Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rebel Bitch

FOTP Reviews

It seems your really enjoyed it! I'm very pleased then :D I would love to write a book about Madonna :P

Yeah I really enjoyd! I love fans who really can "read" the whole story behind one song or behind her music video, tour oprah2 For me she's more than just a singer!

Ok been so busy haven't had a chance to write my review until now

1. Girl Gone Wild

I don't know why people are so hard on this song. Sure it's not as hard hitting as we expected from Madge + Benny but it's still insanely catchy and fun. It disappointed me at first but the video made me love it even more. If Britney, Katy, Rihanna, or KEsha sang this it would of smashed but of course leave it to age-ist US radio to not play the song. Great song to rock out to in the car tbh +tehe3+

9/10

2. Gang Bang

Oh my god. Most epic song on the entire album and possibly of Madonna's entire career. The breakdown. Her delivery. The lyrics. The chorus. DRIVE BITCHHH. So fucking epic. It's as theatrical and cinematic as a pop song can possibly get. Forever a fan favorite this day on and would absolutely slay in music video form.

10/10

3. I'm Addicted

My fave snippet from first listen. The song is just pure dance pop joy at it's finest. Repetitive in some ways but beyond basic like your fave's latest single. The end with the bridge and final chorus with the MDNA chant at the end will forever slay me every listen. Pure classic Madonna dancefloor anthem that screams single.

10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio

On first listen the song is somewhat disappointing with the given hype established by reviews of it before the leak and some may argue basic but compared to the demo Madonna has added her own little touch to it. Perfect mid/up tempo pop song to play this summer with the windows down. The final verse absolutely slays and this is an excellent Martin Solveig production if I do say so myself.

8.5/10

5. Gimme All Yur Luvin

Honestly one of the best songs of the year and best videos too. Nicki and M.I.A. are an added bonus. Only Madonna could release a song like this yet already sound like one of her older, timeless hits yet make it fresh at the same time. Absolutely fun and harmless and shows even the 53 year old queen of pop knows how to have fun and doesn't need to have a stick up her ass at all times like some of your pretentious faves.

9/10

6. Some Girls

The beat is fantastic. Idk how else to describe it. Loud and in your face with a soft electronic and almost drowned out chorus but shows how Madonna can near perfectly execute today's modern dance craze sound.

8/10

7. Superstar

I hated the snippet and hated the song on first listen but after a third listen I was singing along without realizing it. Lyrically it's nothing ground breaking but hey it's catchy and it's fun and it makes you wanna sing a long so try and diss it but Madonna's got you singing along madonna5

8.5/10

8. I Don't Give A

Easily my favorite track on the album. So flawless. I can't really tell if she's singing or rapping or both but either way she pulls it off great. Madonna is infamously known for telling the world off and making sure we all know she gives not a single fuck what we think and exceptionally proves that in I Don't Give A. Nicki's verse is fantastic as well and I would love for this song to be a single because I think it can definitely make a considerable dent into the charts.

10/10

9. I'm A Sinner

Not crazy about this song at first but I absolutely love it. It reminds me of Beautiful Stranger meets a track off Music. Just like GMAYL, the song already songs like classic Madge and yet remains fresh and stunning. With a retro sound and almost "controversial" name dropping of famous religious and Christian figures, Madonna does what she does best and succeeds.

10/10

10. Love Spent

Never have I been so impressed by a banjo in a pop song. Turning straight into an upbeat pop jam, Love Spent is definitely a big album highlight without being too in your face. Ridiculously catchy as well.

8.5/10

11. Masterpiece

Lol don't really care for this song tbh. Her voice sounds nice though I guess which is the only reason I like it. Lyrics are cheesy and idc for them.

7/10

12. Falling Free

Fucking beautiful song. I just wish it had a lil more oomf to it. An excellent close to the standard edition by ending her dancefloor adventure with her personal confessions and thoughts.

9/10

13. Beautiful Killer

Lol nothing too special. Just another fun dance pop song by Madonna. Don't know what else to say fall1

8.5/10

14. I Fucked Up

Possibly by second favorite song on the album. Though repetitive in chorus structure the fast middle of the song absolutely slays me and takes you on a journey of what if's and if only's at Madonna's lover she so foolishly pushed away. I really REALLY hope she performs this on tour.

10/10

15. B-Day Song

I love singing along to this song. I don't know why people are hard on it. A retro, 60's sound that sounds like something from the Beatles greatest hits but works perfectly for a Madonna and MIA collabo.

