Death Stranding is a 2019 action game developed by Kojima Productions and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 4. It is the first game from director Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions after their split from Konami in 2015. A Windows port licensed by Sony was released by 505 Games in July 2020. A director's cut version was released for the PlayStation 5 in September 2021, followed by a release for Windows in March 2022. Versions for iOS, iPadOS and macOS were released in January 2024.

The game is set in the United States following a cataclysmic event which caused destructive creatures to begin roaming the Earth. Players control Sam Porter Bridges (Norman Reedus), a courier tasked with delivering supplies to isolated colonies and reconnecting them via a wireless communications network. Alongside Reedus, the game features actors Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux, Margaret Qualley, Troy Baker, Tommie Earl Jenkins, and Lindsay Wagner, in addition to the likenesses of film directors Guillermo del Toro and Nicolas Winding Refn, as supporting characters.

x

Anyone played this? Currently halfway through and I was ashamed to judge the reviews of this game when it came out as just being a walking simulator, it is that but so much more. Acting, soundtrack, story and the world are amazing

I haven't had the chance to play Death Stranding yet, but I've heard some mixed reviews about it. Have you played it? I'm curious to know what you think. By the way, what about steam customer support? Also, if you have any favorite games you'd recommend, I'd be grateful. I always look for something new and interesting to play.

15 hours ago, Zavelpron said:

I haven't had the chance to play Death Stranding yet, but I've heard some mixed reviews about it. Have you played it? I'm curious to know what you think. By the way, what about steam customer support? Also, if you have any favorite games you'd recommend, I'd be grateful. I always look for something new and interesting to play.

Death Stranding is a niche genre where the majority of the time you'll be walking from point a to point b, especially at the start, delivering goods. I am currently about halfway through the game so I can't comment on the end game but what I have played so far is amazing. The acting, soundtrack and lore are the key standouts for me. It can be challenging as you'll have to manage your inventory before going out for expeditions as you have to juggle multiple requests and plan your route somewhat carefully. It wouldn't be a good and engaging game if it was too easy though. The game opens up and becomes easier to manage these aspects the more you progress the story and unlock technologies. I mostly play on PS so I don't know about the steam business side but I think they have something in place where you can get a refund policy until a specific time of playing the game but it's hard to recommend this game and others without knowing what you like but hopefully the plot I outlined here is enough information for you to decide. Another way is to watch trailer and gameplay videos so you know what you're paying for jj2