Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

33 minutes ago, Jae said:

impossible ass round rip4 took me over an hour to find 2 decent covers under the time limit just for them to both be taken burn1

I was surprised no one had claimed my entry yet dead1

ROUND 14

"Lyrics and Covers"

Excluding your entries, rank from 1-8

Spoiler

Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time

Miley Cyrus - Like a Prayer

Muse - Feeling Good

Ellie Goulding - Hanging On

Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love

Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen

Loreen - Euphoria

Rihanna, Calvin Harris - We Found Love

Banks - Gemini Feed

Lights - Okay Okay

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

(The playlist is divided in the two themes, the first half are the covers, the second half the two songwriters)

Deadline: March 17th 1PM CST

Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time: It's a really good song and it's def a stand-out in Lana's discography. A great pick!

Miley Cyrus - Like a Prayer: One of the best songs ever and miss Miley kinda ate here. No crumbs! A standout. 

Muse - Feeling Good: Also one of the best songs originally and Muse are doing it justice tbh. I like it a lot.

Ellie Goulding - Hanging On: Hmmm I don't know about this one. I like Ellie but somehow this song just goes nowhere? It's all just... a little messy. 

Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love: Well I'm not a fan of Florence... Her vocals always bothered me. It's an alright song though!

Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen: A moment! An iconic song I've always really liked. Good choice!

Loreen - Euphoria: Queen of Eurovision made it in to this game and WE LOVE TO SEE IT. Such an amazing song by an amazing artist.

Rihanna, Calvin Harris - We Found Love: High key a nice throwback moment! My teenage memories are AWOKEN and I love it.

Banks - Gemini Feed: This is interesting. It's nice but kind of forgettable I guess.

Lights - Okay Okay: I really like this! The only problem I have... similar to the previous song is that it might be a bit forgetable. 

Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time: It's okay, kind of boring/generic. Not a standout by Lana to me, but a cute enough cover.

Miley Cyrus - Like a Prayer: Doesn't hold a candle to the original and her voice gets kind of grating on it. Wouldn't listen to it again.

Muse - Feeling Good: This song sung by Muse just sounds wrong. Doesn't really fit them imo, the Michael Bublé cover is so much better.

Ellie Goulding - Hanging On: I quite like this one, it's cute. Had no idea it was a cover

Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love: I'm not a huge fan of Florence's voice, I quite like the song. I also didn't know this was a cover.

Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen: Wait.. The opening sounds like Eye of the Tiger rip4 I guess this is a classic (not really familiar with it), but it's not anything special to me. Way too long and repetitive.

Loreen - Euphoria: I do love this one, kind of surprised it only has two writers because I feel like Eurovision songs always has many writers. Not much more to add, it really is a great song.

Rihanna, Calvin Harris - We Found Love: Wait.. actually so surprised a Rihanna song doesn't have a million of writers. I used to LOVE this song and have listened to it so much. It's still good, but it didn't age like fine wine... it sounds kind of its time, and the drop is kind of cringe, but that's okay.

Banks - Gemini Feed: I really like this one. It's a more laidback song than the previous two, but it's really good. BANKS is underrated.

Lights - Okay Okay: Don't get me wrong, it's not bad. It's just very generic. But it's a nice upbeat catchy song nonetheless. It really reminds me of another song, but idk which one.

the covers were weak tbh dead1

Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time: I considered this for myself, but decided not to cause I didn't want to get dragged for being "too safe" again.. it's good though, at least to me!

Miley Cyrus - Like a Prayer: I think the fact that it's a live version hurts it? But a cover is a cover. 

Ellie Goulding - Hanging On: Very in-line with what I expected for covers: she doesn't just cover the song, but also blends her own style in it.

Muse - Feeling Good: It's a good, enjoyable take on the song. 

Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love: Again, I love when the artist blends their own style into covers. This has Florence all over it, which is a very good thing.

Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen: A very strong entry. Aged like fine wine.

Loreen - Euphoria: Honestly never liked this that much. It was alright, but sounds very much like its time.

Rihanna, Calvin Harris - We Found Love: Rihanna not having a songwriting credit rip4 song is okay, kinda aged a bit, not my favorite from Calvin. 

Banks - Gemini Feed: Liked this quite a lot actually! Always love to see Banks.

Lights - Okay Okay: A solid pop song! Actually liked this one as well!

Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time: This was an instant classic tbh. An amazing cover that captures the essence of the original and still manages to fli pit all around by at least 180 degrees. giveup4 

Miley Cyrus - Like a Prayer: Basically what I had to say about Doin' Time. I prefer this over Madonna's actually. giveup4 

Ellie Goulding - Hanging On: I was so close to enter Ellie in the songwriter category. Glad to see her on someone else's mind as well, even if this is not exactly one of her best imo.

Muse - Feeling Good: I love Muse, this song is okay!

Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love: Legend! giveup4 

Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen: Another legend, this round is killing me. giveup4 

Loreen - Euphoria: ESC legend but the song is a bit overhyped imo. It's still a great song and a hell of a banger so I hope it does well here!

Rihanna, Calvin Harris - We Found Love: I hate this song with all my heart.

Banks - Gemini Feed: Another instant classic. Unfortuantely not many songs by Bank reach this level of excellence. giveup4 

Lights - Okay Okay: This was a bit boring to me. And by a bit I mean a lot. 

The way most of these songs are on my playlists. giveup4