ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

@ajp The reason Carly didn't perform on TV live anymore is it costs a label a lot of money to have their artists perform at Jimmy Kimmel live, Jimmy Fallon live, SNL, GMA, the Today show. Carly has zero commercial viability to warrant her label paying for her live performance. Demi's label paid for Demi to perform at JM and JF. They ended up losing money because Demi's album sold only 20k first week.

2 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

@ajp Did she sleep in hotels during the tour or inside the bus?? I saw her background singer Sophie post a photo on her Insta stories in which she slept inside the bus!

I would say the bus…but I did hear her say that on occasion they splurge for a hotel now and then. From the UBC show, there were 2 buses in the back of the arena. 

5 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

@ajp The reason Carly didn't perform on TV live anymore is it costs a label a lot of money to have their artists perform at Jimmy Kimmel live, Jimmy Fallon live, SNL, GMA, the Today show. Carly has zero commercial viability to warrant her label paying for her live performance. Demi's label paid for Demi to perform at JM and JF. They ended up losing money because Demi's album sold only 20k first week.

This is why she continues to say that she is not a “singles” artist. A label can spend a lot of money promoting a song to radio and TV and they often lose money. In Carly’s case, she was preparing for a tour and went on tour before the album dropped. She didn’t have time to go on JK or JM and certainly not SNL. In the end, the artists pays for it in time, effort and their wallet.

Her strategy to stick to what is working for her is paying off. Touring for her is the promo and her paycheque. She keeps more money and the label is happy, too. The label pays for recording sessions, a few videos and physical album distribution, and that’s it. They can’t lose money cause her back catalog of albums still sell and are continually streamed. 

3 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

Did you witness this with your own eyes that night, or did you hear it from someone else?

Yes, the back entrance was just off the sidewalk and I walked past and noticed 2 buses. I should have taken pictures bey11

3 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

this is from reddit right? this is from that 60-year old dude who used to like TS but he prefers Carly now.

I found it on twitter but the artist did a better job on Carly than Taylor. rav3