ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

10 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

@ajp I knew the second Ottawa date had been cancelled a few days ago when someone posted about it on reddit. It's disappointing but not surprising as the first date hasn't sold really well either (send me the seat map before 22nd December comes, thank you). 

The London show sold out 100% in 2 days (and around 90% in one day) whereas Ottawa date ''struggled'' a bit. Maybe her British fans are more dedicated, or the Ottawa show is ''just'' a Christmas show whereas the London is an ''official'' show. 

Another theory is that Canada is a vast country. Fans from Western Canada like you AJP just don't want to or cannot afford to spend an expensive round-trip plane ticket to fly from British Columbia to Ottawa. As the show takes place in Ottawa, in terms of logistics, it's easier for fans from the provinces of Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba to come to the show. (I personally believe this theory is the main reason the Ottawa show is not doing very well).

P/S: Happy Holidays, AJP !

Having visited Ottawa, it’s not a big city. There were other artists that were booked for 2 days that also had to cancel one of their dates for this December Series. The mistake was the venue should have known better not to book 2 dates for any artist. If this event was in Toronto, she would have sold out both dates. 

Because of COVID, travel (flights) are very expensive especially when you add in the fact that the performances are days before Christmas - which would limit who could buy tickets. Only locals would bother to buy and travel to the Ottawa shows. 

It’s not her fault. 

@taylor1989 They just canceled the 22nd date. nicki5

The Ottawa concert that was to be Carly Rae Jepsen’s second live performance of 2021 has been cancelled because of the province’s recently announced Omicron-prompted restrictions on venues with a capacity of 1,000 or more seats.

The Canadian pop star was scheduled to fly from her home in Los Angeles to perform a holiday concert on Dec. 22 in the 2,000-seat Southam Hall with the National Arts Centre Orchestra, before heading west to visit her grandmother in Winnipeg and spend Christmas with family in her home province of British Columbia.

Source: Ottawa Citizen Newspaper

oprah14

Also, I read that it was the Ontario Government that imposed the 1,000 seat capacity ban starting at midnight tonight. All shows at the NAC have already been cancelled after tonight, or if they haven’t been cancelled, they will be.

Well, 2021 is almost over, and this is the first year since 2014 that we didn’t get anything from her - Not a single, not a feature, not even a remix. 

I don’t want to repeat 2021 - worst year on record oprah9

4 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

@ajp I'm back ! I hope you are still doing well !  I checked Carly's website and saw that the London date was completely sold out !! So happy for Carly !!  

Doing fine, but I would be better if CRJ announced her next single. She has Coachella in 4 weeks and she should have something new to perform. nicki4