Jump to content
Dennis Reynolds

Live action Legend of Zelda movie officially announced

Recommended Posts

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (HQ: Kyoto Minami-ku; Representative Director and President: Shuntaro Furukawa, "Nintendo" hereafter) today announced that it will develop a live-action film of The Legend of Zelda.

The film will be produced by Shigeru Miyamoto, Representative Director and Fellow of Nintendo and Avi Arad, Chairman of Arad Productions Inc., who has produced many mega hit films.

The film will be produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions Inc., and directed by Wes Ball. The film will be co-financed by Nintendo and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., with more than 50% financed by Nintendo. The theatrical distribution of the film will be done worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.

By producing visual contents of Nintendo IP by itself, Nintendo is creating new opportunities to have people from around the world to access the world of entertainment which Nintendo has built, through different means apart from its dedicated game consoles.

By getting deeply involved in the movie production with the aim to put smiles on everyone’s faces through entertainment, Nintendo will continue its efforts to produce unique entertainment and deliver it to as many people as possible.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2023/231108.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, Lynk said:

I have little to no faith in this but we'll see what happens bebe1

I’ve never seen any of The Maze Runner movies, but the director’s new Planet of the Apes film looks quite good bebe1 

 

I’m kind of surprised it’s not animated after the Mario movie.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I’m kind of surprised it’s not animated after the Mario movie.

 

Honestly animated would've been so much better for what they're going for. The only Nintendo franchise that I genuinely think could work in live action is Metroid and maybe F-Zero

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lynk said:

Honestly animated would've been so much better for what they're going for. The only Nintendo franchise that I genuinely think could work in live action is Metroid and maybe F-Zero

I'd be down for a live action Metroid movie, could be a pretty cool Aliens-esque film if done right. I wonder if they'd have Samus stay under the helmet through the movie or not like Dredd bebe1 

 

Alex Proyas once directed a pretty cool live action trailer for Metroid Prime if you haven't seen it:

 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'd be down for a live action Metroid movie, could be a pretty cool Aliens-esque film if done right. I wonder if they'd have Samus stay under the helmet through the movie or not like Dredd bebe1 

 

Alex Proyas once directed a pretty cool live action trailer for Metroid Prime if you haven't seen it:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

I don't know about an Aliens-esque Metroid game. Metroid's very action oriented (I only know extensively about the first Alien movie lmao). I'd honestly don't think Metroid will get any form of movie since Nintendo barely acknowledges it's existence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I don't know about an Aliens-esque Metroid game. Metroid's very action oriented (I only know extensively about the first Alien movie lmao). I'd honestly don't think Metroid will get any form of movie since Nintendo barely acknowledges it's existence. 

Aliens is much more of an action movie than the first Alien film is. The original is like a top 10-favorite movie for me but I love Aliens as well, you should check it out bebe1 

 

Yeah, I’d say the only chance would be if Zelda does really well and that motivates Nintendo to try adapting some other properties. I know they’re not exclusively Nintendo but I would love to see a Castlevania movie, and to be utterly pie in the sky I’ve also that that Panzer Dragoon has a rich enough mythology to make a good movie bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lynk have you seen the reports of a young actress from a Netflix series being cast as Zelda? It is most likely Freya Allan given she’s in the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes which is directed by the same guy helming the Zelda movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Lynk have you seen the reports of a young actress from a Netflix series being cast as Zelda? It is most likely Freya Allan given she’s in the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes which is directed by the same guy helming the Zelda movie.

Omg no but after looking at her she could work as Zelda. I did see a fan cast somewhere and it had Morgan Davies as Link which I kinda see it for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lynk said:

Omg no but after looking at her she could work as Zelda. I did see a fan cast somewhere and it had Morgan Davies as Link which I kinda see it for. 

Didn’t know him by name, but looking him up I did see him in Evil Dead Rise last year, his role in that movie obviously doesn’t have much of anything in common with Link but his performance in it was pretty good and he definitely has the right look for it. As far as Freya goes I’ve only seen a few episodes of The Witcher and I don’t even remember if she was in them or not, but I’m actually really looking forward to that Planet of the Apes movie this week, guess I’ll report back on how the director/star bode for The Legend of Zelda but I have high hopes jj2 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lynk so Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes is fortunately really good, and makes me substantially more optimistic about the Legend of Zelda movie oprah15 It has a lot of the things you'd want in a Zelda movie like fluid action and some great panoramic views of landscapes that feel like they could apply to Zelda pretty easily, and the main villain being a mo-capped bonobo who emotes really well bodes quite nicely for Ganon too. They managed to do some very good worldbuilding in this movie, which is already there in the source material for TLOZ, and if Freya Allan is who they've cast I'd be happy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have little to no faith in this but we'll see what happens 

god no why? 

I’ve never seen any of The Maze Runner movies, but the director’s new Planet of the Apes film looks quite good     I’m kind of surprised it’s not animated after the Mario movie.  


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×