Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Liberated Matt

Girl Gone Wild Video Premiere

Madonna's new Girl Gone Wild has been banned from open view on YouTube for being too raunchy, with scenes including nudity and a close-up of a man’s PVC-clad crotch.

YouTube chiefs have restricted the video for those 18 years or above, and sources tell us they’ve told the superstar’s management that if they want it to be available for viewing by all, they must edit out shots of bare bottoms, a man rubbing his crotch and an implied masturbation scene where a man gyrates before a mirror.

Madonna’s team was working yesterday on an edited version of the video for YouTube because, for the first time, it’s based its marketing strategy for her new album, MDNA, on social media, including a live Facebook interview with Jimmy Fallon today.

A source told The New York Post, "YouTube has decided the video is too raunchy and should only be viewed by those 18 or over, and actually, the video is hard to find on the site. YouTube has sent Madonna’s team a list of shots that should be cut to make it appropriate for everyone."

Fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott directed Girl Gone Wild, using much of the singer’s trademark erotic imagery, including topless men dancing in black tights (mantyhose) and platform heels.

YouTube also took exception to an S&M-inspired scene of a silhouette in chains.

The video was deemed "inappropriate for some users" by YouTube, and viewers must verify they’re 18 or older and log in to watch it.

A rep for YouTube told the newspaper, "While we don’t comment on individual videos, we review all videos flagged by our users against our community guidelines. In some cases we agerestrict flagged material that, while not in violation of those guidelines, contains images that may be unsuitable for younger users."

Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg said: "Some things never change. This is a throwback to (1990) when MTV refused to show Justify My Love."

+laughcry+

Discrimination! I'm sick of it! It's all just because she's Madonna and she is fucking "OLD" ...O we can watch Alejandro video where Gaga is ugly as hell and video is full of shit but we can't watch GGW!gaga3 I'm so pissed!

U can't be 53 and hot in this world!brit18

Also, having read this whole thread, I simply cannot at closet cases seeking validation from a music video. You're the ones who must be ashamed of being gay if it takes a Madge clip to make you feel good about your sexuality.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.