Lion's Den

The Drop Zone

1 hour ago, TaylorNation™ said:

Hey guys. jj2 I don't think I've really ever posted here that much, but I'm kinda getting back into some of Katy's music again so I might have to fully stan again. oprah2 I just wanted to share my thoughts on KP4 and see if you guys have any tea I haven't come across. jj2 I kinda don't get people wanting her to go all dark, I think she needs to change up her sound but doing a complete 360 wouldn't be that good. sia3 I want her sound or image to be more "mature" (don't know if it's a good example, but think Wide Awake. It was a more mature song and a perfect balance between mature and more colorful or whatever you'd call it.) Overall I'm just excited to see where she goes and I feel she'll probably do something different this time. Her vocal abilities have improved a lot too which makes me feel like she'll deliver better performances, etc. too. jj2 

So while talking about this, what kind of info do we have on the next album? Any at all? jj3 

We have two signs so far: Katy was spotted in the record studio and Katy hinted at "electric" music. I hope the lead single comes in August cry1

15 minutes ago, California boy said:

We have two signs so far: Katy was spotted in the record studio and Katy hinted at "electric" music. I hope the lead single comes in August cry1

Same. August/Sept single releases and Oct/Nov album releases are the best for sales so. jj2 I'd be ok with some electric, or rather EDM songs on the album. Maybe an eclectic album with just a couple country/pop mixture songs and some EDM influenced songs and like some indie influence and all. jj2 I hope it exceeds my expectations. yas2 

" userid="43056"] Hey guys. jj2 I don't think I've really ever posted here that much, but I'm kinda getting back into some of Katy's music again so I might have to fully stan again. oprah2 I just wanted to share my thoughts on KP4 and see if you guys have any tea I haven't come across. jj2 I kinda don't get people wanting her to go all dark, I think she needs to change up her sound but doing a complete 360 wouldn't be that good. sia3 I want her sound or image to be more "mature" (don't know if it's a good example, but think Wide Awake. It was a more mature song and a perfect balance between mature and more colorful or whatever you'd call it.) Overall I'm just excited to see where she goes and I feel she'll probably do something different this time. Her vocal abilities have improved a lot too which makes me feel like she'll deliver better performances, etc. too. jj2 

So while talking about this, what kind of info do we have on the next album? Any at all? jj3 

We're happy to have you posting in here about whatever you'd like brit0 Katy has been silent about this next album, which has been so so weird. Each album she gets more and more quiet about the creative process. It's making this hiatus the longest/worst one yet imo.

I definitely get what you mean by mature. She already started going that route with Prism and I could see her continuing to move that direction. She had also hinted at wanting to do a dance album and an acoustic album, but i see the former happening before the latter. Though with all these rumblings of her going country, who the fuck knows (My quinnpinion is that she should stay away from country for a while).

Right now the most popular opinion and theory around here is that she's doing an electronic/EDM vibe. I could see her doing that, for sure.

It's so hard making opinions about this crap when we know literally nothing though. THE DROUGHT IS SO REAL cry9

7 hours ago, Newton said:

some people are pressed enough to go to sections of artists they hate and downrep their fans coffee1 

it just baffles me rip3 they actually have the time for it. rip3

54 minutes ago, WalkingOnCharts said:

The welcome thread is so good  oprah10

xoxo

12 hours ago, TaylorNation™ said:

Same. August/Sept single releases and Oct/Nov album releases are the best for sales so. jj2 I'd be ok with some electric, or rather EDM songs on the album. Maybe an eclectic album with just a couple country/pop mixture songs and some EDM influenced songs and like some indie influence and all. jj2 I hope it exceeds my expectations. yas2 

I also would like to hear a duet with Nicki Minaj and another one with Kaceys Musgraves on KP4 cry7