Mic

Randomdonna

On 7/16/2020 at 4:11 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

LAV out streaming the other albums makes me want to vomit

2/3 of them are by LAV and Material Girl alone. Just as Hung Up takes over half of COADF’s streams. So all in all her streams on spotify are pretty sad lol

I don't know if you already knew about this story, but i just read it for the first time. lol3

The origin of Michael Jackson’s song ‘In the Closet’
Jackson watched Madonna perform her song “Sooner or Later” at the Academy Awards in 1991. He and his friend Diana Ross gawked at Madonna. Ross said Madonna was an “awful woman.” Jackson and Ross agreed Madonna’s dress was “tacky.” Despite this, Jackson understood Madonna was a major star.

Jackson wrote his song “In the Closet” in the hope it would be a duet with Madonna. The phrase “in the closet” is associated with the LGBT community. However, Jackson’s “In the Closet” is actually a voraciously heterosexual love song.

Madonna’s ideas for the collaboration
Jackson asked Madonna to write some new lyrics for the song based on its title. Madonna wanted the track to be provocative but Jackson wasn’t receptive to her ideas. “I started writing words and getting ideas and stuff and I presented them to him and he didn’t like them. I think all he wanted was a provocative title, and ultimately he didn’t want the content of the song to…sort of, live up to the title.”

Madonna agreed to appear in the video if it was edgy in some way. Jackson was initially fine with that idea. Then, Madonna got a little more specific.

She wanted the video for “In the Closet” to feature her dressed as a man and Jackson dressed as a woman. According to J. Randy Taraborrelli, the concert “concerned” Jackson, due to the rampant speculation about his sexual orientation, Jackson turned to his sister Janet for advice.

Why Michael Jackson decided not to wok with Madonna
Janet actually thought Madonna’s idea for the video was good and unexpected, even though she’d been critical of Madonna in the past. Jackson ultimately turned down Madonna’s offer. Madonna recalled how Jackson wasn’t comfortable being provocative. Producer Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds said Jackson was very upset by Madonna’s proposal.

Madonna said that while she spent lots of time with Jackson, he wasn’t her friend. She noted how Jackson was thoughtful about what he said and ate. By contrast, Madonna felt she was impulsive. She said she felt like a “big clumsy farm girl” compared to Jackson.

Full story: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/michael-jackson-why-plans-for-a-madonna-duet-fell-apart.html/

The way MJ couldn't stand someone as successful as him in the pop industry. lol3 

came across this itunes screengrab from febraury 4 2012 that features a slighly different tracklist for MDNA orly1 

Spoiler

madonnatracks.png

so basically BDay Song was (somehow jj4 ) part of the main album while Some Girls and IDGA were placed earlier orly1 

Now the thing is, the two untitled bonus tracks. I'm assuming one of them is Best Friend, does anyone know what could've been the other song? Love Spent Acoustic? Broken as an itunes exclusive? Another remix? 

18 hours ago, plutoniano said:

came across this itunes screengrab from febraury 4 2012 that features a slighly different tracklist for MDNA orly1 

Hide contents

madonnatracks.png

so basically BDay Song was (somehow jj4 ) part of the main album while Some Girls and IDGA were placed earlier orly1 

Now the thing is, the two untitled bonus tracks. I'm assuming one of them is Best Friend, does anyone know what could've been the other song? Love Spent Acoustic? Broken as an itunes exclusive? Another remix? 

i went through Wikipedia's MDNA edit history so this seems like its real so far

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MDNA_(album)&dir=prev&limit=500&action=history

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MDNA_(album)&oldid=475252831#Track_listing

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MDNA_(album)&oldid=475566206#Track_listing

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MDNA_(album)&oldid=475569458#Track_listing

52 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

orly1 I'm impressed. It didnt occur to me to check this. Very resourceful king yas2

Wonder why the change in orer tho cause it's not majorly different and neither follows a narrative or anything 🤔🤔