8.5/10

16. Best Friend

Lol this song sucks. Her voice annoying but I like the beat brit19

6/10

Overall score: A-

Madonna proves with MDNA why exactly she is the queen of pop. Staying to a signature sound reminiscent of Ray of Light, Music, Confessions, and even American Life but putting a modern and personal touch on the music, she manages to sound fresh and anything but reductive. Taking us to the club, hitting the dance floor, flipping off the negative press and haters, and then opening up to us and shows vulnerability, Madonna manages to conceptually craft the ideal pop album I believe many try so hard to create. By no means is this THE best or her best, but truly a contender for best pop album of the year and definitely up there in regards to her discography as a stand out and great work she should be proud of and not forgotten or shunned like Hard Candy persay fall1. I approve brit29

1. Girl Gone Wild

I don't know why people are so hard on this song. Sure it's not as hard hitting as we expected from Madge + Benny but it's still insanely catchy and fun. It disappointed me at first but the video made me love it even more. If Britney, Katy, Rihanna, or KEsha sang this it would of smashed but of course leave it to age-ist US radio to not play the song. Great song to rock out to in the car tbh

9/10

THIS cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'>

finally someone who loves the song just like me cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'>

Ok so I still haven't listened to the bonus tracks or Superstar, but I might later and edit this review.

Girl Gone Wild - Oh my god, the intro.. the spoken words asking for forgiveness of her sins and than the sudden outburst of dance music is amazing and for the albums opener, perfect. But the song does fall behind after and the track just becomes another generic song from our day and age, which doesn't make it any worse but for Madonna it is most definitely disappointing. The lyrics are lazy and boring, the chorus isn't amazing and the song just doesn't progress from that intro and falls down a landslide until it finishes and leaves my ears definitely underwhelmed.

7/10

Gang Bang - The album finally began! This track is nothing like I've ever heard from Madonna, which is what I like. It's dark and gritty and catchy and unlike the albums opener continues to climb up a ladder of satisfaction and ends on quite a high note! What else makes the track so special is its formed like dialogue in a story that continues through a plot until the climax is reached and with one shot, ends. A highlight from the album.

9/10

I'm Addicted - Perfect follow-up from a almost perfect track. I'm Addicted slays me in every way possible.. the instrumental is amazing, it's amazing techno and Madonna's vocals fit in well with it. Another thing that catches my eye is that its sorta the opposite to Girl Gone Wild, a good dance song that gets better as it goes on instead of declining. The techno breakdown after the words 'I need to dance' makes me need to dance and when your on a public bus going to school, it's hard to hold that urge, magnificent. Highlight from the album, if not the best song on the album.

10/10

Turn Up The Radio - Sounds like I've just entered a old video game based around a kingdom, a very standard track, very single-worthy and nice for radio. It doesn't catch me as much as the last two songs but it's overall a good song from Madonna and the third single should definitely be this. A highlight for me on this song is the chorus, the instrumental is fine and her vocals are great but again, very underwhelming compared to other songs.

7.5/10

Give Me All Your Luvin' - Underrated track for me. I see alot of hate for this song but for me I absolutely love it and if I was Madonna's label I would've definitely put this up for a single. It's a great dance track and has alot of single material which nowadays is the norm to get a hit single (but alot of things stopped this song from smashing). Hopefully one day this track is appreciated more because even if M.I.A and Nicki Minaj are basically useless and have horrible parts in the song, Madonna pulls it through and manages to save it from my brain's utter death.

9/10

Some Girls - A fucking amazing song, first listen I was hooked and fistpumping hard to this song even when the Skype bleeps still occured! It's kinda like a better and much more carefully produced version of My Girls by Christina Aguilera however this time around pulls it off effortlessly. The chorus reminds me alot of the artist September which is a good comparison as I love her music. A solid track that keeps me forever listening.

9/10

I Don't Give A - I don't give a.. FUCK about this song so I'm not even gonna bother reviewing it. What the fuck was she thinking? Nice instrumental.

5/10

I'm A Sinner - Instant American Life vibes, a pretty good track all around and I absolutely love it! It sounds like a modern Beautiful Stranger. Lyrics are dreamy and nice like most of the songs towards this end of the album. I'm a sinner for this song and I like it that way.

8.5/10

Love Spent - Reminds me so much of Dawson's remixes, such a mediocre song compared to the others but a very nice one. The chorus is my favourite part and once again, another great instrumental. Her vocals are also very nice and flowy here.

7.5/10

Masterpiece - A piece of motherfucking art, this song is one of the best on the album. One of the few slower songs on the album, it's a perfect song and deserved every right to win that Golden Globe (wondering why the Oscars didn't acknowledge it). It's lyrics may be somewhat cheesy but there nice and help the song flow and we all know Madonna has never been a lyrical genius so what else would we expect. Love this song, a highlight on the album if not the best.

10/10

Falling Free - Another nice slow song, very flowy and free and gives me a great feeling and puts me in a great state of mind. Another track quite different to many Madonna tracks I've listened to, kinda like a 1500's era song mixed with modern technology. Definitely a good song evolving but still not fully evolved yet.

8/10

Overall: 9/10

Good review! I'm glad you're so here for Masterpiece and I'm Addicted. +tehe3+ Tell me more about equating I'm A Sinner with American Life though, that struck me. beyonce1

Good review! I'm glad you're so here for Masterpiece and I'm Addicted. +tehe3+ Tell me more about equating I'm A Sinner with American Life though, that struck me. beyonce1

It just has certain parts that remind me of songs from that era or maybe I'm mistaken for the Music era and Beautiful Stranger.. cry5

If it's not American Life than it has to Music or just the lone song Beautiful Stranger.. just certain parts of I'm A Sinner remind me of those songs.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.