Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

ROUND 4

"PANNED!"

Rank the entries and send them to me through PM

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-12:

1. ex: Try Again [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Hollaback Girl [2ND BEST SONG]

12. ex: Goodies [WORST SONG]

Spoiler

Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love

LSD - Genius

Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii

Gwen Stefani - Early Winter

Jennifer Lopez - Play

Nelly Furtado - Try

Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up

Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast

Ashley Tisdale -It's Alright, It's Ok

Mariah Carey - Through The Rain

Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams - Blast Off

Linkin Park - One More Light

Click here to listen to the playlist

Deadline: February 6th 1PM CT

Post your critiques (If you want!) ellie1

40 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

Post your critiques sis. I dare you jj3 

i could easily lie and pretend i love some of these ellie1

one thing that surprises me is no one went with Black Eyed Peas. i was one pm away from submitting Pump It or Meet Me Halfway. fucking bangers!

7 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i could easily lie and pretend i love some of these ellie1

one thing that surprises me is no one went with Black Eyed Peas. i was one pm away from submitting Pump It or Meet Me Halfway. fucking bangers!

I almost picked Imma Be or Boom Boom Pow but i knew y'all f*gs will hate on it cause it's not the basic cliche girlie pop jj4

5 minutes ago, Shego said:

I almost picked Imma Be or Boom Boom Pow but i knew y'all f*gs will hate on it cause it's not the basic cliche girlie pop jj4

well those two are a bit horrid so i think you did well not to. jj4

Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love: omg yes. without even listening to the other songs i don't know yet i know this is my winner. so pissed i didn't think of Jackie, because all of the other Ciara albums i found on metacritic (besides Basic Shitstinct) had scores above 60. brilliant album, brilliant song.

LSD - Genius: oh this one.. there was a time i enjoyed this song, but now i can't help to think it's kind of annoying and too much going on. cool choice though.

Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii: the best KP song this round. i really like this sound for Katy actually, this song deserved more success than some of her other more overrated singles.

Gwen Stefani - Early Winter: this one was new to me. can't say it did much for me. i wouldn't change the channel if it came on the radio, but i also wouldn't choose to listen to it again, that's the best way to describe it. but it was a little too long...

Jennifer Lopez - Play: what a throwback! it's pretty good, sounds very of its time though.

Nelly Furtado - Try: girl... i enjoy lots of Nelly's music, but this one put me straight to sleep.

Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up: i mean.. i guess we already know this is leaving (sorry Mario!) no matter how high i rate it. i know it's criminal to enjoy anything by Chris Brown, but he has some great music... this one is just too overplayed for me, still a bop though ngl.

Katy Perry - Never Really Over: to be honest the Smile singles weren't all that bad. i like this one too, not as much as HIH but it's a solid pop song.

Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast: a choice.

Ashley Tisdale -It's Alright, It's Ok: Vanessa Hudgens outsold. a tired pop-rock song...

Mariah Carey - Through The Rain: predictable choice, Billie Frank! you could at least have picked a good Mariah song. this one was almost as boring as the Nelly song.

Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams - Blast Off: brave choice, i'll give you that! not really for me, but it's better than some of the other songs

Linkin Park - One More Light: oh this one is really emotional... i remember this being released after Chester's death. i actually love it.

btw i didn't check if all these albums had scores 60 or below, so if any of you cheated shame on you!!!

