Michael.

The Rare Lounge

5 hours ago, Snow said:

Well Ms. @Ghostface is gonna be hosting Ariana's so that'll happen! brit16

I'll see about Taylor. Her discography is.. massive dead1 

We don't have all needed Taylor songs from before, at least, reputation. jj5

I mean, we are getting another 20+ new songs through re-releases ( if not more ) and maybe those should be let compete as well. Besides, if she keeps releasing them this year, her section should be floating. jj2

Gaga's and Ariana's are not necessarily huge, but a bit different from the rest of the game threads opened at the moment. bey7

On 4/15/2021 at 6:52 AM, Ghostface said:

We don't have all needed Taylor songs from before, at least, reputation. jj5

I mean, we are getting another 20+ new songs through re-releases ( if not more ) and maybe those should be let compete as well. Besides, if she keeps releasing them this year, her section should be floating. jj2

Gaga's and Ariana's are not necessarily huge, but a bit different from the rest of the game threads opened at the moment. bey7

Wait I didn't see this reply. jj2 What do you mean we don't have all needed Taylor before rep though?

And yes she'll probably release every few months so I think she'll be pretty safe overall. Ariana & Gaga came last in one of the last monthly post counts, and Gaga went into probation, so they need more help. jj2

50 minutes ago, Snow said:

Wait I didn't see this reply. jj2 What do you mean we don't have all needed Taylor before rep though?

And yes she'll probably release every few months so I think she'll be pretty safe overall. Ariana & Gaga came last in one of the last monthly post counts, and Gaga went into probation, so they need more help. jj2

No problem, Snowball. oprah7

What I mean regarding Taylor is that we now know we don't have her whole discography for a similar kind of game since we are getting new tracks with each new re-release. It would be different having competition without, for example, That's When now that we know about the song and it may have greater chance of advancing in comparison to some of the other songs. So, I think it is best to wait for all of the "new" songs to be released and then see what kind of game it can be. jj2

20 hours ago, Ghostface said:

No problem, Snowball. oprah7

What I mean regarding Taylor is that we now know we don't have her whole discography for a similar kind of game since we are getting new tracks with each new re-release. It would be different having competition without, for example, That's When now that we know about the song and it may have greater chance of advancing in comparison to some of the other songs. So, I think it is best to wait for all of the "new" songs to be released and then see what kind of game it can be. jj2

Ah yes, I agree. Newer songs will probably have higher chance to go through to the next round because of the bias. jj2
Although, I'm not too sure if this forum is gonna survive through all the re-recordings. I feel like it could potentially close before then. Plus, even after she's done with the re-recordings, she's gonna go into her next album era later on that year (2022) jj2

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Ah yes, I agree. Newer songs will probably have higher chance to go through to the next round because of the bias. jj2
Although, I'm not too sure if this forum is gonna survive through all the re-recordings. I feel like it could potentially close before then. Plus, even after she's done with the re-recordings, she's gonna go into her next album era later on that year (2022) jj2

I am not sure Bye Bye Baby, for example, would beat, let's say, Mr. Perfectly Fine or You're Not Sorry or 22, but maybe? jj2

Isn't it expected for all of the re-recordings, except reputation, to drop during 2021 though? I don't see forum falling off completely in 8 months? ohno1

Well, we won't be waiting for her next official studio album, because then we wouldn't be getting game started at all, but having complete collection of all 9 albums would be perfection. Besides, that wouldn't amount to more than 200 songs when all songs are considered and it would take up to 4 months of competition for members to determine the best one no matter the format. jj2

58 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I am not sure Bye Bye Baby, for example, would beat, let's say, Mr. Perfectly Fine or You're Not Sorry or 22, but maybe? jj2

Isn't it expected for all of the re-recordings, except reputation, to drop during 2021 though? I don't see forum falling off completely in 8 months? ohno1

Well, we won't be waiting for her next official studio album, because then we wouldn't be getting game started at all, but having complete collection of all 9 albums would be perfection. Besides, that wouldn't amount to more than 200 songs when all songs are considered and it would take up to 4 months of competition for members to determine the best one no matter the format. jj2

Well, maybe not that. But Mr. Perfectly Fine would very easily whoop over half of her discography as it is right now. jj2
I don't know about all of the re-recordings dropping this year anymore.. her pace is too slow currently. We may get the last one very early into 2022 jj2 Either way, this forum is already not doing well. I hate to say that cause this is the internet home of so many people, but we've declined very badly in the last few months. Pop culture being as dry as it is has certainly not helped. We will need some major turnaround if we want to survive 2021. gaga1 

