ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

Another summer event booked:

NPR Music’s Turning the Tables Live: 21st-Century Edition
Music and conversation with:
Carly Rae Jepsen
Jamila Woods
I’m With Her (Sara Watkins, Sarah Jarosz, and Aoife O’Donovan)
and others to be announced
Wednesday, August 1 at 7:30 pm
Damrosch Park Bandshell
Last summer, NPR Music and Lincoln Center radically changed how we talk about the history of popular music with the publication of the 150 Greatest Albums Made By Women list and a live show at Lincoln Center Out of Doors celebrating those albums. This marked the beginning of the Turning the Tables project, a challenge to think bigger about music’s past, present, and future by highlighting voices often relegated to its margins. This year, NPR’s Turning the Tables Live: 21st-Century Edition shifts focus toward a new generation of artists claiming center stage. To celebrate, we present a night of music and conversation with Grammy-nominated, multiplatinum recording artist and singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen; visionary Chicago R&B artist and poet Jamila Woods; Americana supergroup I’m With Her; and more.

August is booking up - Another Canadian gig:

The album must be coming in August. Way too many events now for her to just play her 2012-2015 hits. cry7

2 hours ago, Music Meister said:

shes just going to perform songs from Emotion u know.

I feel like its never coming 

She has to be up to 125 songs by now. giveup1

Okay, hi I'm the new kid, but more importantly what on Earth is the tea with this record? I've been a around since before this girl cracked America but every day I don't get more music from her kills me slowly.

If she puts out an album even half as good as B-Sides - probably the best content ever released by, well, just about anyone ever - I'll be happy. I just need some news, it's been years since we got something now!

And if she delivers, I'll try not to whine and beg to hear every song she recorded for it (still waiting to hear the other 200 songs from the last era and I'll probably die disappointed). There's literally no artist ever who I think compares to this woman - I need as much material as I can get. ohno1

55 minutes ago, IDGAF said:

Okay, hi I'm the new kid, but more importantly what on Earth is the tea with this record? I've been a around since before this girl cracked America but every day I don't get more music from her kills me slowly.

If she puts out an album even half as good as B-Sides - probably the best content ever released by, well, just about anyone ever - I'll be happy. I just need some news, it's been years since we got something now!

And if she delivers, I'll try not to whine and beg to hear every song she recorded for it (still waiting to hear the other 200 songs from the last era and I'll probably die disappointed). There's literally no artist ever who I think compares to this woman - I need as much material as I can get. ohno1

Yay! Another CRJ fan cry7

The problem with her is that she over thinks everything...she won't release anything until she knows it's all ready for us - scrapping perfectly good pop songs along the way. It's torture! fall8