ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

"Good Time" is the lead single off Owl City's "The Midsummer Station," due Aug. 21 on Universal Republic, and the song will also appear on Jepsen's sophomore album, expected in September.

Jepsen -- the former "Canadian Idol" contestant whose "Call Me Maybe" has sold 4.3 million downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan -- and Young -- the mastermind behind Owl City and numerous other bands whose 2009 single "Fireflies" has moved 4.5 million downloads -- hadn't met before the recording of "Good Time." But the two 26-year-olds were introduced by Scooter Braun, the head of Jepsen's new U.S. label, Schoolboy Records, and Owl City manager Steve Bursky. The two impresarios grew up together just outside of New York City and reconnected in 2009, when "Fireflies" was riding high and Braun was managing up-and-comer Justin Bieber.

Three years later, the childhood pals were still trying to devise a way to work together. Bursky sent Braun new songs from Owl City's next album after Jepsen had signed to Schoolboy/Interscope in February.

"I heard 'Good Time' and said, 'Why isn't this the first single?'" Braun recalls. After Bursky agreed that Jepsen's voice would add a whole new sound to "Good Time," Braun brought onboard Jonathan Simkin, Jepsen's manager and co-founder of her Canada label, 604 Records. Jepsen's vocals were recorded in March in Ottawa, months after Young had produced the track earlier in the year. The two singers never met until after the single's release, finally getting together for a video shoot in early July.

For Young, "Good Time" represents the follow-up hit that the introverted electro-pop talent had been seeking since "Fireflies" helped his second full-length Owl City album, "Ocean Eyes," sell 1.1 million copies, according to SoundScan. The song "Shooting Star" was originally chosen as the impact single for The "Midsummer Station," but Bursky's team changed gears in June after "Call Me Maybe" took off. "[interscope] was looking for another single for Carly," Bursky says, "and it made a lot of sense. It just feels like a big summer record."

Bursky adds that the "Good Time" video will be released "as soon as humanly possible." He says Jepsen and Young have also locked in about a half-dozen major TV opportunities for the weeks surrounding the release of his album, in which the pop upstarts will perform together. As the song continues its top 40 push, Young will continue on a promotional tour that began July 9 in Toronto, followed by a global concert tour starting Sept. 5 in Nashville.

As for Jepsen, a solo single will likely be released before the highly anticipated arrival of her next album, and her opening stint on Bieber's fall arena tour begins Sept. 29. For the rising star's team of handlers, placing "Good Time" on her next full-length release was a no-brainer. "From our perspective, it made sense to have it on Carly's album," Simkin says. "It's a great tune."

As for Jepsen, a solo single will likely be released before the highly anticipated arrival of her next album, and her opening stint on Bieber's fall arena tour begins Sept. 29. For the rising star's team of handlers, placing "Good Time" on her next full-length release was a no-brainer. "From our perspective, it made sense to have it on Carly's album," Simkin says. "It's a great tune."

the important bit cheryl1

so if she's releasing in September, she can promote all her songs while opening for Justin cheryl1

I wonder where they'll place that song on the album. Please don't have it first katy4. The album better include the whole Curiosity - EP moo1

I guess the title won't be Call Me Maybe, or Good Time - or she would have told us. My guess is that the third single (to be announced) will be the album title too. maisy

Carly Rae tweeted yesterday that she has picked out the title for her sophomore album which is slated to be released in September - before she goes on Tour with Justin Bieber.

So far, there will be two tracks on the album that we are aware of, Call Me Maybe and Good Time. The other tracks that she is working on include a duet with Justin Bieber, a track with fun., and something she did over the phone with Redfoo (LMFAO) and previous work that she has recorded in Canada with pal, Josh Ramsay.

Today, she announced on twitter that she has been working with Bonnie McKee!!! +cheer+ The magic that these two could create is exciting! Here is just some of Bonnie's recent work:

Taio Cruz "Dynamite"

Katy Perry "Teenage Dream", "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", "California Gurls" ,"Part of Me" ,"Wide Awake"

Fefe Dobson "Thanks for Nothing"

Britney Spears "Hold It Against Me", "Inside Out", "How I Roll", "Seal It With A Kiss","Gasoline"

Kelly Clarkson "Hello", "Alone"

Adam Lambert "Cuckoo" ,"Chokehold"

Rita Ora "How We Do (Party)"

Other tracks that may appear on the album or show up as bonus tracks on international editions may include:

Curiosity (second single from Curiosity EP - Canada only)

Talk To Me (on Call Me Maybe EP - but not released in every country and Curiosity EP)

Both Sides Now (on Call Me Maybe EP and Curiosity EP)

Just a Step Away (on Curiosity EP)

Picture (on Curiosity EP)

Lost and Found (unreleased)

Alice in Wonderland (unreleased)

Dear Julien (unreleased)

Europe (unreleased)

Angels (unreleased)

Edit:July 26 - According to HDD, The album will be released on September 18th. According to Amazon, the album will be called Kiss.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Carly-Rae-Jepsen/dp/B008OTTRXU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1343352740&sr=1-1&keywords=carly+rae+jepsen

She's also working with Max Martin on a track.