12 minutes ago, Shego said:

both songs are fucking terrible ari7 

but i share the sentiment. id pick a heavy metal song, but yall hate anything without synths so ari7 

5 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Linkin Park - One More Light: oh this one is really emotional... i remember this being released after Chester's death. i actually love it.

you actually got it backwards jj3

It is the last Linkin Park album to feature lead vocalist Chester Bennington before his death on July 20, 2017

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

both songs are fucking terrible ari7 

but i share the sentiment. id pick a heavy metal song, but yall hate anything without synths so ari7 

you actually got it backwards jj3

i know he's singing it and the album was released before his death, but it was released as a single after he died I meant ari7

Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love: cute but not a fave.
LSD - Genius: one of the best from their album!
Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii: one of her most underrated songs!
Gwen Stefani - Early Winter: this album has lower than 60 metacritic score? laughcry1 anyways, the song has something catchy (to my ears at least) but i also feel like it's missing something, still a decent pick tho!
Jennifer Lopez - Play: enjoyed it. the vocals reminded me of Mariah Carey in some parts! #hashtagsbilliefrank
Nelly Furtado - Try: definitely not my favorite, i liked her voice in the chorus tho.
Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up: deserved 20 metacritic score!
Katy Perry - Never Really Over: one of her most overrated songs!
Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast: it could be good if you're in a mood for this type of music, but idk.
Ashley Tisdale -It's Alright, It's Ok: the queen of pop herself did that!
Mariah Carey - Through The Rain: this is like the walmart version of Hero. 
Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams - Blast Off: i actually liked this one and i even liked it on spotify. it reminded me of an 80s song tho, idk which. in the 3rd verse i almost started singing "this is biological stasis, my mood's shifting to manic places, wish I laughed and kept the good friendships...", melody sounds the same as Gaga's 911 or is it only me? interesting1
Linkin Park - One More Light: yeah well known song but not very interesting to me, it's not the worst song of the round tho.

my critiques

Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love

- not only is it not even good, but its also one of the songs from the album produced by the rapist. its a no from me.

LSD - Genius

- sia did great. the rest of the song... was the wrong choice

Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii

- one of my favs from the album!

Gwen Stefani - Early Winter

- a classic!

Jennifer Lopez - Play

- forgettable

Nelly Furtado - Try

- i found nothing likable from this song

Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up

- hard skip

Katy Perry - Never Really Over

- the people who say this one's one of Katy's worst singles/songs are not only delusional, but also tasteless!

Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast

- WHY choose this song over either You Lost Me or even Prima Donna moo12 

Ashley Tisdale -It's Alright, It's Ok

- a song i grew up with cloud1 

Mariah Carey - Through The Rain

- i often forget this song exists, and how good it is!

Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams - Blast Off

- another hard pass

Linkin Park - One More Light

- brit2 

Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love: I used to like this song a lot. I still do, but it's just not hitting me as hard as it used to.. perhaps it's the aging (and often recycled) Dr. Luke production, perhaps it's just a case of a good song not aging well. 

LSD - Genius: Always loved this song! One of my favorites from Sia's discography.

Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii: We all knew this would be here. Predictable pick, but a good (and underappreciated!) song nonetheless.

Gwen Stefani - Early Winter: A shame that this wasn't 4 in the Morning, which would've been an instant #1 for me. Good song regardless though!

Jennifer Lopez - Play: Critics don't always get it right.. but I think they did with this one. Aged atrociously. 

Nelly Furtado - Try: This was.. okay, I guess? Very lowkey. Came and went. 

Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up: I'm really out here listening to fucking Chris Brown. This just sounds like what a pop music forum gay who wants to be a pop star would make and spam around the forum.

Katy Perry - Never Really Over: The other expected Katy song! Honestly never was a huge fan of the song but I did like it.. a safe pick.

Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast: Quite surprised to like this? Really didn't think I would. I also appreciate the song being a deeper cut. 

Ashley Tisdale - It's Alright, It's Ok: Is this not just a mashup of Kelly's 'My Life Would Suck Without You' and P!nk's 'So What'..? Still quite enjoyable regardless though.

Mariah Carey - Through The Rain: I like this quite a lot actually! Beautiful song, wasn't expecting it since I listened to Charmbracelet years ago and hated it.

Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams - Blast Off: Very dark and menacing.. I like it! A big surprise actually cause I don't like Pharrell.

Linkin Park - One More Light: This was.. eh. I feel like the value of the song lies more with the sentimentalism rather than the song itself.