ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

Now that she is starting her promotions around the world, it's time for her own Artist Thread.

Carly-Rae-Jepsen-Wallpaper.jpeg

Today she'll have her US debut performance on The Ellen Show. Please, check your local listing to find the time she'll be on in your area. For me, Ellen aires at 2 pm, and most likely, Carly Rae will perform during the last segment of the show.

Today, Ellen has a show for the history books!

It starts with the biggest movie star in the world, JULIA ROBERTS! Julia was here last year for the first time to surprise Ellen for her birthday! Now she's back to catch Ellen up on her life with her husband and her beautiful children, as well as the new movie she's starring in, "Mirror Mirror."

Then, CARLY RAE JEPSEN is about to make a huge splash on the music scene! She's being introduced by the pop icon who discovered her. That's right -- JUSTIN BIEBER is in the house!

Plus, one of the handsomest and brightest new stars in Hollywood is also starring in one of the most anticipated films of the year! LIAM HEMSWORTH plays Gale in "The Hunger Games," and he's here to tell Ellen all about it, and about growing up with his brother Chris, better known as Thor!

If you would like a badge of Carly Rae Jepsen to have under your Avatar...Please click on link:

http://fotpforums.com/topic/88751-managing-your-awards/?p=2732990

edit: August 2020

EehCiGtXYAAqeDW?format=jpg&name=4096x409

edit: December 2022

CSPC-Carly-Rae-Jepsen-albums-and-songs-s
or a better graphic with world wide total sales of each album

FkqD4m7WQAMAitV?format=jpg&name=large

Nice article on Billboard.com today.

Anyone wishing to write off Carly Rae Jepsen as another flash-in-the pan viral video sensation can stop right now. The young singer/songwriter has far greater aspirations than the typical YouTube star du jour: She wants to creat music as meaningful as Van Morrison's.

Less than two months after fellow Canadian Justin Bieber tweeted on Dec. 30 that Jepsen's latest single "Call Me Maybe" (No. 23 on the Billboard Hot 100) was "possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard" Bieber, girlfriend Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, as well as several Disney and Nickelodeon TV stars, created a video featuring all of them dancing to and singing the song. The clip notched 25 million views and "Maybe" bowed at No. 38 on the Hot 100 on March 10.

Bieber manager Scooter Braun, founder of Schoolboy Records and SB Projects, which signed Jepsen, says his teen sensation didn't make the song a hit; it was already exploding on its own. "We didn't announce our involvement until it had been No. 1 in Canada on her own, without Justin," says Braun, who notes that Jepsen topped the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 on Feb. 11, a full week before the video was posted.

Jepsen definitely won't be a one-hit wonder -- at least if Braun has anything to say about it. "If I thought this was a single deal, I would not have signed her," he says. "Carly Rae Jepsen is a superstar. I'm not saying this because she's my artist, I'm being dead serious…she is the real deal. Just like when people looked closer and saw Justin is the real deal."

Jepsen, who says she was "shocked" to realize Beieber and friends had made the video, was a Top 3 contestant on "Canadian Idol." She released her singer/songwriter-focused debut album in Canada in 2008, but has now found herself inching toward pop.

"I grew up with James Taylor and Van Morrison so my roots naturally led to that when I began writing and I will forever have a love for that music," she begins when describing her upcoming album, expected in September. "My tastes are changing and what my ear is attracted to are the La Rouxs, Robyns, and Dragonettes of the world. I guess if you combine my love of Van Morrison and James Taylor with my new love of Robyn and La Roux, and whatever 'Call Me Maybe' is, [that signals what] is coming up."

"'Call Me Maybe' is the best pop record of the last five years," Braun says. "What's exciting is she's going to have this gigantic single and then I know for a fact she is going to follow up with [more] incredible music and a beautiful voice. And she can do it live. I'm excited for her. She's the kind of person girls can look up to."

Looking to future music, Jepsen and Braun have confirmed a Bieber/Jepsen collaboration has happened but it is unsure if it will appear on either artists' albums.

As accomplished as The Biebs may be, Jepsen does have one accomplishment on her new label mate. "Call Me Maybe" has topped the Canadian Hot 100, a feat only accomplished by five other Canadian acts -- including the likes of Avril Lavigne and Nelly Furtado.

"I feel ultimately honored to be mentioned among those names. These are all artists I look up to in a big way. I have their music, they've been on my records since I can remember. It's really hard to believe. It's cool because at the same time, it's all that I've all ever been working for," she says of the feat.

Jepsen's focus is on par with her business cohorts. "My whole goal in this is to write that one song that lasts after your dead, that has an impact on people," she says. "I know that's what Van Morrison was for my family. It was 'Moondance' at those family parties. To this day, I can't hear that song without almost having a tear in my eye with the memories it evokes. I just want to write music like that. I think if there's one thing I want people to know is that I won't rest til I have."

Note: The Canadian Hot 100 was started in 2008 - so that is why she is only the fifth Canadian to top it, anything before 2008 was on separate radio and sales charts.