I am not exaggerating when I say that, as far as non-Admins go, you are the core pillar of this community thanks to your game threads. I have seen multiple people saying that your games are literally the only reason they even log on FOTP anymore. It's the only one unique thing this forum is offering right now. But when your threads go, so will they. gaga1 

@Ghostface also, any tip on hosting your "___ Got Talent" type games? I just saw your final Rihanna post and it seems like you run a very tight, organized ship. Anything you do specially? Maybe I can follow for Dua when I host hers in a few days. jj2 

43 minutes ago, Snow said:

Well, maybe not that. But Mr. Perfectly Fine would very easily whoop over half of her discography as it is right now. jj2
I don't know about all of the re-recordings dropping this year anymore.. her pace is too slow currently. We may get the last one very early into 2022 jj2 Either way, this forum is already not doing well. I hate to say that cause this is the internet home of so many people, but we've declined very badly in the last few months. Pop culture being as dry as it is has certainly not helped. We will need some major turnaround if we want to survive 2021. gaga1 

I am not exaggerating when I say that, as far as non-Admins go, you are the core pillar of this community thanks to your game threads. I have seen multiple people saying that your games are literally the only reason they even log on FOTP anymore. It's the only one unique thing this forum is offering right now. But when your threads go, so will they. gaga1 

That's When and We Were Happy even more so. Oh and You All Over Me of course. jj2

Yeah, I also don't think they are coming out every 2 months, but maybe every 3 months? ny5

Well, as far as the forum goes, I have more FOTP Faves and other Games stacked, I am fleshing out ideas and while I do understand it got pretty slow and half-absent, we can do as much as we can while we are here. Active members are willing to participate and are responsive, so that's always good. I also feel like this forum is somehow small, but close community of people and while fresh faces are always nice add-on, it is important that things work properly the way they are. I hope we will actually endure this year. I wanted to do Taylor game, but her re-recordings put a pause on that, because we would be missing of over 30 "new" songs as it is and that can actually make a change during the game.

I am really glad people are enjoying those threads, even though they aren't elaborate competitions ( I get that they are more practical and easier to navigate being they way they are ), but I am glad they can pop up. oprah7

42 minutes ago, Snow said:

@Ghostface also, any tip on hosting your "___ Got Talent" type games? I just saw your final Rihanna post and it seems like you run a very tight, organized ship. Anything you do specially? Maybe I can follow for Dua when I host hers in a few days. jj2 

I usually start with numbers game - meaning: I check number of songs/singles/albums certain artist has in contention and start from there. I usually try to bring in mechanics of some type of real-life competition or game into it ( Got Talent being prime example ), but I don't follow that tactic narrowly.

Since you are creating Dua game thread, I suggest you include whole her discography since she has 2 albums and few tracks here and there. She has up to ~50 songs, so I think you should do this: choosing the best album track separately and choosing the best single separately and then facing them against each other in the final ( by single, I also mean promotional singles, limited region singles and such ).

Since there are less singles than album tracks ( obviously ), singles should compete every 2 or 3 days between album tracks duels.

This is in short, firstly fleshed out for Katy, then for Gaga and then left behind, because I think Katy and Gaga could benefit from other kind of format and I think it actually suits Dua well. Please feel free to get in contact for more fleshing out the whole thing. bey7

1 hour ago, Ghostface said:

That's When and We Were Happy even more so. Oh and You All Over Me of course. jj2

Yeah, I also don't think they are coming out every 2 months, but maybe every 3 months? ny5

Well, as far as the forum goes, I have more FOTP Faves and other Games stacked, I am fleshing out ideas and while I do understand it got pretty slow and half-absent, we can do as much as we can while we are here. Active members are willing to participate and are responsive, so that's always good. I also feel like this forum is somehow small, but close community of people and while fresh faces are always nice add-on, it is important that things work properly the way they are. I hope we will actually endure this year. I wanted to do Taylor game, but her re-recordings put a pause on that, because we would be missing of over 30 "new" songs as it is and that can actually make a change during the game.

