ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

30 minutes ago, Perfect Illusion said:

Why is I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance like the best song ever? cry7

...and that song was a bonus track. It almost didn't make it onto the album.

BTW, someone needs a CRJ stan badge wendy1

1 hour ago, ajp said:

...and that song was a bonus track. It almost didn't make it onto the album.

BTW, someone needs a CRJ stan badge wendy1

I don't stan her enough. rip4 I only know like 2 non-single songs, IDJCHTD and TIny Little Bows and they're both excellent, so I want to get into Queen Carly more. lana1

1 minute ago, Perfect Illusion said:

I don't stan her enough. rip4 I only know like 2 non-single songs, IDJCHTD and TIny Little Bows and they're both excellent, so I want to get into Queen Carly more. lana1

Tiny Little Bows? fall1

In the last 10 years, she's released like 60 songs. oprah10

Have fun exploring them all. rav3

Canadian Music Blog:

The Empress of Canadian Pop Carly Rae Jepsen has released a new track with Charli XCX and will be busy performing on Katy Perry’s Witness tour, but there is much speculation she will be making 2018 a very memorable year with a new album. We are delighted that her 2017 banger “Cut to the Feeling” populated so many year-end lists. Indeed, it was perhaps her best song since “Curiosity”. Whether you’re a fan or not of Carly’s music, it is heartwarming to see a Canadian artist charm so many music critics around the world. We summarize some of the placements below with quoted excerpts.

Noisey: #100

“It’s a skyscraper of a song that both describes and enacts the modus operandi of pop music as an entire project, rising so high with every new chorus that you’re dizzy by the time it’s done.” — Lauren O’Neil

Pop Matters: #64

“It is a classic formula executed to perfection, building from tense verses to a chorus that explodes like fireworks. Nolan Lambroza’s production is shimmering and radiant, the perfect backdrop for Ms. Jepsen, who conveys the song’s feeling of euphoria with her trademark charisma.” — Adrien Begrand

Rolling Stone: #44

“Canada’s hook hero saved 2017 with her bracing rejoinder to Xanax-pop malaise, a rainbow-bright collision of ‘Lucky Star’ synth bursts and processed-handclap beats. Jepsen’s boisterous vocal adds extra urgency to this jump-along anthem’s much-needed e•mo•tional rescue.” — Rolling Stone Staff

Pitchfork: #30

“It is the dark and glittering sound of running full speed on a boardwalk at night, of sitting on a roof under the stars, these perfect places with proximity to the infinite.” — Jenn Pelly

Billboard: #25

“This was a belt-it-from-your-car distillation of all things wonderfully Carly Rae: yearning for something grandly romantic (‘I wanna dance on the roof, you and me alone’) with a breathless, stratospheric chorus, not unlike ‘Run Away with Me.'” — R.M.

UPROXX: #19

“It’s a luscious jolt of bombastic energy, the perfect pick-me-up at the end of a hard day (or a physically and mentally challenging race).” — Josh Kurp

Cosmopolitan: #15

“Guaranteed to cause spontaneous, involuntary dancing, no matter where you are or how you’re feeling.” — Eliza Thompson

NME: #12

“From the opening handclaps accompanied by CRJ’s trademark husky vocals, you know that ‘Cut to the Feeling’ is going to be a Class A banger; but it’s only when you reach the utterly bombastic and outrageously vivacious chorus when you realise what a truly excellent pop song has been created.” — NME

Stereogum: #9

“Two years later, one final argument in praise of E•MO•TION: Carly Rae Jepsen’s modern classic was so stacked that they couldn’t find room for this enraptured blast of fresh air.” — Chris DeVille

CBC Music: #6

“Without a doubt, this was the feel-good song of 2017. Carly Rae Jepsen cranked out some of her best hooks since ‘Call Me Maybe’ on this splashy summer hit.” — Editorial Staff

Slant Magazine: #4

“Jepsen’s voice breaks in her ecstatic admission that ‘I’ve been denying how I feel,’ and she dons an almost British affectation during the bridge when she sings, ‘Show me devotion/And take me all the way,’ atop some ‘Edge of Seventeen’-style guitar riffing. — Cinquemani

Entertainment Weekly: #4

“This E•MO•TION-era gem, left off both her 2015 LP and its b-sides collection before finding a home in the movie Leap!, reaches the same giddy heights of ‘Call Me Maybe.’ — N.F.

Canadian Music Blog: #1

“It will bring joy to your heart, sweeten your dreams, and make you fall in love with the charmer or charmers. Slam and dunk.” — CMB Team

Carly Rae Jepsen To Perform Concert Aboard Carnival Splendor In February 2018 As Part Of Carnival Live Concert Series

December 27, 2017 2:18 PM 

MIAMI, Dec. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammy Award-nominated, multi-platinum, singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen, who has sold more than 20 million singles worldwide, will perform a free concert aboard 

Carnival Splendor in February 2018, as part of the Carnival LIVE Concert Series. The concert marks the first time the cruise line is collaborating with Universal Music Group and Brands (UMGB), the brand strategy and partnership division of Universal Music Group.

While the concert is a departure from previous Carnival LIVE performances in that it is free and open to all guests sailing on Carnival Splendor's Feb. 17, 2018, seven-day voyage, it continues the line's mission of bringing the best in live entertainment to the seas and providing guests an opportunity to enjoy captivating performances by top artists in a memorable setting. 

The concert will take place on Carnival Splendor's Lido Deck Feb. 18 while the ship is at sea during a week-long Mexican Riviera cruise that operates round-trip from Long Beach, Calif. The voyage features a day-long call at Puerto Vallarta and two days at Cabo San Lucas. 

Jepsen broke onto the music scene in 2012 with her major label debut Kiss that included the smash hit "Call Me Maybe" which climbed to #1 on the iTunes Singles charts in more than 47 countries and earned her Grammy Award nominations for Best Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year. After earning rave reviews starring in the Broadway production of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, Jepsen released her next album, E·MO·TION, which received critical acclaim and featured the Billboard Top 40 hit "I Really Like You." 

Jepsen also starred as the iconic Pink Lady, "Frenchy," in FOX's four-time EMMY award winning musical GREASE: LIVE and most recently voiced the character of Odette in the animated movie "LEAP!". "LEAP!" featured Jepsen's song "Cut To The Feeling" which has been hailed by critics as a top song of 2017 showing up on year end lists for Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Billboard, Noisey and more. 

Jepsen joins an impressive lineup of Carnival LIVE artists who run the gamut of musical genres, from rock, country, R&B, and pop, as well as some of the biggest names in comedy. Previous Carnival LIVE artists include music superstars Tim McGraw and Carrie Underwood and comedians Jim Gaffigan and Chris Tucker. 

"While I've performed all over the world and on Broadway, I've never performed on a cruise ship before and I'm really looking forward toa night with my fans in what promises to be a unique venue for an incredible night," Jepsen said. 

"We're delighted to have Carly bring her signature brand of pop music to guests sailing aboard Carnival Splendor," said Sarah Beth Reno, Carnival's vice president of entertainment. "A free open-air concert on Lido Deck is an exciting new twist for Carnival LIVE and we can't wait for our guests to experience this one-of-a-kind entertainment concept in an entirely new setting," she added. 

brit14 

8 hours ago, Urbanov said:

I'd change Let's Get Lost for Warm Blood but anyway amazing setlist cry7

I was shocked to see IDJCHTD cause it's a bonus track. It shows that she loves the song. yas1