Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

ROUND 9

"Unfaithful"

Rank the entries and send them to me through PM

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-8:

1. ex: Try Again [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Hollaback Girl [2ND BEST SONG]

8. ex: Goodies [WORST SONG]

Spoiler

Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs

Nelly, Kelly Rowland - Dilemma

Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend

Shaggy, Rik Rok - It Wasn't Me

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies

SZA - The Weekend

Disclosure, Lorde - Magnets

Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good

Doja Cat, The Weeknd - You Right

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Deadline: February 28th 10 AM CST

Good luck!

On 2/25/2023 at 5:18 PM, Verona said:

SZA becomes our third banned artist of the season!

tehe1

3 minutes ago, Verona said:

She is banned after this round ellie1  I should have clarified that before nnn

so what is the truth ellie1

4 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

so what is the truth ellie1

She was used for a third time this round, so she is now banned ellie1  I wrote that after the user sent their song in case anyone wanted to send Sza too

Just now, Verona said:

She was used for a third time this round, so she is now banned ellie1

oh okay cool clap2 

it would have sucked a bit for her to be banned and us subsequently tank her... cause The Weekend actually does fit the theme unlike a bunch of other entries sass1

Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs; amazing song, probably in my top 2 this round BUT i struggle a bit with it actually following the theme as it's sung from a third party perspective or at least that's what it sounds like to me.

Nelly, Kelly Rowland - Dilemma; fits the theme just fine and very much a classic, i don't like the song itself a lot though.

Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend; no objections on this one. met the theme and a great song.

Shaggy, Rik Rok - It Wasn't Me; bebe1 kind of an earbleed that's very much of its time but it is what it is.

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies; i'll need some time with this one, i don't like it at all but i have to make sense of the lyrics before i rank it last or not.

SZA - The Weekend; great choice and while not my favorite song this round i think lyrically it's a top 2.

Disclosure, Lorde - Magnets; terrific choice. maybe a bit... vague but a great performance and production, should make the top 3. 

Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good; a classic song from one of music's all time greats. much like SZA's entry, the pen game is unmatched but i like this song a lot more than SZA's.

Doja Cat, The Weeknd - You Right; a cute submission, not the best entry this round, maybe leaning towards the bottom 4, for me at least.