I am really glad people are enjoying those threads, even though they aren't elaborate competitions ( I get that they are more practical and easier to navigate being they way they are ), but I am glad they can pop up. oprah7

That's When, maybe. The others.. well! bey7 And yes 3 months is what I'm thinking as well. jj2 

And yes I agree! I think the forum could use a bit more games & events though, those seems to always lead to a user peak of some sort for some time. The Member Awards for example were excellent, especially considering over 45+ unique members were nominated. Prevented us from having a super sharp drop after the Election season. true1 

I do hope that we'll survive this year too, but we're on a slippery slope downwards so I'm not too confident on it. gaga1 I do wonder what kind of other section games we can come up with though. The current "Got Talent" format is fun and all, don't get me wrong, but they're kinda a "one time done deal" kinda game. Like you can't really do a re-match for Rihanna, so you'd need to come up with something else. It's very much buying time. gaga1 

1 hour ago, Ghostface said:

I usually start with numbers game - meaning: I check number of songs/singles/albums certain artist has in contention and start from there. I usually try to bring in mechanics of some type of real-life competition or game into it ( Got Talent being prime example ), but I don't follow that tactic narrowly.

Since you are creating Dua game thread, I suggest you include whole her discography since she has 2 albums and few tracks here and there. She has up to ~50 songs, so I think you should do this: choosing the best album track separately and choosing the best single separately and then facing them against each other in the final ( by single, I also mean promotional singles, limited region singles and such ).

Since there are less singles than album tracks ( obviously ), singles should compete every 2 or 3 days between album tracks duels.

This is in short, firstly fleshed out for Katy, then for Gaga and then left behind, because I think Katy and Gaga could benefit from other kind of format and I think it actually suits Dua well. Please feel free to get in contact for more fleshing out the whole thing. bey7

Oh yes! I am including all of Dua's songs, she totals up to 54, ignoring most of Club Future Nostalgia. So far I've planned out by randomizing the entire list and dividing them into groups for 4's for matchup. I do like your idea though, but I'm not super sure about it. Katy & Gaga both have notably strong singles, but Dua's feel more even with the album track, usually. bey7
I will definitely think more about this though! I might also PM you. bey7

12 minutes ago, Snow said:

That's When, maybe. The others.. well! bey7 And yes 3 months is what I'm thinking as well. jj2 

And yes I agree! I think the forum could use a bit more games & events though, those seems to always lead to a user peak of some sort for some time. The Member Awards for example were excellent, especially considering over 45+ unique members were nominated. Prevented us from having a super sharp drop after the Election season. true1 

I do hope that we'll survive this year too, but we're on a slippery slope downwards so I'm not too confident on it. gaga1 I do wonder what kind of other section games we can come up with though. The current "Got Talent" format is fun and all, don't get me wrong, but they're kinda a "one time done deal" kinda game. Like you can't really do a re-match for Rihanna, so you'd need to come up with something else. It's very much buying time. gaga1 

We will stop at That's When then. ny5

Truth to be told, I enjoy preparing and hosting Games as in games more rather than FOTP Faves' games, because Faves's sections are more limiting ideas-wise and you can't really implement many other game formats ( Lana's original one was Associations game, but it would be hard to follow through with it since I am not sure how active it can get ), because I am aware people have other things to do, so the games need to be practical and fast-responding. Ariana's Stand Last was inspiration to me the most. gaga1

Like you said, these games are still one-time thing - they can last for months, but not infinitely, so we kind of get back to drawing board once the end hits. I guess I am content with those game threads actually making some waves in the first place. gaga1

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

Oh yes! I am including all of Dua's songs, she totals up to 54, ignoring most of Club Future Nostalgia. So far I've planned out by randomizing the entire list and dividing them into groups for 4's for matchup. I do like your idea though, but I'm not super sure about it. Katy & Gaga both have notably strong singles, but Dua's feel more even with the album track, usually. bey7
I will definitely think more about this though! I might also PM you. bey7

Yeah sure, it was really an idea and I actually understand that Bad Romance may not be the same as Levitating to some ( you probably have a point ), so please feel free to arrange it any way you may think it would be the best option and I am open for reading about ideas. bey7

11 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

We will stop at That's When then. ny5

Truth to be told, I enjoy preparing and hosting Games as in games more rather than FOTP Faves' games, because Faves's sections are more limiting ideas-wise and you can't really implement many other game formats ( Lana's original one was Associations game, but it would be hard to follow through with it since I am not sure how active it can get ), because I am aware people have other things to do, so the games need to be practical and fast-responding. Ariana's Stand Last was inspiration to me the most. gaga1

