Snow

Grimes defends Lizzo & Chris Brown in lengthy Twitter rant

grimes-lizzo-getty-comp.jpg

She tweeted 20 times to discuss the topic, engaging in debates in her replies.

Grimes: I love Lizzo.  Not saying I don't believe ppl when bad things happen, but I had dancers mistreated on my watch in ways I didn't find out about until way later.  Mebe shit is bad.  But loyalty matters to me.  Lizzo was kind to me and others for a decade before she was "cool", and she checked in in me when no one cared.  I've only ever seen exemplary behavior from her, especially when everyone was hating on me and she was on top of the world.  There was no reason for her to check in, besides to be a good person.  Just my two cents.  I recall when she first blew up being so happy because I'd never known such an admirable person to find fame in the music industry.  I struggle to believe she would have so radically changed 💜 tired of a culture that seeks to destroy it's greatest virtues.  Lizzo is amazing.

x

Reply: Grimes it’s because you’re rich and wealthy and have influence, Lizzo is a classist abuser who doesn’t believe people ‘on her level’ deserve respect

Grimes: Lizzo was nice to me before elon when she blew up and I was still indie as fuck.  She was nice to me in like 2012 before anyone cared abt either of us.  She checked in while I was cancelled a f while I was pregnant when most people abandoned me because they didn't want the association,  she was kind when was only a liability to her.  I respect that hardcore.  That's a good person.

x

Reply: Chris Brown was nice to me, so he never hit Rihanna.  I agree with Grimes.  When someone is nice to you, they are nice to everyone.  Like Tarantino said with Weinstein.. "I never saw it happen in front of me."

Grimes: Rihanna has supported chris brown in the aftermath cuz Rihanna seems to care about restorative justice.  *assuming* Lizzo is guilty (without a trial - which flies in the face of democracy) - it's funny to me the same people who fight for restorative justice seem against it for someone who has been a figurehead for change and suffered greatly to fight for acceptance.

x

Grimes: modern democracy is built on the principal of "innocent until proven guilty" 

Curious how so many speak loudly against fascism, yet demand a dismantling of the precarious luxury of freedom so few besides them - the very most privileged in all of history - have ever lived.   

How did this rhetorical trap overtake our civilization?

Reply: I don’t know anyone who is anti fascist and also calls for an end to freedom. Are you making up a guy?

Grimes: The cancel culture decision to assume guilt without due process.  This seems aggressively destabilizing to public mental health, since it's happened to me many times for things I didn't do, I can no longer accept it at face value.  Ps bloodborne is my favourite game and I therefore fear no joust.  Prove me wrong

x

The cancel culture decision to assume guilt without due process.  This seems aggressively destabilizing to public mental health,   Since it's happened to me many times for things I didn't do, I can no longer accept it at face value.  Ps bloodborne is my favourite game and I therefore fear no joust.  Prove me wrong

shes made some points here and there but just like she says, nothing is face value. rihanna could have been supporting CB due to other reasons unknown to us

She has definitely made some points and according to some of the new stuff that’s been coming out, I will DEFINITELY wait before I make any judgements.

The whole Amber Heard / Johnny Depp situation definitely taught me to actually wait before making a final judgment about the case.

Her dancers have said very contradictory and weird things lately. While I don’t think it’s fair to believe Lizzo is innocent based on the face she has shown us, I definitely think cancel culture should give her a fair trial and wait for all the evidence to come to light.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She has definitely made some points and according to some of the new stuff that’s been coming out, I will DEFINITELY wait before I make any judgements. The whole Amber Heard / Johnny Depp situati

shes made some points here and there but just like she says, nothing is face value. rihanna could have been supporting CB due to other reasons unknown to us

She tweeted 20 times to discuss the topic, engaging in debates in her replies. x x x x

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.