Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Thomas

Where I Go: Ke$ha

cn_image_0.size.kesha-headshot.png

It seems fitting for the hard-partying singer—who released a remix of her hit single “Sleazy” this week—to retreat to the wild for rejuvenation. Having just returned from a lion refuge outside Johannesburg, Ke$ha reveals how she nurtures her inner Animal.

To get away from it all, I go to . . .

Well, I love to travel, so the morning after I played Rock in Rio [the music festival in Brazil], I hopped on a plane to the Galapagos to dive with hammerhead sharks. After the sharks, I went to the South Pacific to free-dive with humpback whales. Then, on a whim, I flew to South Africa to rehabilitate lions.

My favorite place to stay is . . .

I stayed at a few amazing places. I slept on a friend’s boat in the South Pacific—we anchored it at a completely deserted island and tanned nude with no worries of paparazzi. In South Africa, I stayed at [the facility of] an incredible volunteering program called Ukutula Lion Park & Lodge, where I slept in a shared dorm some nights and in a tent on others.

To travel there, I took . . .

a plane, a boat, a bus, and walked. In Africa, the plans changed a lot, so there was a lot of walking and hitchhiking in the back of pickup trucks.

My ideal travel companion is . . . my best friend in the entire world, Savannah. You may have seen her dressed as a giant penis at my live shows and/or in the “Take It Off” music video.

My favorite African cuisine to indulge in is . . .

We ate whatever we could find. There were things that to this day remain a mystery . . .

To stay in shape, my on-the-go fitness regime is . . .

a lot of scuba diving and hiking.

My suitcase must absolutely contain . . .

Converses, because they work well in water and on land. Well, and skydiving. . . so in the air too.

When it comes to luggage . . .

Backpack. That’s it.

My favorite best-kept secret about Africa is . . .

the animals. Helping to rehabilitate an orphaned lion cub was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Being with animals re-energizes me, and this trip just reminded me how important it is for me to do everything in my power to help protect them.

Read More

Guest supern☯va

I strongly suggest you guys read the whole interview. Awesome and inspiring read.

Here's a pic of the orphaned lion cub she helped to rehabilitate. You know, the one the research people named after her: http://twitter.com/#!/keshasuxx/status/131864229589434368/photo/1

I'd love to go on a similar trip one day. I can't imagine a more worthwhile or fulfilling experience. And thank God for people like Kesha! She's the best.

I strongly suggest you guys read the whole interview. Awesome and inspiring read.

Here's a pic of the orphaned lion cub she helped to rehabilitate. You know, the one the research people named after her: http://twitter.com/#!/keshasuxx/status/131864229589434368/photo/1

I'd love to go on a similar trip one day. I can't imagine a more worthwhile or fulfilling experience. And thank God for people like Kesha! She's the best.

ikr, love the interview! And that pic is sooo cute oprah2

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.