Like you said, these games are still one-time thing - they can last for months, but not infinitely, so we kind of get back to drawing board once the end hits. I guess I am content with those game threads actually making some waves in the first place. gaga1

Yeah I can definitely understand that. And yet at the same time people actually enjoy the Fave section games more, because it helps the residents save said sections. You've practically single-handedly saved a bunch of sections for months now, and I don't think you realize how grateful the residents are. Yesterday I actually saw someone semi-complaining about you not hosting a game for Dua's section, to which I replied that I had one planned under your permission. So yeah, they are most definitely in demand. gaga1

And yes for the games to actually work, they cannot require a lot of effort. FOTPers are lazy, they want something quick they can do under 30 seconds (and that's being VERY generous) gaga1 I'm kinda a part of that too, I have to admit I never participated in Last Stand because the OP was so damn long and I just couldn't be bothered to read it. gaga1 I did notice the Big Brother format is VERY popular on this forum though, people love it when they can give minimal effort but still be involved one way or the other. gaga1 I actually had BB: Revival planned out for Selena, as well as a general Big Brother season in collab with another member, but never actually got around to hosting it. gaga1

And yeah, coming up with forum game ideas is NOT easy and even more so with the limitations of the section games. But they're kinda in most demand now. gaga1 Although, people LOVED the seasons of Big Brother hosted by Ms. Divine.. and as far as that goes, I think that's the only general forum event/game that has remained consistently popular here. Not even Slasher was that popular. gaga1

Perhaps I should join the Events Team, just for the kii. I think we could come up with some magic together, probably. creep1 

20 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Yeah sure, it was really an idea and I actually understand that Bad Romance may not be the same as Levitating to some ( you probably have a point ), so please feel free to arrange it any way you may think it would be the best option and I am open for reading about ideas. bey7

Upon thinking further about it, Dua has 3 ultimate fan favorites: Don't Start Now, New Rules and Levitating. Also Electricity if we wanna stretch it a bit. Every other single other than that can very easily lose to album tracks. So yeah I don't think I'll do Singles vs. Tracks because of two fears: 1) a subpar, underwhelming finale matchup 2) boring track vs. track rounds. bey7

HOWEVER I do want to make it different from your game even just a little bit, but still keeping it relatively vanila. But that's proven to be harder than I thought. bey7

42 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah I can definitely understand that. And yet at the same time people actually enjoy the Fave section games more, because it helps the residents save said sections. You've practically single-handedly saved a bunch of sections for months now, and I don't think you realize how grateful the residents are. Yesterday I actually saw someone semi-complaining about you not hosting a game for Dua's section, to which I replied that I had one planned under your permission. So yeah, they are most definitely in demand. gaga1

And yes for the games to actually work, they cannot require a lot of effort. FOTPers are lazy, they want something quick they can do under 30 seconds (and that's being VERY generous) gaga1 I'm kinda a part of that too, I have to admit I never participated in Last Stand because the OP was so damn long and I just couldn't be bothered to read it. gaga1 I did notice the Big Brother format is VERY popular on this forum though, people love it when they can give minimal effort but still be involved one way or the other. gaga1 I actually had BB: Revival planned out for Selena, as well as a general Big Brother season in collab with another member, but never actually got around to hosting it. gaga1

And yeah, coming up with forum game ideas is NOT easy and even more so with the limitations of the section games. But they're kinda in most demand now. gaga1 Although, people LOVED the seasons of Big Brother hosted by Ms. Divine.. and as far as that goes, I think that's the only general forum event/game that has remained consistently popular here. Not even Slasher was that popular. gaga1

Perhaps I should join the Events Team, just for the kii. I think we could come up with some magic together, probably. creep1 

I enjoy the Faves' Games too, it's definitely positive, but sometimes I feel like we are dragging even though that must be because of other stuff I am doing throughout day, so I am kind of exhausted when I hit the PC. gaga1

I am really grateful people feel that way and I can actually tell since they are definitely willing to join and participate, so win-win. I actually had Dua in mind since I was very interested in her concept for Future Nostalgia and I wanted to do some kind of club-like game thread ( musical chairs-tinged game ), but ideas are sometimes overwhelming and my organization skills, while sharp enough, not the sharpest ever, so I get to completely different section and do another game instead. gaga1

I don't blame you for Stand Last, and I actually understand why people wouldn't be fond of literal Rule books I post, but I can just open the thread and begin. gaga1

