Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

JoeyCouture

Britney Sued for $10 Million

At least one company thinks Britney Spears' perfume empire really stinks.

A licensing firm that helped Spears launch her successful fragrance line is suing the pop star for more than $10 million, claiming she used "under-handed" means to get out of paying them their share.

Brand Sense Partners claims they brokered Spears' deal with Elizabeth Arden in 2004, and stood to receive a 35 percent commission on any resulting Spears-branded fragrances, such as "Radiance," "Midnight Fantasy" and "Curious," Reuters reports.

SODAHEAD SLIDESHOW: What's the most overrated celebrity perfume?

But last year, the laswuit alleges that Spears asked Elizabeth Arden to send all royalties to her. After Brand Sense confronted Spears, her father Jamie Spears said the 35 percent commission was too high and that his daughter did not want to pay it.

The suit also claims that Spears then "secretly made a separate deal with Elizabeth Arden in a sneaky, under-handed effort to circumvent and evade its obligations to Brand Sense."

We're not sure who's telling the truth here, but regardless, are Spears' highly publicized fragrances all they're cracked up to be anyway?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/31/britney-spears-sued-fragrance-line-whats-overrated-celebrity-perfume/#ixzz1IFHNwLRH

I will say if it is for the new fragrance like they say, I don't think they can really blame Britney. She is under the conservatorship so she controls nothing dealing with her business so she can get off with it wasn't me it was my conservatorship.

I will say if it is for the new fragrance like they say, I don't think they can really blame Britney. She is under the conservatorship so she controls nothing dealing with her business so she can get off with it wasn't me it was my conservatorship.

This, like for serious

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.