ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

Tug Of War (2008) is getting re-released in Japan on Sept 27, 2019.

Currently, available on import CD or through digital channels...Tug Of War CD is getting released (before her tour in Japan) by BSMF Records:

Amazon Japan

No listing yet of tracks and whether anything will be added on as a bonus.

@ajp @Hermione

So I'm gonna to her VIP/Q&A thing later today, if there's a question either of you have in mind let me know because I can't think of one dead2 It's in six hours and you have to submit it in advance online (probably so she can keep it in mind, I don't know if you're supposed to verbally ask it then or if she'll just answer the cream of the crop or what). Anyway, let me know.

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@ajp @Hermione

So I'm gonna to her VIP/Q&A thing later today, if there's a question either of you have in mind let me know because I can't think of one dead2 It's in six hours and you have to submit it in advance online (probably so she can keep it in mind, I don't know if you're supposed to verbally ask it then or if she'll just answer the cream of the crop or what). Anyway, let me know.

Ask her:  is ever going to release a LIVE album? sia1

(Enjoy the show!)

6 hours ago, ajp said:

yas1

Well, unfortunately she did not answer this question! So how it works is that all the questions were printed out, put into a purse and she drew some random ones. If you or @Hermione would like to know, here's some of the tidbits she did share:

- She said Phoebe Bridgers was one of her favourite current artists

- Somebody asked where she likes to shop (!), and she mentioned she was late to the game on it but she mostly shopped online now. Think she praised some pajamas she'd recently bought.

- She said that her favourite role she'd played was Little Orphan Annie when she was a kid

- Somebody asked how long it takes to make a song start to finish, and this was understandably a ramble that boiled down to "It's always different!"

- She said Run Away with Me was her favourite song of hers (this is probably a pretty common one)

So yeah, did that, the sound check and the group photo with thirty other people, which I may or may not share depending on how my third row bulb head appears. Concert is in a few hours...

51 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Well, unfortunately she did not answer this question! So how it works is that all the questions were printed out, put into a purse and she drew some random ones. If you or @Hermione would like to know, here's some of the tidbits she did share:

- Somebody asked where she likes to shop (!), and she mentioned she was late to the game on it but she mostly shopped online now. Think she praised some pajamas she'd recently bought.

- She said that her favourite role she'd played was Little Orphan Annie when she was a kid

- Somebody asked how long it takes to make a song start to finish, and this was understandably a ramble that boiled down to "It's always different!"

- She said Run Away with Me was her favourite song of hers (this is probably a pretty common one)

So yeah, did that, the sound check and the group photo with thirty other people, which I may or may not share depending on how my third row bulb head appears. Concert is in a few hours...

That's awesome! I wish I could have done VIP. There's always next time.

Seeing her was literally the best night of my life so far, you're in for a treat! Have fun!

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Seeing her was literally the best night of my life so far, you're in for a treat! Have fun!

Hopefully you do get to do that! I'm sure few on the planet Earth would appreciate it on your level dead2 

Yeah, first row too! Should be a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

A group photo? That must have sucked bey9 All the US dates were solo photos but in Canada she has been doing group shots nicki5

8 minutes ago, ajp said:

A group photo? That must have sucked bey9 All the US dates were solo photos but in Canada she has been doing group shots nicki5

Yea, I knew that going in and I was still hoping for a solo shot but no such luck rip3 

Anyway, I'm actually there now waiting for the opener to go on in about five minutes whilst they blast an incredibly upbeat version of Lana Del Rey's Blue Jeans, so she's supposed to start in about an hour...

18 hours ago, Hermione said:

17 hours ago, ajp said:

Here's some of the photos I took during...

SK7K2uX.jpg

Aayi4r6.jpg

eilBkOA.jpg

4ELyPke.jpg

28 minutes ago, ajp said:

OMG! You were so close giveup1

Yup, couldn't have been all that much closer, maybe I was ten feet away? Really, the only people that were closer were those right up at the stage that reach their hands out and such. Even though my seat was first row, I kinda ended up in the second/third wave of people.

One anecdote I have is this girl who wore these light-up cat ear headphones that was also at the VIP thing earlier, and was the first person up to the stage, always dancing. And when I first saw her, I thought "Hey, what's with the cat ears?" and then pretty well into the show when Carly is singing Now That I Found You she points to her during the chorus and I'm like "Holy shit, was that the point all along?..." scream1 

On 9/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yup, couldn't have been all that much closer, maybe I was ten feet away? Really, the only people that were closer were those right up at the stage that reach their hands out and such. Even though my seat was first row, I kinda ended up in the second/third wave of people.

One anecdote I have is this girl who wore these light-up cat ear headphones that was also at the VIP thing earlier, and was the first person up to the stage, always dancing. And when I first saw her, I thought "Hey, what's with the cat ears?" and then pretty well into the show when Carly is singing Now That I Found You she points to her during the chorus and I'm like "Holy shit, was that the point all along?..." scream1 

Photo from Winnipeg show:

EEHvgFjVUAAI5Zz?format=jpg&name=medium

are you in the audience? jj2