Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

Quick thoughts since I don't have time to write a full review:

• Well done to whoever picked 2 Die 4 and Escapism! They were 2 of the songs I almost submitted for the round brit16
  • Auntie Diaries ... interesting pick from Mr. Morale. That song has honestly never worked for me lyrically so we'll see.
  • Kill BillQuicksandChoreomania and boy gives the playlist a much needed refresh, but one of these didn't resonate too well with me.
  • Bam Bam ... I can't think of a more insufferable duo. The only good thing to ever come out of this song was people calling it Bomb Bomb.
  • Love It When You Hate Me, New Gold and Where You Are ... were there. WYA was kinda fun for a bit though.
  • Alien's Superstar and Cuff It.. two Beyonce songs and neither of them is Virgo's Godroove? giveup3 

The others I either like / mostly okay with, or just don't really have thoughts on brit16

17 hours ago, max said:

Aiming for a middle of the road placement for all the rounds gaga4

same tbh if there's a lesson i learned from s1 is that there's no point to slay in the first rounds 💀 slow and steady wins the race!

the way I expected to know all of the songs from this round but I barely knew any dead1

Carly Rae Jepsen - Talking To Yourself: pleasantly surprised by this, it's pretty good!

Kendrick Lamar - Auntie Diaries: I don't really like the SONG, it goes nowhere. but I really love the lyrics, very progressive for a rap song.

The Killers - boy: not really my cup of tea, but it's not bad.

Hatchie - Quicksand: ooh yes! i love this. it's totally my vibe

Tove Lo - 2 Die 4: i love this bop! the sample was used so well.

PinkPantheress ft. WILLOW - Where you are: wait.. i like this, it's cute!

Sugababes - Today: I feel like I know who picked this, and they can probably tell what I'm going to say already dead1 hate this lineup of "Sugababes", the song sounds dated, but it's not as bad as I expected. it sounds like an oldschool Sugababes song.

Harry Styles - Late Night Talking: i like it shrug1 harry has better and worse songs, not much more to say

Rosalía - Candy: i'm sorry but it' s a no from me. the song isn't horrible but I couldn't stand her voice

Beyoncé - ALIEN SUPERSTAR: the best song on whatever Beyoncé's overrated album is called. the chorus was a highlight of 2022!

Camila Cabello - Bam Bam: it's catchy but a very weird duo imo. i don't get this collab, ed's part sounds like a different song

Florence + The Machine - Choreomania: i thought the beginning was quite beautiful, didn't like it as much when it sped up.

Beyoncé - CUFF IT: i actually didn't like this until it went viral on tiktok, but I have to say it's very catchy.

SZA - Kill Bill: I know this is huge right now, but I don't get the hype? extremly boring. her album has better songs

Gorillaz - New Gold: it's giving elevator music

Alok & Bastille - Run Into Trouble: it's pretty generic, sounds like a typical song you'd hear on the radio, i don't mind it.

Avril Lavigne - Love It When You Hate Me: Avril still makes music? sounds like she hasn't evolved one bit. kind of cringe tbh.

RAYE - Escapism. (feat. 070 Shake): I've heard this way too much on tiktok, but it's one of the best songs this round

Carly Rae Jepsen - Talking To Yourself: It’s cute but not much more

Kendrick Lamar - Auntie Diaries: I really like this. Wish it went off a bit more but it’s fine 

The Killers - boy: Not my cup of tea sorry

Hatchie - Quicksand: barely remember this I’m sorry. Not bad though.

Tove Lo - 2 Die 4: BOP BOP BOP. One of my faves this round!

PinkPantheress ft. WILLOW - Where you are: This is nice! A cute moment in this round 

Sugababes - Today: Didn’t know they were still around ari7 Nice… but forgettable 

Harry Styles - Late Night Talking: Love this song. One of my faves from 2022.

Rosalía - Candy: Same as above. This whole album is fire.

Beyoncé - ALIEN SUPERSTAR: Same as the two above tbh alex1

Camila Cabello - Bam Bam: I’m not a fan of the artists but I can’t deny this is so catchy I die. 

Florence + The Machine - Choreomania: I rarely like Florence songs and this is no exception. Not bad but not for me.

Beyoncé - CUFF IT: 10/10 my fave this round I think.

SZA - Kill Bill: Never heard this one before! I really like it. The chorus is super nice.

Gorillaz - New Gold: Surprised me - but I low key love this? I don’t know what it is about it but I really bop to it.

Alok & Bastille - Run Into Trouble: Kind of same as above tbh? A fave I think. 

Avril Lavigne - Love It When You Hate Me: This is fine. No more no less.

RAYE - Escapism. (feat. 070 Shake): Well I’m not sure. It’s not bad at all but I don’t think it sticks out as a fave on this list. 

Spoiler

2nd Place

@Chris

with Kill Bill by SZA

Total Points: 156

3rd Place

@Jae

with Talking to Yourself by Carly Rae Jepsen

Total Points: 155

4th Place

@GlenCoco

with Late Night Talking by Harry Styles