Divine

No Tears Lounge

The album is very Yours Truly like but with a urban twist to it. 

8 minutes ago, GLORY said:

Ugh :( I'm so disappointed by get well soon, I feel like that song could have been absolutely AMAZING with another producer but pharrell fucked it as expected 

Max Martin would've made this track SO much better but I didn't mind Pharrell's production cause it gives me YT vibes.

2 minutes ago, R.E.M said:

Max Martin would've made this track SO much better but I didn't mind Pharrell's production cause it gives me YT vibes.

That's what I mean it's like okay with Pharrell's production but it could have been something so special and it just isn't to me :( 

I feel like Ari hyped this album too much cause she made it seem like it was better than DW which kinda raised our expectations. She said GIAW was better than Into You but we all know Into you > GIAW. Blazed, Sweetener, Borderline, TLIC, and Successful are all too similar to eachother. R.E.M was a bit too long for my liking, and Get Well Soon's Production does not pair well with the lyrics at all. Also there should've been more Upbeat songs cause it was kinda boring with most songs being mid tempo. I still love this album but it doesn't compare to DW or maybe even ME.  Also I feel that SGHO should've been on Sweetener as it fits the hip hop, trap vibe of this album and could've helped balance out the Mid tempo songs to the upbeat songs.

1 minute ago, R.E.M said:

I feel like Ari hyped this album too much cause she made it seem like it was better than DW which kinda raised our expectations. She said GIAW was better than Into You but we all know Into you > GIAW. Blazed, Sweetener, Borderline, TLIC, and Successful are all too similar to eachother. R.E.M was a bit too long for my liking, and Get Well Soon's Production does not pair well with the lyrics at all. Also there should've been more Upbeat songs cause it was kinda boring with most songs being mid tempo. I still love this album but it doesn't compare to DW or maybe even ME.  Also I feel that SGHO should've been on Sweetener as it fits the hip hop, trap vibe of this album and could've helped balance out the Mid tempo songs to the upbeat songs.

Only on my second listen but this doesnt come close to DW for me. I need more tracks in the line of Breathin. Some of this is just very samey. Also I was looking for a straight ballad from her, showcase that voice a bit. 

1 minute ago, visionofrain said:

Only on my second listen but this doesnt come close to DW for me. I need more tracks in the line of Breathin. Some of this is just very samey. Also I was looking for a straight ballad from her, showcase that voice a bit. 

That ballad should've been Get Well Soon. Breathin is very DW and pairs well with Into You. Breathin is like the chill version of Into You.

3 minutes ago, R.E.M said:

That ballad should've been Get Well Soon. Breathin is very DW and pairs well with Into You. Breathin is like the chill version of Into You.

Yup, i think she needed some more uptempos.

Get well soon fell flat for me, those fingersnaps.. 

Just now, GLORY said:

I'm actually really pissed off tbh I hope this grows on me because I was soooooooo fucking excited for this album so maybe my expectations were just too high but this just isn't it for me

Give it a few more spins, and with good headphones. Sometimes with an album like this you have to be in a certain mood, one day you will be and it may click with you ! 

Im surprised no one said that most of these songs are fillers. Ha you all said Bad Decisions was a filler, But it seemed like pop masterpiece compared to half of this album. I'd even probably favour IDC over a couple of the songs on this album.

3 minutes ago, R.E.M said:

Im surprised no one said that most of these songs are fillers. Ha you all said Bad Decisions was a filler, But it seemed like pop masterpiece compared to half of this album. I'd even probably favour IDC over a couple of the songs on this album.

Goodnight and go is def filler. That chorus.. not the tea

This album should've been named Pharrell. most of the songs are too much like pharrell and don't have that Ariana magic too it. Breathin, Everytime, Goodnight n Go, Better Off, GIAW, and NTLTC sound like they belong on another album of their own. 300 songs and these the ones that are put out!? Ok then...

1 minute ago, R.E.M said:

This album should've been named Pharrell. most of the songs are too much like pharrell and don't have that Ariana magic too it. Breathin, Everytime, Goodnight n Go, Better Off, GIAW, and NTLTC sound like they belong on another album of their own. 300 songs and these the ones that are put out!? Ok then...

His songs always sound the same. Listen to I was gonna Cancel by Kylie, Blazed is an updated version of that. 

He also did a song with Gloria Estefan, very similar to these songs with Ari.