PLEASE! cry1 cry1 cry1

Ohmygosh! Pianos!

Ohmygosh! Violins!

My two favorite instruments!

Unknown producers!

She wrote most of the lyrics!

In time for Christmas!

cry1

Wel I'm actually happy she not working with Sandy Vee. :cheer: I want something dramatic, weird and experimental from her. +excited+ Something like the evolution of Candy Perfume Girl. And I want big celestial techno ballads cry1

Couldn't say better.

OHMYGOSH! YASSS!

Candy Perfume Girl! cry1 cry1 cry1

Celestial techno ballads!

Just the thought! cry1

Here are examples of the acts rumored to be inspiration points on the new album:

baby1

If handled right, this album could be something really spectacular.

This could be a masterpiece on par with American Life or Ray of Light! Like, these examples seriously speak to me and sound beautiful (I've yet to listen to Jessica 6, however)! If Madonna pulls this off, it could seriously be perfection! +eek+

Mmm it would be nice, i love Hurts, but I think Diagram Of The Heart are quite similar so it makes no difference to me :)

I wish they could confirm these rumours. They told us they were true months ago but now it's like they're avoiding us.

They are avoiding us because they are true. +sip+

I want some R&B/Hip-Hopish stuff.

Some Miles Away.

Some Die Another Day.

That Beth Ditto song I could TOTALLY see Madge singing cry1 cry1

I hope she does some collabos but like, totally left-field unexpected ones. If you're go with a rapper, don't get Lil Wayne, get Ice Cube or Da Brat or something.

MTV: Madonna is taking our advice for new album

A few weeks ago, Madonna’s manager Guy Oseary took to Twitter to announce that the Queen of Pop was about to hit the studio to begin work on her twelfth studio album – her first since 2008’s Hard Candy. At the time, we had a few suggestions for Madge. We recommended she A.) stay away from “hot” producers like RedOne or Dr. Luke, B.) make some real dance music, and C.) use the ups and downs of the last few years to write about something substantial.

And guess what? She’s taking our advice!

Oseary tweeted that Her Madgesty began work on the untitled album on the Fourth of July. Now the first producer has been named and he’s someone to get excited about: Martin Solveig. Solveig is a French electronic music DJ and producer best known for work with Canadian electropop group Dragonette and the song “Hello,” which became a hit in the U.S. after being featured in commercials for Trident.

Remember what happened the last time Madonna worked with a lesser-known French DJ? Music happened.

"David Guetta, Joachim Garaud, Martin Solveig, Bob Sinclair – these dudes are all part of the French guard of house music coming onto the scene in the early 2000s," MTV News' resident dance music expert Akshay Bhansali tells us. "He's [solveig] always been well respected, but this year, singles-wise, he's probably made more commercially on music than Guetta."

Solveig's good rep and ear for commercially viable dance music will be important, because this is an especially important album for Madonna. As silly as it may sound, it’s her first post-Gaga record and because of that, it will be viewed and critiqued through that lens. Earlier this year, Gaga was slapped on the wrist by music critics who felt her smash “Born This Way” sounded a little too close for comfort to Madonna’s 1989 hit “Express Yourself.” Gaga’s aesthetic is also often compared to Madonna’s.

So anyone who thinks Madonna won’t experience this same scrutiny in reverse as soon as she produces something new is naïve. Critics’ first question won’t be, “What does it sound like?” Instead they’ll ask, “Does it sound like Gaga?” And the answer needs to be no (or at least “not really”).

That’s why we recommended she avoid in-demand producers. If a producer is famous enough for the mainstream public to have some idea of who they are, then people will be able to spot their sound immediately – think RedOne’s bombastic beats for Gaga or the slick thump Dr. Luke puts together for Britney Spears and Katy Perry. Madonna at her best is forward-thinking and ahead of the musical curve; she doesn’t want to sound derivative (like she did working with “hot” producers Pharrell Williams, Nate Hills and Timbaland on Hard Candy).

She seems to know it too. Digital Spy reports Madonna declined her record company’s request to record with RedOne. “She's the writer of almost all of the new lyrics. Producer Joe Henry is involved in two songs so far. Most of the other producers are not so famous,” DS writes, citing Madonna fansite Queen Madonna.

(Having worked with people like Elvis Costello, Aimee Man and Loudon Wainwright III, Henry is better known for bluesy rock and jazz than he is pop. But he has a unique relationship with Madge – he is her brother-in-law – and co-wrote one of her best songs, 2000’s “Don’t Tell Me.”)

"He's a very capable producer, and maybe the fact that he’s an electronic dance music producer that has made two huge songs that don't sound too clubby is something that drew Madonna," Bhansali says of Solveig. "‘Hello’ doesn't feel like your average fist pump song. It feels more cultured than that – and perhaps that's what she's after."

Madonna was the primary songwriter on Music, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dance Floor, and on all three she worked closely with little known European DJs/producers, Mirwais Ahmadzai, William Orbit and Stuart Price, respectively. It’s great that she seems to be reverting back to a formula that has worked well for her in the past. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/07/06/madonna-new-album-martin-solveig/

LOL @ MTV.

But they are right when they say this album seems to be moving in a proper direction. Away from the garish antics of "i'll be your one stop candy shop" and more toward something that can be fun, sexy, but more sophisticated and in tune with Madonna's age. And yes, she is ALWAYS best when working with people that are more under the radar. Shep? Andre Betts? Orbit? Ahmadzai? Stuart Price? She assured that she basically sounded like nobody else on the radio.

The only two instances where she made an album with a bunch of big name producers were Hard Candy and Bedtime Stories. Bedtime was pretty excellent, whereas Hard Candy would have felt dated a year before its release date. She needs to remember that she's best when she's working with one producer, pretty much unknown, creating a uniform sound for the whole record.

By now, she's in her fifties, it would take some spectacular occurrence for Top 40 radio to really embrace whatever she brings. Hung Up was a perfect pop song that was huge everywhere... but America. It got to 7th here but peaked at like, 50th in airplay. 4 Minutes was big probably because Timbaland and Justin were attached and even then it settled for 11th in airplay. I don't expect her to dominate the singles charts or have anything near the omnipresence that someone like Katy Perry has on airwaves. But I DO hope she could sell a respectable amount of copies just based on the merits of the work.