Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aion

So here's what I'm thinking...

...and I don't care about discussing this in the open.

I made the thread I made in Battle Grounds because I'm hoping to set a precedent. We all know that Madonna isn't going to get the radio play like Rihanna or Katy Perry. We know that she's not going to sell like Adele or Gaga right now. However, people seem to think we DON'T know this. Or at least, they try not to believe that we do because it makes it easier for them to try and drag us for whatever opinion they assume we hold.

Let's be... the classiest stanbase on FOTP. Let's not try and act like album sales don't matter if MDNA's aren't too hot. Let's not look the other way when a single stalls on the charts. Let's just have nothing to hide, and OWN whatever happens this era. If something flops, let's be the first ones to admit it. "Yeah, _____ DID peak at #93 on the Hot 100."

If someone feels like they have any place going in on MADONNA... allow them to. Don't give them the satisfaction that comes with arguing back, because Madonna has nothing to prove, her career speaks for itself, and anything we say to those who've decided she's some basic less0r bitch isn't going to matter, it won't make a difference. And at the end of the day, we know Madonna is NEVER going to be seen by the public as someone who just Got Lucky. Let's be content with that and let the attempted draggings (and there WILL be many of them coming) happen. It says more about what those people NEED her to be than who Madonna IS.

The majority of people on fotp like, or at least respect madonna...

when you made the battlegrounds, I expected a bigger backlash... But it went pretty well. xtina7

But def, ya'll Madge fans shouldn't get your granny panties in a knot, y'all have nothing to prove. xtina12

...and I don't care about discussing this in the open.

I made the thread I made in Battle Grounds because I'm hoping to set a precedent. We all know that Madonna isn't going to get the radio play like Rihanna or Katy Perry. We know that she's not going to sell like Adele or Gaga right now. However, people seem to think we DON'T know this. Or at least, they try not to believe that we do because it makes it easier for them to try and drag us for whatever opinion they assume we hold.

Let's be... the classiest stanbase on FOTP. Let's not try and act like album sales don't matter if MDNA's aren't too hot. Let's not look the other way when a single stalls on the charts. Let's just have nothing to hide, and OWN whatever happens this era. If something flops, let's be the first ones to admit it. "Yeah, _____ DID peak at #93 on the Hot 100."

If someone feels like they have any place going in on MADONNA... allow them to. Don't give them the satisfaction that comes with arguing back, because Madonna has nothing to prove, her career speaks for itself, and anything we say to those who've decided she's some basic less0r bitch isn't going to matter, it won't make a difference. And at the end of the day, we know Madonna is NEVER going to be seen by the public as someone who just Got Lucky. Let's be content with that and let the attempted draggings (and there WILL be many of them coming) happen. It says more about what those people NEED her to be than who Madonna IS.

I fucking love you.

tumblr_lhf13yU1FX1qcdgx6o1_500.gif

Madonna is the true Queen of pop, will always be, like MJ is the King oprah1 there's no changing that, she's accomplished so much, nothing left to prove oprah1 I rarely argue back anyway ny16.gif' alt='ny15'>

and @Harry cry1 love the Queen Deen gif cry1cry1cry1

I agree!I personally don't care in singles chart, sale, etc! of course I would be happy to see her on #1 everywhere but for me like u said has nothing to prove! The Queen is samll word for her now! She is fucking legend! Just how many of them over 30 years have come and gone but Madge is still her on top! This is hard, but she managed!!! And hate how people always talking now "Oh she makes dance songs, where is ROL quality" ..Get over it! She has amazing songs with 10 albums! If she wanna have fun now I have nothing against! I'm just happy she's still here, making muisc!

Colin slaying the lessors again baby1

I think we do pretty well anyway, I mean, none of us here are deluding ourselves and telling everyone Hard Candy was a masterpiece. Although, I can't promise anything in regards to not arguing back with straight-up facts, if a girl can't take her frustrations on the LadyGaga's of the world, who can she? +tehe3+

oprah2 oprah2 amazing post oprah1

i think one of the problems is that Madonna Fans knew like everyone shes the queen so if something flops you can still say ok her album just sold 1.000.000 ww but shes still and every will be the Queen of Music...I think thats why most Madonna stans are not as bitchy or pressed like stans of younger or more reductiv artists...and so we get bashed from this other fans....

Only thing they can say about madonna is shes old cos everyone knows she sold over 300.000.000 ww

Tbh its quit desperate when fans from other artist who are in the business for like 3 years say Shes the new queen of pop madonna4

that shows that ur talking to a younger and uneducated people who are kinda new in this "Music World"

sry for my english i just woke up fall1fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

oprah2 oprah2 amazing post oprah1

i think one of the problems is that Madonna Fans knew like everyone shes the queen so if something flops you can still say ok her album just sold 1.000.000 ww but shes still and every will be the Queen of Music...I think thats why most Madonna stans are not as bitchy or pressed like stans of younger or more reductiv artists...and so we get bashed from this other fans....

Only thing they can say about madonna is shes old cos everyone knows she sold over 300.000.000 ww

Tbh its quit desperate when fans from other artist who are in the business for like 3 years say Shes the new queen of pop madonna4

that shows that ur talking to a younger and uneducated people who are kinda new in this "Music World"

sry for my english i just woke up fall1fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Well the age thing is just such an ugly way to go, and it's really cheap to punish her for it. What, was she supposed to stop getting old? Or shoot herself when she turned 40 so as to save us from watching her age? Everyone on this forum is going to be old one day God willing, and I'd really like to see how certain people handle being treated like they're not valuable members of society anymore because of something they have no power over. moo1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.