ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

Album is done. +cheer+

Scooter Braun ‏@scooterbraun

today was a long day but a great day. ended my day with the lovely @carlyraejepsen going over album art and music. SHE IS READY!!

So Curiosity is the second single? um1

TBH its a great song but it speaks TONS of the new album tracks if they had to pick a song from her EP instead...

Where did you read that Curiosity was going to be the next single outside Canada?

Official Press Release:

This year’s breakout pop sensation Carly Rae Jepsen will release her eagerly anticipated U.S. debut album, entitled, Kiss, on September 18th via 604 Records/Schoolboy Records/Interscope Records. The Canadian singer and songwriter wrote or co-wrote songs on the album, collaborating with songwriters and producers Max Martin, Dallas Austin, LMFAO’s Redfoo, Toby Gad, Marianas Trench singer Josh Ramsay and Matthew Koma. Jepsen’s latest single “Good Time,” a duet with Owl City, has climbed to No. 3 on the Pop Chart, No. 5 on the iTunes Singles chart, and No. 13 on Billboard’s Hot 100, while the video, featuring Jepsen and Young, has racked up more than six million views on VEVO.

“These are lyric and song ideas that I have been collecting over the years,” Jepsen says of Kiss. “I can’t tell you how lucky I feel to be able to collaborate with some of my dream producers. It has been the most fulfilling experience. The record is pop. It’s inspired by Robyn, The Cars, Madonna, and believe it or not, James Taylor. I can’t wait to share it with everyone! Kiss.”

Jepsen has been riding high with the success of her smash single “Call Me Maybe,” which has sold more than 7.3 million singles worldwide and has spent eight weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100 so far, tying Goyte’s “Somebody That I Used To Know” for most weeks atop the chart this year. Certified quintuple-platinum in Jepsen’s native Canada (where it also hit No. 1), the track is an international sensation, climbing to No. 1 in the iTunes Singles charts in over 37 countries including the U.S. U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Norway and more. It also earned her a 2012 MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best New Artist.

To celebrate the upcoming release of Kiss, Jepsen will make a series of high-profile TV appearances in August. She will perform “Call Me Maybe” and “Good Time” with Owl City on The Today Show on August 23rd, and at the Arthur Ashe Kids Day at the U.S. Open on CBS on August 26th. She will also perform “Good Time” with Owl City on America’s Got Talent on August 22nd, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on August 28th, and on Conan on August 29th. Jepsen has already performed at the Billboard Music Awards and the Teen Choice Awards, and well as on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Live! With Kelly, and The View, and was featured as “Person of the Week” on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer.

This fall, Jepsen hits the road with Justin Bieber as a very special guest on the multi-platinum Pop/R&B star’s 2012 headlining tour of North America. For details, please visit www.carlyraemusic.com.

This could be incredibly amazing, with Max Martin and Toby Gad backing her. LMFAO's Redfoo worries me a bit, but okay.. She better deliver though ny9

I don't think it'll be a big club LMFAO track. Apparently he did a duet with Ariana Grande and it was like a regular pop song. I'm sure it's just a duet or something.

I wonder what happened with the fun. collabo too