Michael.

The Rare Lounge

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh, they were a pretty solid group bebe1 Surprised you've never heard that, Ace of Base did a cover too.

I think I've heard of the group, just not the song bebe1 

5 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I am safe from lacerations then, because I am usually not extreme with scores as in dealing 0s, 1s and 2s. bebe1

A kind legend bebe1

I did try to be harsher though. My lowest score was gonna be a 5, but then I realized my rates might not make too much of an impact, so I did dish out a 2 and a 3 bebe1 

Just now, Snow said:

A kind legend bebe1

I did try to be harsher though. My lowest score was gonna be a 5, but then I realized my rates might not make too much of an impact, so I did dish out a 2 and a 3 bebe1 

I usually try to be both objective and subjective as much as I can considering how much I am familiar with an artist’s music/sound. So, I am always avoiding 0s and 11s and try to stay in range from 3/4 to 9 ( 10 here and there ) and that usually does reflect my enjoyment of the song(s) and I don’t end up overhyping or underestimating them. Even if I don’t care for the song, it doesn’t really mean it is necessary 1, because 3 is also low and can actually be used instead to reflect that. bebe1

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Venus, Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye and I Heard a Rumour are all pretty good if you have any interest bebe1 

Not to sound close minded but I usually don't like older songs, I only got into pop music after 2008 so I usually don't like older songs bebe1 

But I just listened to Venus, it's pretty good! I like it tbh bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Selena’s section is about to reach 1 000 posts, it had about 300 posts at the beginning of the month bebe1 

Omg we've really grown bebe1 

I wonder how much we've done so far this week though, cause it's been slower than the first 2 bebe1 

3 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I usually try to be both objective and subjective as much as I can considering how much I am familiar with an artist’s music/sound. So, I am always avoiding 0s and 11s and try to stay in range from 3/4 to 9 ( 10 here and there ) and that usually does reflect my enjoyment of the song(s) and I don’t end up overhyping or underestimating them. Even if I don’t care for the song, it doesn’t really mean it is necessary 1, because 3 is also low and can actually be used instead to reflect that. bebe1

I can respect that! I think I mostly rate out of my personal taste, I do avoid 0s though cause I don't think there's many songs that really deserves 0 bebe1 
But I do give out a 11 every time to my top favorites or songs that I like that aren't very popular among the fans, I give that a 11 to give them a bit of an edge and hopefully rank a little bit higher, although it's probably not that much of a change bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

I can respect that! I think I mostly rate out of my personal taste, I do avoid 0s though cause I don't think there's many songs that really deserves 0 bebe1 
But I do give out a 11 every time to my top favorites or songs that I like that aren't very popular among the fans, I give that a 11 to give them a bit of an edge and hopefully rank a little bit higher, although it's probably not that much of a change bebe1 

I agree about 0 especially, because 0 is for literal abomination and there aren’t really many songs that represent that, but I do understand stance on 11 as well and it actually does turn out that songs I would have given 11 either had already got them or it turned out it hadn’t mad much of a difference eventually. bebe1

But the good thing is that 11 is close enough to 10, so nothing is lost. jj2

10 minutes ago, Snow said:

Omg we've really grown bebe1 

I wonder how much we've done so far this week though, cause it's been slower than the first 2 bebe1 

I'm pretty sure we've done more than 100 posts already which is pretty good, and with the megarate these numbers will skyrocket bebe1 

1 minute ago, Michael. said:

I'm pretty sure we've done more than 100 posts already which is pretty good, and with the megarate these numbers will skyrocket bebe1 

Hopefully yes! Because next week we'll have to rely on Selena's dumb cooking show probably bebe1 

3 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I agree about 0 especially, because 0 is for literal abomination and there aren’t really many songs that represent that, but I do understand stance on 11 as well and it actually does turn out that songs I would have given 11 either had already got them or it turned out it hadn’t mad much of a difference eventually. bebe1

But the good thing is that 11 is close enough to 10, so nothing is lost. jj2

Yeah tbh, 11 & 10 is literally just a one point difference and I've held megarates before.. they do give songs a tiny edge but they don't change THAT much bebe1 
But yeah 0 is extremely low and I would say even undeserved for songs, even It's Nice To Have A Friend deserved like a 3 at least bebe1 
I don't think I've given many songs a 1, except those I REALLY hate like.. some songs from Sweetener bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Hopefully yes! Because next week we'll have to rely on Selena's dumb cooking show probably bebe1 

We should do listening parties, that could really boost our numbers bebe1 

I might host one next week bebe1 

Just now, Michael. said:

We should do listening parties, that could really boost our numbers bebe1 

I might host one next week bebe1 

Oh we could yes! I mean we have like literally 6 albums to go through if we really wanted to bebe1 
If you do host it I will be here for it! bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

im not sure i'll be able to make it in time for the reveal show jj3  but go ahead anyways! i'll have a meltdown later once Feel Me doesnt win jay1 

At least no one is going to be mad about Feel Me being praised considering it kind of deserves high position. jj2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Luca @Snow @Lord Stoneheart @Ariana @TMCSC @V For Vendetta @Dennis Reynolds @Princess Aurora @Kristina @Ghostface   Hello dear participants of Selena's Rare megarate   After collecting

Not gonna lie though, I'm still a bit upset that she threw away the Bad Liar + Fetish sound The album would've been amazing if she didn't scrap it I think  

As in "Fun won't be missing the Top 5"? Cause I'm hoping it does 

Posted Images

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.