Slasher

Rihanna’s Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show

Finally got to watch it and.. yeah, this wasn't good. 

I was pretty bored halfway into it. She was never the best performer but I don't remember her stage presence being this bad.. the pregnancy surely affected her, but it also felt like the years of musical inactivity was really showing on her. The dancers are doing some very heavy lifting and she could've at least done a costume change. Just feels very half-assed overall. 

Finally got around to watching it and it was honestly great giveup4 I might be biased, but I truly loved it. She’s never been a huge dancer, so people who didn’t like it might not be that familiar with her performances. She stayed very true to herself and her way of performing. I liked that even though it’s obviosuly a huge production and a million dancers they still went down the «less is more» route with the choreography, the wardrobe and honestly the stage too. It was the perfect mixture of not dancing and dancing, and honestly the parts where she did choreo was iconic. Having zero guests was a power move too, but who would need one with a catalog like hers.

God, now I miss her doing music even more.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:26 AM, Snow said:

Finally got to watch it and.. yeah, this wasn't good. 

I was pretty bored halfway into it. She was never the best performer but I don't remember her stage presence being this bad.. the pregnancy surely affected her, but it also felt like the years of musical inactivity was really showing on her. The dancers are doing some very heavy lifting and she could've at least done a costume change. Just feels very half-assed overall. 

Yeah, MTE. jj4

The best part was the medley of songs she chose. That plus mixing in elements of the lesser known fan favorite songs was the only redeeming quality, imo. brit3