hector

First look into Gaga’s Joker movie

Of course I'm excited for the movie, but I'm also very interested to see how it plays out with the audience/critics. The first one got very mixed reviews, but had a huge cult following. I have a feeling this will be the opposite. I think it'll do better with the critics, but may lose that huge audience because of it being a musical. I might be wrong though. 

10 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

Of course I'm excited for the movie, but I'm also very interested to see how it plays out with the audience/critics. The first one got very mixed reviews, but had a huge cult following. I have a feeling this will be the opposite. I think it'll do better with the critics, but may lose that huge audience because of it being a musical. I might be wrong though. 

The first Joker made over a billion at the box office, and with an R-rating. (I think it’s the highest grossing R-rated film of all time.) The second one will be huge by default. Whether it’s good or not will determine just how high it goes and if it can approach the incredible sum of the first, but it has a huge built-in audience.