Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

ROUND 12

"Seven Deadly Sins"

Rank the entries and send them to me through PM

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-6:

ENVY

Spoiler

Marina sings about being envious of the typical pretty/popular teens (teen idols) and wished she was one of them.

SLOTH

Spoiler

A satirical take on exercising culture that criticizes the toxicity & shallowness of industries revolving around fitness/diet culture. It's an anti-motivational song that embraces the 'Sloth' energy, satirically encouraging people to be lazy with the goal of not giving in to the schemes of diet/fitness companies who make money through shaming people & exploiting their insecurities. "Sloth" here is also interpreted as cynical, apathetic and indifferent, not just laziness for no reason; because to the Sloth, nothing matters.. we're all gonna die anyway

GREED

Spoiler

LUST

Spoiler

I chose this song because it perfectly describes the deadly sin “lust”. After all, everyone wants to be Wanted, ravished, mauled, adored. A song for all the nymphomaniacs out there. 

Oxytocin is a song I feel best describes lust and sexual arousement through the lyrics and the experimental, tenseful production that's only building and building up towards an impressive climax. I used the song because what better song to describe lust than one titled after the love hormone?

Sex in the car, in public.. the vibe & lyrics perfectly capture the intensity of lust. 

Spoiler

Marina - Teen Idle 

Number One Popstar - I Hate Running 

ABBA - Lay All Your Love On Me 

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!

Shygirl - Shlut 

Billie Eilish - Oxytocin 

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire 

Spotify Playlist

Deadline: March 10th 3PM CST

this might be the first round where i think everyone followed the theme! shock1  so i'm only gonna judge based how i feel about the songs and maybe on the descriptions -or lack of- if i'm feeling picky.

Teen Idle - This is such a good song from SUCH a good album. I do think it fits the theme well too. 

I Hate Running - The sloth theme being so literal fall8 The song is fine. It’s not amazing or anything but it’s all there. 

Lay All Your Love On Me - Well obviously an iconic song. A good choice for the theme as well. Probably one of my fave ABBA songs. 

Ka-Ching! - This is so nostalgic to me brit2 Miss Shania really spilled here! 

Shlut - Not a fave for me but I guess the song isn’t that bad either. The “lust” theme really has the most amount of songs in any of these categories so… there were others to go for jj2 

Oxytocin - One of the few bangers I like from Billie. The beat is so nice but it could def go off a bit more. 

Sex on Fire - Who in the white middle aged person did this. 

Marina - Teen Idle: Cute song, I think it fits the chosen sin of Envy well.

Number One Popstar - I Hate Running: I quite like the song, it’s not amazing or anything, but it’s enjoyable and a good take on Sloth.

ABBA - Lay All Your Love On Me: A classic. Not much more to say.

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!: Another classic, not a new favorite song of mine, but better than most songs this round and fits the chosen sin of Greed clap3 

Shygirl - Shlut: Very boring song to go with for Lust, which has so many options. It’s not bad, just very very meh.

Billie Eilish - Oxytocin: Probably the best song of the round and the best song chosen for Lust. Great pick.

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire: One of the worst, most overplayed, over-covered songs of all time. I honestly don’t understand why anyone would pick this, even if it fits the sin.

Marina - Teen Idle; good pick and while Marina never did much for me, this fits the theme perfectly.

Number One Popstar - I Hate Running; while not my favorite song this round, I really appreciate someone went for this sin and did a good job at it too. It's a decent track as a standalone but both the description and the choice itself scream "EFFORT!" and I'm always here for that! 

ABBA - Lay All Your Love On Me; Never expected to see ABBA here! Very much a wildcard choice, but a good one I'd say!

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!; A cute little song but as toohtless as any other Shania song, there were much better choices for this sin. 

Shygirl - Shlut; I don't like this too much tbh. Lust was the easiest sin to go for because of the millions of options and to go with this... its giving lack of ideas. Sorry. Worst song.

Billie Eilish - Oxytocin; Bop but also a bit safe in an ocean of songs to go for this sin. I prefer this to Shlut though, much better song.  

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire; One of my favorite songs ever!! BUT it would have been an amazing fit for the rock theme. As it is... it fits this theme as much as all the other songs do, I just didn't really expect to see it here.

2 hours ago, Gabe. said:

Shygirl - Shlut; I don't like this too much tbh. Lust was the easiest sin to go for because of the millions of options and to go with this... its giving lack of ideas. Sorry. Worst song.

I really thought this was your song interesting1 

Marina - Teen Idle: This was never one of my favorite Marina songs, but it shines especially well in this round. The whole "Teen Idol/Teen Idle" thing had me by the throat in 2012 laughcry1

Number One Popstar - I Hate Running: The vision is very much there, and the song itself is cute! On a side note, the diversification of the sins is always a win to me.

ABBA - Lay All Your Love On Me: TikTok kinda run this song into the ground, but that's not the submitter's fault. It's still a good song and it fits the chosen sin.

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!: A little forgettable but still very much good, and it certainly does fit the theme. I can also appreciate that it's not the umpteenth Lust entry. 

Shygirl - Shlut: Well, it is a good fit for the sin, but it comes across as very one dimensional and uninspired. 

Billie Eilish - Oxytocin: The ultimate Lust anthem I'd say! Not much else to say here.

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire: Had low expectations for this song, but it actually wasn't that bad? Probably not something I'd listen to all the time though.

--

All in all, I think I liked every song this round except for one. And everyone is also on theme! Good round! 

5 hours ago, Kristina said:

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire: One of the worst, most overplayed, over-covered songs of all time. 

3 hours ago, Gabe. said:

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire; One of my favorite songs ever!! 

QsKdQ0d.gif