Edit:Aug 8 - Official Press Release:

The Canadian singer and songwriter wrote or co-wrote songs on the album, collaborating with songwriters and producers Max Martin, Dallas Austin, LMFAO’s Redfoo, Toby Gad, Marianas Trench singer Josh Ramsay, Matthew Koma and Owl City.

Edit Aug 17 - Official Album Covers

Deluxe:

11bt0ts.jpg

zirvgy.jpg

Standard:

34xpbo0.jpg

Also, a Special Edition Deluxe will be available in Japan with a bonus DVD.

34smf08.png

The DVD will contain the CMM Video, The Making of the CMM Video, GT Video and The Making of GT Video.

Edited by ajp
New Release Info
Curiosity better be on it ny9

considering it was a hit in Canada (peaked at #18 - despite the powerful wake of CMM), it should be on it. Mind you, I still want to know what happened to the video that they shot? That thing was in the can before Good Time came out. um1

This would be an amazing record (my predictions)

Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss - September 18, 2012

Standard Edition Tracklisting

1. Call Me Maybe

2. Curiosity

3. Just A Step Away

4. Good Time (with Owl City)

5. Both Sides Now

6. New Track (feat. Fun.)

7. New Track (feat. Redfoo)

8. Talk To Me

9. Tug of War (remastered version)

10. Picture

11. New Track (produced by Bonnie McKee)

12. New Track (feat. Justin Bieber)

13. New Track

Deluxe Edition Tracklisting

Features all 13 tracks + 5 bonus songs, and 3 remixes.

14. Alice In Wonderland

15. Dear Julien

16. Europe

17. Angels

18. Lost and Found

19. Call Me Maybe (Manhattan Clique Remix)

20. Good Time (Calvin Harris Remix)

21. Curiosity (Calvin Harris Remix)

Singles:

1. Call Me Maybe [1]

2. Good Time (with Owl City) [4]

3. New Track (feat. Justin Bieber) [6]

4. Curiosity [7]

Edited by ARTPOP
This would be an amazing record (my predictions)

Carly Rae Jepsen - ?????? - September 25, 2012

Standard Edition Tracklisting

1. Call Me Maybe

2. Curiosity

3. Just A Step Away

4. Good Time (with Owl City)

5. Both Sides Now

6. New Track (feat. Fun.)

7. New Track (feat. Redfoo)

8. Talk To Me

9. Tug of War (remastered version)

10. Picture

11. New Track (produced by Bonnie McKee)

12. New Track (feat. Justin Bieber)

13. New Track

Deluxe Edition Tracklisting

Features all 13 tracks + 5 bonus songs, and 3 remixes.

14. Alice In Wonderland

15. Dear Julien

16. Europe

17. Angels

18. Lost and Found

19. Call Me Maybe (Manhattan Clique Remix)

20. Good Time (Calvin Harris Remix)

21. Curiosity (Calvin Harris Remix)

I like! Your listing would be perfect in the US.

I think the Canadian Version will be different to the US one due to the EP coming out here, and the International One could be slightly different from the US one.

I would bet the Canadian Version will come out as a standard only version - no deluxe. Here is my Guess:

1. Call Me Maybe

2. Good Time (with Owl City)

3. New Track - ft Justin Bieber (4th Cdn Single - 3rd World Wide) - released Sept 11th

4. New Track - (prod. Bonnie McKee)

5. New Track - (prod. Max Martin)

6. New Track - (ft. Redfoo)

7. New Track - (ft. fun.)

6. Dear Julien

7. Alice in Wonderland

8. Europe

9. Angels

10. New Track - (ft. Josh Ramsay)

11. Lost and Found

iTunes Canada - Exclusive Tracks

Curiosity (Live)

Curiosity (video)

Edited by ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen just dished some exclusive deets on her duet with Justin Bieber! She spilled, "The Justin song, I'm kind of sworn to secrecy on because I think we want to release it together at one moment. But the rest of the album, I'm really excited for!" Carly has been teasing her fans about the single with Justin, and we can't wait for it!

According to HDD, they have the album having a tough release day of Sept 18th. um2

09.18.12 CARLY RAE JEPSEN SCOOLBOY/INTERSCOPE DEBUT

09.18.12 CHER LLOYD STICKS & STONES SYCO/EPIC DEBUT

09.18.12 EASTON CORBIN ALL OVER THE ROAD MERCURY NASHVILLE

09.18.12 KILLERS BATTLE BORN ISLAND/IDJ

09.18.12 MICHAEL JACKSON BAD - 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION LEGACY

09.18.12 NELLY FURTADO THE SPIRIT INDESTRUCTIBLE GEFFEN

09.18.12 NE-YO R.E.D. DEF JAM/IDJ

09.18.12 P!NK TRUTH ABOUT LOVE RCA

Edited by ajp