Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

ROUND 2

"The Language Of Love"

Rank the entries and send them to me through PM

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-14:

1. ex: Try Again [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Hollaback Girl [2ND BEST SONG]

14. ex: Goodies [WORST SONG]

Spoiler

Paloma Mami - No Te Enamores

Kali Uchis - telepatía

Shakira - La Tortura

Clara Luciani - Amour toujours

Kali Uchis - fue mejor feat. SZA

Belanova - Rosa Pastel

Becky G - Si Si

BAD GYAL - FIEBRE

Alizée - Moi... Lolita

Marco Carta - Sesso Romantico

Kali Uchis - No Hay Ley

Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg - Je T'aime,...Moi Non Plus

Alizée - J'en ai marre!

Moenia - Morir Tres Veces

ROSALÍA - DESPECHÁ

Click here to listen the songs

Deadline: January 25th 10 AM CT (If you need more time, tell me!)

Post your critiques if you want!

Type of Elimination: Single

Paloma Mami - No Te Enamores: i think it's a cute little bop. not huge or anything that stands out a lot, but an easy and pleasant listen.

Kali Uchis - telepatía: i actually really like it, it's chill. but the fact that there are parts in English drags it down for me this round shrug1

Shakira - La Tortura: the most predictable choice this round.. it's okay, not a highlight in Shakira's discography imo.

Clara Luciani - Amour toujours: i have to admit i found this pretty boring. it picks up a little in the choruses, but overall it didn't do much for me

Kali Uchis - fue mejor feat. SZA: pretty much feel the same way about this as the first Kali song, very chill and I like it, a little less than the other one though. but the English parts again is a minus in this round.

Belanova - Rosa Pastel: it's not really for me i'm afraid. i don't like the "rockish" sound.

Becky G - Si Si: it sounds like a very typical spanish/latin pop song but it's pretty good.

BAD GYAL - FIEBRE: this is highkey a bop, it gets kind of repetitive though.

Alizée - Moi... Lolita: it sounds familiar. it also sounds like something from Eurovision tbh dead1 

Marco Carta - Sesso Romantico: sorry but this kind of made me cringe.

Kali Uchis - No Hay Ley: didn't like this as much as the other songs by her, her voice didn't sound good on this at all. and again with the English.

Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg - Je T'aime,...Moi Non Plus: hahaha. this song! this was used in at least one big commercial in Norway (for butter I believe). that's all i can think of when I hear it.

Alizée - J'en ai marre!: this was pretty nice. kind of sounds like ABBA, but in French.

Moenia - Morir Tres Veces: this is also kind of giving Eurovision dead1 it's one of those songs that don't really stand out, but it's not bad either.

ROSALÍA - DESPECHÁ: i'm not familiar with Rosalia's music like many others, but this was a pleasant surprise! great ending. it's a bop.

i realize my song should have been something different. i only chose the song i did cos the artist is LGBT+ and i thought the song i picked was a bop. shrug1

im listening through the others now

edit - the other (non lgbt) artist i was thinking of submitting, i thought at least one other person would have used giveup2