On Good Morning America and The View tomorrow (Monday). I'll be stuck on a plane - so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see the clips. If anyone gets them, please post the Youtube clips here. Thanks

on MTV - Carly Rae answers Twitter Questions sent to her by fans.

@AmericanBiebz: We all know what Justin thought of Carly at first, so we wanna know: What was Carly's first impression of Justin?

Carly Rae Jepsen: I thought he was charming. He's extremely talented — and, I mean, obviously that's pretty well-known — but in ways that I didn't realize. I knew that he sang, I knew that he was sort of infectious in his personality, I knew that he danced, but I didn't know how strong of a songwriter he was, and my first introduction to him was actually in his studio and he played me a couple songs he had written, and I was really impressed and I was so glad, because I really, really liked him.

@majojimenz: Is Justin planning on taking Carly with him on tour?

Jepsen: I don't know! We'll have to ask Justin, but at this point we have no real idea of when we are going to be touring.

@EmmaJaneGander: Would you ever do a duet with Selena Gomez?

Jepsen: Yeah, I think I'm open to collaborating with anybody. I have, like, a dream list of people that I want to collaborate with. John Mayer is on that list and Taylor Swift, actually. I think she's an amazing songwriter. I would imagine that would be a cool combination.

@JustinsEyebrow: Do you think you have a certain style of music, or are you up for anything?

Jepsen: I definitely have a bit of boundaries of what I like and what would be suitable to who I am as an artist, but I don't want to put too many limits on it at the same time. Right now, I'm really attracted to pop music, I love dance songs and artists like Robyn and La Roux. And then I come from a folky background, so I would say my music is kind of a combination of all those things, but that doesn't mean I can't experiment more, fall in love with something else down the line.

@lovedbybieber: If Carly could change one thing in the world, what would it be?

Jepsen: World hunger.

@shortstufff21: If you could change anything about you what would it be and why?

Jepsen: I would be taller than 5'2, have some legs on me.

@carlyraeheart: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Jepsen: I believe in a very strong feeling about somebody, very strong lust at first sight. I wouldn't go as far as love, because I feel like love takes time.

Carly Rae Jepsen has revealed that she has recorded a duet with Justin Bieber.

The singer, who is signed to Schoolboy Records (run by Bieber and his manager Scooter Braun), admitted that she has worked on a "top-secret" project with the 'Boyfriend' star.

"We collaborated on one song together, but in general, I was blown away by Justin," Rae Jepsen told MTV. "He's so down-to-earth and very charming and very talented.

"It's still a little top-secret, but it's going to be coming out soon, I hope. It's a really lovely song. The way he presented it was pretty cool. It was my first time meeting him."

Rae Jepsen also confessed that the collaboration is "stripped-down", "pretty casual" and more of a traditional duet.

Tour Dates for the Summer.

Date: May 12th 2012

Time: 7:00pm

City: Los Angeles

Venue: Home Depot Center

Notes: KIIS FM’s WangoTango

Date: May 22nd 2012

City: Philadelphia, PA

Venue: Wells Fargo Center

Notes: Q102′s Springle Ball 2012

Date: June 16th 2012

City: Winnipeg, MB

Venue: Red River Festival

Age restrictions: All Ages

Date: June 30th 2012

City: Owen Sound, ON

Venue: Big Music Fest

Date: July 4th 2012

City: Peterborough, ON

Venue: Little Lake Music Festival

Date: July 14th 2012

City: Grand Falls Windsor, NFLD

Venue: Salmon Festival

Salmon Festival Bitchez! antm1

VEVO interview from the Juno Awards, April 1st. Carly Rae talks about Justin Bieber and what's next on her schedule, like promo in the UK, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand.

According to HDD, Carly Rae will have an album out in the fall.

604 Records/Schoolboy/Interscope Canadian pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen is the first signing to Justin Bieber and Scooter Braun’s new UMG label. Her first single, “Call Me Maybe,” is already a smash, Top 10 on the Hot 200, with Top 40 and Hot Adult falling into line. It has already topped the singles charts in Canada, U.K., Australia and Ireland. The YouTube video, featuring Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale lip-synching the song has racked up more than 34 milion views, with the official vid adding another 30 million to that total. She has already appeared on Ellen, Good Morning America and The View, with an LP slated for the fall. The British Columbia native originally placed third on the 2007 Canadian Idol. She recently performed at the Universal City Walk.

According to HDD, Carly Rae will have an album out in the fall.

604 Records/Schoolboy/Interscope Canadian pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen is the first signing to Justin Bieber and Scooter Braun’s new UMG label. Her first single, “Call Me Maybe,” is already a smash, Top 10 on the Hot 200, with Top 40 and Hot Adult falling into line. It has already topped the singles charts in Canada, U.K., Australia and Ireland. The YouTube video, featuring Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale lip-synching the song has racked up more than 34 milion views, with the official vid adding another 30 million to that total. She has already appeared on Ellen, Good Morning America and The View, with an LP slated for the fall. The British Columbia native originally placed third on the 2007 Canadian Idol. She recently performed at the Universal City Walk.