Snow

Gaga's dad goes after migrants: 'They have basically taken over!'

gaga.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Lady Gaga’s dad is leading the charge against unruly migrants living near his Upper West Side home and restaurant — griping they’re flooding the ritzy neighborhood with a constant stream of hookers and other bad behavior. 

Joe Germanotta has lived in The Pythian building on West 70th Street for 35 years — it’s where he raised his two daughters, including the “Born This Way” singer. He also opened up a restaurant in the community in 2012.

“If it was like this when my girls were growing up, I wouldn’t be living in New York,” said Germanotta, 66, who is compiling a list of local residents’ concerns to take to lawmakers, the NYPD, and the homeless services in protest.

Since the arrival of the migrants, the restaurateur said the quality of life in the area has taken a hit. Germanotta claims the chaos has depreciated local property values and said it’s torn at the fabric of a neighborhood that was caught off guard.

Residents from Germanotta’s building — of which he is the board president — and three neighboring addresses have since formed the West 70th Street Association to lobby City Hall for more policing and better supervision of the migrants.

“I don’t mind having them there. They’re gonna be there for three years. That was the contract, I understand. But at least manage it. Put the proper security in place, have a police presence and a code of conduct,” the popstar’s father said. 

“They’re guests in our neighborhood, and they have basically taken over.”

x

Joe last made headlines in February, when he slammed New York City's dirtiness and blamed the homeless for hurting his business.

Lady Gaga's father, Joe Germanotta, is not happy with the current state of New York City.

"I think the city is a mess," he began on Thursday. "It looks horrible. People coming from Connecticut and Long Island may go to Lincoln Center for a show – then they’re walking around, it smells like weed everywhere."

Germanotta owns the Italian eatery, Joanne Trattoria, in the Upper East Side and says his business has suffered in recent years. In 2020, the New Jersey native refused to pay rent on his Grand Central Terminal restaurant because of the spike in the homeless population negatively impacting his business.

"The homeless go in there to stay warm. We’re compassionate, but it affects our customers," he told The Post at the time. "When the homeless invade our areas, it becomes a less attractive place." 

He claimed Art Bird & Whiskey Bar faced a 30 percent decline after the spike in homelessness since he opened the establishment in 2018.

x

14 hours ago, Chris said:

also, isnt he an immigrant himself (or the descendant of one)?

I mean his last name is literally Germanotta gaga1 but well what can you expect from a Trump supporter!

2 hours ago, Disco Darling said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but most white Americans have european ancestries, right?

If not every single one of us does then it'd be most. 

Tbh I think even the natives migrated from Africa or somewhere in the eastern world iirc

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Tbh I think even the natives migrated from Africa or somewhere in the eastern world iirc

I think they most ancestors migrated easily because of the Pangea. My school project back then was to stick all continents together like puzzle pieces and somehow, they all fit together, like they were once attached with each other.

58 minutes ago, Disco Darling said:

I think they most ancestors migrated easily because of the Pangea. My school project back then was to stick all continents together like puzzle pieces and somehow, they all fit together, like they were once attached with each other.

that is the main theory of the tectonic plates true1 

12 hours ago, Chris said:

Which is almost every person in America lmfao

It’s progress, it used to be people from England and Scotland (and only some parts of Scotland) saying this shit about people who weren’t from England and Scotland. 

Now it’s people of European ancestry saying this about people who are not of European ancestry. 

Progress. 

On 8/11/2023 at 10:15 PM, Disco Darling said:

On 8/11/2023 at 9:07 PM, Chris said:

Humans didn't exist when Pangaea was a thing, that was 200 million years ago. The continents were already in place by the time that modern humans originated in East Africa 200,000 years ago.

From Africa, humans travelled into the Middle East and then branched out into Europe, Asia and eventually the Americas.

800px-Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png

When it comes to the United States specially, native Americans are the only ones that can genuinely say they have lived there longer than anyone else. White Americans are much more recent European migrants to America. Black Americans largely originate from west and central Africa (although their ancestors were mostly unwillingly brought to the Americas).

That's why I always find it funny when white Americans complain about immigrants. I wonder what native Americans have to say about that?

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Humans didn't exist when Pangaea was a thing, that was 200 million years ago. The continents were already in place by the time that modern humans originated in East Africa 200,000 years ago.

From Africa, humans travelled into the Middle East and then branched out into Europe, Asia and eventually the Americas.

800px-Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png

When it comes to the United States specially, native Americans are the only ones that can genuinely say they have lived there longer than anyone else. White Americans are much more recent European migrants to America. Black Americans largely originate from west and central Africa (although their ancestors were mostly unwillingly brought to the Americas).

That's why I always find it funny when white Americans complain about immigrants. I wonder what native Americans have to say about that?

thats the migration map i was referring to

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love when descendants of immigrants say this type of shit. 

Yes Gargoyle is hungry  fat cunt

did he forget that Italians were subject to major racism in the country before?   also, isnt he an immigrant himself (or the descendant of one)?

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.