Dennis Reynolds

Neve Campbell returning for Scream 7, to be directed by Kevin Williamson (screenwriter of Scream 1, 2, 4)

@Lynk What do you think about this? Me personally, I’m still at where I was months ago - without Melissa, I just can’t work up any enthusiasm about this. I don’t think Neve or Kevin are doing anything wrong here (Neve’s issue was always money, her issue is resolved), but I can’t get past that Melissa was punished and misrepresented for being a good person in an industry that famously overlooks much bad behaviour. I’ll catch this on Paramount+ at some point but won’t be seeing it in theatres bebe1 

My thing is does Sam's story go unfinished? I thought they wrapped up Sydney's story? I don't know feels like they're just bringing Neve back as a way to draw in back fans who left after they fired Sam. I also have a feeling that this new Scream won't be good for some reason thus leading to the death of the franchise.

45 minutes ago, Lynk said:

My thing is does Sam's story go unfinished? I thought they wrapped up Sydney's story? I don't know feels like they're just bringing Neve back as a way to draw in back fans who left after they fired Sam. I also have a feeling that this new Scream won't be good for some reason thus leading to the death of the franchise.

I think that's exactly what they're doing, and it's what I assumed they'd do after Melissa's dismissal, along with likely trying to get Patrick Dempsey (I've always figured Courteney would come back). It was really the only way to make a movie that wouldn't feel completely thrown together.

Scream VI kind of ended on a happy note, it could be the end if we take Sam leaving the Ghostface mask behind as her truly getting over her demons, but ultimately that was never the true intention so rip4 To be honest Sidney's exit always felt like it was intended as more of a pause brought on by the salary disputes more than them trying to end her story, after Scream VI came out Radio Silence commented on wanting Neve back. Scream 5 went pretty far to hammer in that the only cause that would result in Sidney getting involved with Ghostface again was avenging Dewey, so I'm guess the killers specifically target her in this one.

I'm kind of bummed about how indifferent I really am towards this news after the way Melissa was treated by Spyglass rip4 A year ago I would've been insanely excited.

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I think that's exactly what they're doing, and it's what I assumed they'd do after Melissa's dismissal, along with likely trying to get Patrick Dempsey (I've always figured Courteney would come back). It was really the only way to make a movie that wouldn't feel completely thrown together.

Scream VI kind of ended on a happy note, it could be the end if we take Sam leaving the Ghostface mask behind as her truly getting over her demons, but ultimately that was never the true intention so rip4 To be honest Sidney's exit always felt like it was intended as more of a pause brought on by the salary disputes more than them trying to end her story, after Scream VI came out Radio Silence commented on wanting Neve back. Scream 5 went pretty far to hammer in that the only cause that would result in Sidney getting involved with Ghostface again was avenging Dewey, so I'm guess the killers specifically target her in this one.

I'm kind of bummed about how indifferent I really am towards this news after the way Melissa was treated by Spyglass rip4 A year ago I would've been insanely excited.

I'll probably still watch it cause it's Neve but I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm still a bit annoyed at how everything went down with both Neve and Mellissa. Honestly what else is left of Neve's story to tell. I don't know, call me pessimistic but I feel Scream VII isn't gonna be recieved well.

20 hours ago, Lynk said:

I feel like the way the last film ended you could drop things there and it be an ok end to that storyline. But it does beg the question where the next film would go.

I thought they might bring back Sidney for a small roll for this film when it was still intended as the end to the new tribology but now I'm expecting her to be more of a lead.

16 hours ago, Lynk said:

I'll probably still watch it cause it's Neve but I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm still a bit annoyed at how everything went down with both Neve and Mellissa. Honestly what else is left of Neve's story to tell. I don't know, call me pessimistic but I feel Scream VII isn't gonna be recieved well.

I'll definitely be in theaters to see it as well but I don't know what direction they'll take it.

It's also interesting that Kevin Williamson is directing but not helping write the script. I think tonally we could get another darker and more mean spirited film which I'm up for.

I don't want a brand new cast of characters. Bring back Hayden Panettiere and Courtney Cox and if it's Sidney centric Patrick Dempsey as her husband. If we're leaving Tara and Samantha's storyline we don't need Jasmin Savoy Brown or Mason Gooding especially if the film changes location again and also isn't Woodsboro. Heather Matarazzo could also be added as a main cast member. They need to be careful for the film to not feel the reboot fatigue and also wasting a majority of the screentime on new characters.

Ohmy, I am so excited for this to be honest. Neve is truly the face of the Scream franchise and no one can tell me otherwise. Obviously what happened with Melissa is not acceptable, but I will support the movie. Some people trash me for it because of what happened, but we all know that everyone who's saying "I'm not seeing the movie because of this and that" is probably going to see it when it gets released. I am excited bout Kevin directing, but bummed he's not helping with the script. 

On 3/13/2024 at 2:06 AM, Lynk said:

It's obvious that they need the big names from the franchise to bring in the crowd (Neve, Courtney, Patrick, Hayden, maybe even Jasmin or Mason but I don't think they're needed).