ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

3 hours ago, idrk said:

https://soundcloud.com/pior314159265359/carly-rae-jepsen-dear-julien

since when kesha4 and where's the rest of the songs

and apparently theres a song called Europe from curiosity album called Europe aka the only one from the 11 track album we havent heard

In 2022 she should do a 10th Anniversary reissue of Curiosity with the left-off tracks as bonus tracks. rav3

2 minutes ago, idrk said:

in 2019 she should release every song on her macbook rav3

She’s making us wait...she needs to stop overthinking her songs and just release things more frequently instead of holding them all back for 4 years and releasing 15 at a time.

2 minutes ago, idrk said:

i just dont get it. she has 40 songs she wants us desperately to hear asap and then waits 4 years dead2 guess her label didnt approve a emotion side c kesha5 and we dont approve of her label so theres that conflict kesha5 as long as i get when im alone demo ill be mentally sane enough to function as a human being brit10

Reveal hidden contents

i am sick of listening to f(x) version and wondering what carlys sounds like brit10

Hide contents

brit10

Hide contents

brit10 slip me that damn demo

Hide contents

brit10 1 time offer of my left kidney

Hide contents

brit10

Hide contents

brit10 

Hide contents

brit10 why do i have so many spoilers

Don’t get me started on labels and how they work. Sometimes they are their worst enemy. 

LA Times:

Promoter Goldenvoice has yet to officially announce the Coachella 2020 roster, a ritual that usually occurs just after the new year. But online sleuths have been tracking tour schedules, and their oft-accurate predictions have been accumulating. Those considered likely include rapper Megan Thee Stallion, My Chemical Romance, Duke Dumont, Lewis Capaldi, Flume, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, and Carly Rae Jepsen.

Wow I want that bag to go to the store too antm1

Also while we’re on the topic of Store, I’ve had this doubt.

Here in this ad, we hear a 2011 version of Store, with the same chorus but with a different verse and instrumental.

and fast forward to 2016 when we get the original Store in Emotion Side B. All tracks on Emotion Side B were leftovers from the Emotion album right? So does that mean Store is the oldest song written for Emotion? 

1 hour ago, Exhale said:

Wow I want that bag to go to the store too antm1

Also while we’re on the topic of Store, I’ve had this doubt.

Here in this ad, we hear a 2011 version of Store, with the same chorus but with a different verse and instrumental.

and fast forward to 2016 when we get the original Store in Emotion Side B. All tracks on Emotion Side B were leftovers from the Emotion album right? So does that mean Store is the oldest song written for Emotion? 

Ironically, she doesn’t even remember doing the advert fall2

As far as Store, it was written pre-Curiosity and maybe even during Tug of War. Carly has said before that she often keeps songs and depending on producer, has them re-work songs she’s not ready to give-up on. Lucky for us, Store found the right producer. 

Call Me Maybe was done the same way. Lyrics that she had and it came together in a recording session:

"I was in Vancouver at my apartment, with [co-writer] Tavish Crowe to begin with, and he was just strumming some chords, and I sang out what I thought was a pre[-chorus],” Jepsen recalls. “We had a verse, we had a completely different chorus, and I thought that what I was singing at the time -- ‘Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy’ -- was just, like, filler lyrics. I mentioned to Tavish that we would fix them later, and he said, ‘No, I think they’re kind of quirky and light-hearted and fun. I think we should keep those.’”

The next day, Jepsen and Crowe brought the song to Josh Ramsay, the leader of pop-rock group Marianas Trench, who suggested that they turn the song’s pre-chorus into its proper chorus. “He went, ‘That pre-chorus is way hookier than the chorus that you guys have, so let’s repeat it,’” says Jepsen. From there, “Call Me Maybe” -- originally more of a folk-leaning track, in the vein of Jepsen’s earlier singer-songwriter work -- was re-imagined as a bubblegum pop track by Ramsay, who ended up producing the song. “He got inspired and started adding strings," remembers Jepsen. "before we knew it, it had this whole new life.”

Another example - how “When I Needed You” came together:

http://songexploder.net/carly-rae-jepsen