Jump to content
Simón.

The Eras Tour vs. Renaissance Tour?

Recommended Posts

Two of the main pop girls touring and no BG thread about it? Let's change it! 

 

Impact? The Eras Tour wins this by far. Since the start of the tour Taylor got even bigger in streaming. Fun fact: Taylor is still the most streamed female artists in Belgium despite Beyoncé performing there. 1:0

Performance? Beyoncé is one of the best performers, no doubt. Taylors concerts seem more personal though, while Beyoncé seems more unreachable/distant. It's equal for me here 2:1

Stage Design? Beyoncé no question. 2:2

Demand: Taylor wins this. Renaissance Tour still have tickets online while people standing in front of the stadiums of the Eras Tour. Taylor at this point bigger than the Beatles. 3:2 

Setlist: Taste is different. Taylor wins here for me, too. 4:2

Domestic Gross: Too early to say, but considering Taylor has yet to announce global dates, I will give the point to Taylor.  5:2

 

 

In the end Miss Swift wins again.

 The Man Taylor GIF

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Two of the main pop girls touring and no BG thread about it? Let's change it! 

 

Impact? The Eras Tour wins this by far. Since the start of the tour Taylor got even bigger in streaming. Fun fact: Taylor is still the most streamed female artists in Belgium despite Beyoncé performing there. 1:0

Performance? Beyoncé is one of the best performers, no doubt. Taylors concerts seem more personal though, while Beyoncé seems more unreachable/distant. It's equal for me here 2:1

Stage Design? Beyoncé no question. 2:2

Demand: Taylor wins this. Renaissance Tour still have tickets online while people standing in front of the stadiums of the Eras Tour. Taylor at this point bigger than the Beatles. 3:2 

Setlist: Taste is different. Taylor wins here for me, too. 4:2

Domestic Gross: Too early to say, but considering Taylor has yet to announce global dates, I will give the point to Taylor.  5:2

 

 

In the end Miss Swift wins again.

 The Man Taylor GIF

 

I agree 100% with you 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Taylor twice this month and am seeing Bey in July so we shall see where I land. 

Just based on the videos of Bey, I think she has the better stage and costumes but I have some gripes with the setlist (we all know what they are) and the flow of the show is a little odd and Taylor's tour doesn't really have that issue. But it's a stellar show overall, both of these tours are. These are some of the best tours ever created happening before our very eyes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2023 at 12:09 PM, Kylie said:

Ofc a Swiftie would make Taylor win brit1 

 

 

Well I mean on the criteria listed, Taylor does win. The demand for her is higher, the impact on the artist's career and the economy of the places visited is higher, and at this moment at least the domestic gross is higher. 

Gross can of course change drastically once Beyonce starts her shows here, the setlist comes down to personal taste so there's no clear winner there (though that tragic opening section will hurt Bey here regardless and I think even most of the people who'd be inclined to pick the Renaissance Tour would agree), and even the performance aspect is subjective depending upon what you want out of a show. 

So as of now, Beyonce only has the stage as a clear win. But things may change as the tour goes on, its still new. I'm seeing her in July so it'll be even easier to compare them having seen Eras twice this month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor can have the biggest production ever but it won’t ever be enough to distract from her utter lack of stage presence, vocal talent and performance skills. Most of her peers have at least two of the former. She's a shining 0 in all three of them.

By far THE single most overrated artist to have ever existed. Not even her alleged songwriting talent is anything to write home about. Her advantage is that she's white with a Christian/country music background. Still, she can try as hard as she wants with her fraudulent sale and chart manipulation strategies…her albums tend to be very frontloaded and her current success relies heavily on the fact that she shits out a new release every few months. Sadly, her racist fanbase is ambitious and dumb enough to buy it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Taylor can have the biggest production ever but it won’t ever be enough to distract from her utter lack of stage presence, vocal talent and performance skills. Most of her peers have at least two of the former. She's a shining 0 in all three of them.

By far THE single most overrated artist to have ever existed. Not even her alleged songwriting talent is anything to write home about. Her advantage is that she's white with a Christian/country music background. Still, she can try as hard as she wants with her fraudulent sale and chart manipulation strategies…her albums tend to be very frontloaded and her current success relies heavily on the fact that she shits out a new release every few months. Sadly, her racist fanbase is ambitious and dumb enough to buy it all.

Having just seen the Eras Tour, she brings it in terms of stage presence, vocals and performance skills. She hasn't always been the best performer, but the Midnights segment of the show showed her serving (that chair dancing Vigilante Shit was fire). She also knows how to connect with her audience in a way few others can. You can hear it in how she talks to them and when she just sits at the guitar and/or piano. And by the way, the fact the heavily produced songs can sound good stripped down at her concert is a testament to her "alleged songwriting talent." She also does not have a Christian music background. Christian and country are NOT the same. It's also incredibly unfair to call an entire fanbase racist. Get off your high horse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cher said:

Having just seen the Eras Tour, she brings it in terms of stage presence, vocals and performance skills. She hasn't always been the best performer, but the Midnights segment of the show showed her serving (that chair dancing Vigilante Shit was fire). She also knows how to connect with her audience in a way few others can. You can hear it in how she talks to them and when she just sits at the guitar and/or piano. And by the way, the fact the heavily produced songs can sound good stripped down at her concert is a testament to her "alleged songwriting talent." She also does not have a Christian music background. Christian and country are NOT the same. It's also incredibly unfair to call an entire fanbase racist. Get off your high horse.

Okay, keep convincing yourself. I've seen enough videos of her abysmal tour that prove otherwise.

Also, her fanbase IS incredibly racist and unhinged. She enables their behavior too and motivates them to bully people she has beef with. An absolutely despicable human being and I pity anyone who is too blind to see what this cunt is up to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two of the main pop girls touring and no BG thread about it? Let's change it!    Impact? The Eras Tour wins this by far. Since the start of the tour Taylor got even bigger in streaming. Fun

Pity me while I listen to Speak Now (Taylor's Version) on July 7.

Ofc a Swiftie would make Taylor win      


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×