Big Brother is definitely the longest-running format, but since Scattergories and now with Cards Aagainst Humanity, I want to explore other new formats as well. Besides, I hesitate of continuing games Divine and others created and hosted since they have their rightful print and it's their project after all. As of these other games, they don't need to stick, but change of pace and fresh games are always welcome and fun, especially when you are hosting and people are playing them. gaga1

Oh please, you are more than welcome whenever reporter job gets the best of you. You are pretty agile and resourceful and you have rigid enough of a stance in your threads for members to follow, which is all perfect. Events Team is ideal for my schedule since it is not as demanding. I was complete fail at Promo Team. Disaster and a half and I still feel bed for my colleagues there at the time. gaga1

37 minutes ago, Snow said:

Upon thinking further about it, Dua has 3 ultimate fan favorites: Don't Start Now, New Rules and Levitating. Also Electricity if we wanna stretch it a bit. Every other single other than that can very easily lose to album tracks. So yeah I don't think I'll do Singles vs. Tracks because of two fears: 1) a subpar, underwhelming finale matchup 2) boring track vs. track rounds. bey7

HOWEVER I do want to make it different from your game even just a little bit, but still keeping it relatively vanila. But that's proven to be harder than I thought. bey7

And no worries, you can keep it both the same or completely different than the other games - you can always ask about any ideas, because I am always brainstorming things. bey7

10 hours ago, Ghostface said:

I enjoy the Faves' Games too, it's definitely positive, but sometimes I feel like we are dragging even though that must be because of other stuff I am doing throughout day, so I am kind of exhausted when I hit the PC. gaga1

I am really grateful people feel that way and I can actually tell since they are definitely willing to join and participate, so win-win. I actually had Dua in mind since I was very interested in her concept for Future Nostalgia and I wanted to do some kind of club-like game thread ( musical chairs-tinged game ), but ideas are sometimes overwhelming and my organization skills, while sharp enough, not the sharpest ever, so I get to completely different section and do another game instead. gaga1

I don't blame you for Stand Last, and I actually understand why people wouldn't be fond of literal Rule books I post, but I can just open the thread and begin. gaga1

Big Brother is definitely the longest-running format, but since Scattergories and now with Cards Aagainst Humanity, I want to explore other new formats as well. Besides, I hesitate of continuing games Divine and others created and hosted since they have their rightful print and it's their project after all. As of these other games, they don't need to stick, but change of pace and fresh games are always welcome and fun, especially when you are hosting and people are playing them. gaga1

Oh please, you are more than welcome whenever reporter job gets the best of you. You are pretty agile and resourceful and you have rigid enough of a stance in your threads for members to follow, which is all perfect. Events Team is ideal for my schedule since it is not as demanding. I was complete fail at Promo Team. Disaster and a half and I still feel bed for my colleagues there at the time. gaga1

And no worries, you can keep it both the same or completely different than the other games - you can always ask about any ideas, because I am always brainstorming things. bey7

Yeah it's very understandable. I've pointed out before that you spend upwards 45 minutes daily just on them, and honestly that's some dedication but that kind of routine also would burn anyone out. Ever since you've hosted them I've seen you much less outside of those threads and I think someone mentioned that they missed when you "behaved like a normal member" which is a kii but gaga1

Yeah that is also why I felt the need to give Dua a more unique version of the game, because of the potential the theme has.. but with the limitations and FOTPers being lazy, it's hard to come up anything. People have proven repeatedly they didn't want anything too complicated or anything that involves too much thinking. gaga1

And yeah I can understand that. Though, Divine isn't around anymore and she's not like that anyways -- I don't think she'd make a fuss about it if you were to continue the Big Brother series. But you will indeed have some very big shoes to fill. Besides, Big Brother isn't her own original concept, it's based off a popular TV show of the same name. gaga1 I honestly want games that can last multiple seasons.. like yes our one-off games are great, but the multi-season games are always more popular. I know for a fact that some people STILL want Slasher, for example. gaga1

And on the Events Team, well creep1  check your inbox ghost bestie.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Luca @Snow @Lord Stoneheart @Ariana @TMCSC @V For Vendetta @Dennis Reynolds @Princess Aurora @Kristina @Ghostface   Hello dear participants of Selena's Rare megarate   After collecting

Not gonna lie though, I'm still a bit upset that she threw away the Bad Liar + Fetish sound The album would've been amazing if she didn't scrap it I think  

As in "Fun won't be missing the Top 5"? Cause I'm hoping it does 

Posted Images

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.