ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

15 minutes ago, Honey said:

@ajp is this site legit??

https://shop.carlyraemusic.com/

Yes. It’s her official webpage store for the US. If you live outside the US, you won’t be able to get any digital copy, just physical editions and merchandise.

alex1

If you in UK/EU, use her Universal Webstore (different selection)

https://store.universalmusic.com/carlyraejepsen/

Her Canadian Webstore has nothing but digital at the moment. 
https://604shop.com/collections/carly-rae-jepsen

20 minutes ago, ajp said:

Yes. It’s her official webpage store for the US. If you live outside the US, you won’t be able to get any digital copy, just physical editions and merchandise.

alex1

If you in UK/EU, use her Universal Webstore (different selection)

https://store.universalmusic.com/carlyraejepsen/

Her Canadian Webstore has nothing but digital at the moment. 
https://604shop.com/collections/carly-rae-jepsen

UGH YES giveup1 I wish the CD was signed. I really don’t do LPs 

*slips Carly another sword* “sign the cd?”

17 minutes ago, Honey said:

UGH YES giveup1 I wish the CD was signed. I really don’t do LPs 

*slips Carly another sword* “sign the cd?”

Buy the Signed CD and cassette from her EU Webstore...They ship from Spain - so it takes a month to arrive, though um1

11 minutes ago, ajp said:

Buy the Signed CD and cassette from her EU Webstore...They ship from Spain - so it takes a month to arrive, though um1

It says it doesn’t ship to US giveup3 

Just now, Honey said:

It says it doesn’t ship to US giveup3 

No! I was able to order Dedicated CD last year to Canada. cry4

I haven’t decided to buy the physical yet. I’m waiting to see what 604 Records puts out. rav3

19 minutes ago, Honey said:

@ajp do you know if target is carrying the CDs??

I don’t think so. Like Emotion Side B, it was only available on her Webstores....except Japan where Emotion Side B+ was available in stores.

Since her Webstores (US, CAN, EU/UK) are doing pre-orders. They will probably only print what they need to fill orders. So, don’t wait if you want a CD. 

10 minutes ago, ajp said:

I don’t think so. Like Emotion Side B, it was only available on her Webstores....except Japan where Emotion Side B+ was available in stores.

Since her Webstores (US, CAN, EU/UK) are doing pre-orders. They will probably only print what they need to fill orders. So, don’t wait if you want a CD. 

Ah dammit, fair. Do you think it’s worth waiting to try and get the Japan deluxe version?

2 minutes ago, Honey said:

Ah dammit, fair. Do you think it’s worth waiting to try and get the Japan deluxe version?

I’m getting the Japanese version once Amazon Japan posts it. Amazon US will carry the Japanese version as an “Import” at an import price. You also get two bonus tracks and it will be in a proper CD Jewel Case.

All product is being released in June, anyway. 

1 hour ago, ajp said:

I’m getting the Japanese version once Amazon Japan posts it. Amazon US will carry the Japanese version as an “Import” at an import price. You also get two bonus tracks and it will be in a proper CD Jewel Case.

All product is being released in June, anyway. 

Okay then I think I’m gonna wait for that!! I think the two tracks will be worth it. Especially since I love LBF. 
also, heartbeat has been on repeat all day 

9 minutes ago, Honey said:

Okay then I think I’m gonna wait for that!! I think the two tracks will be worth it. Especially since I love LBF. 
also, heartbeat has been on repeat all day 

I looked into the cost from ordering directly from Amazon Japan and it will be $33 US. I will send you a link when they post it. maisy

23 minutes ago, ajp said:

I looked into the cost from ordering directly from Amazon Japan and it will be $33 US. I will send you a link when they post it. maisy

Awe thank you!!!

Interesting concept in Japan:

HYPER_%E3%81%8A%E3%81%86%E3%81%A1%E3%83%

3 Days and 3 Labels - Hyper Home Festival 2020. Music Videos aired by new and established artists popular in Japan.

“Switched on Pop” Podcast is up:

https://switchedonpop.com/episodes/carly-rae-jepsen-meeting-the-muse

Taped just before Dedicated Side B was released.

Transcript:

Charlie Harding 

It is the one-year anniversary of Dedicated. What were you wanting to accomplish on that record?

Carly Rae Jepsen

I had a mission statement to start off with, but I ended up straying very far away from that. I had this fake album title called Music to Clean Your House To. I thought, that’s when I listen to music at this age. It’s not raging, it’s chill, disco kind of sounds [that] sounded interesting to me.

But the idea of it being exclusively disco was sort of pigeonholing me ’cause it wasn’t coming out naturally. I think “Julien” [the first song on the record] is the closest thing I got to it, but the rest of the album went in different directions — ’90s, ’80s, all the colors. I let go of the rules of knowing exactly what I was going to make and just allowed myself to play in all the genres of pop that I was attracted to.

Charlie Harding 

You have a brand new release, Dedicated Side B. How did it come together? 

Carly Rae Jepsen

I have a reputation with my label that I think, at this point, it’s kind of common knowledge that I’m a bit of an overwriter.

Charlie Harding 

What do you mean by that?

Carly Rae Jepsen

Well, I write all the time. Even when I don’t have a project right now, I’m writing. It’s very therapeutic for me. It’s my greatest joy. So it’s not like this is just my job. Songwriting is something that I am very passionate about. The truth is, by the time Emotion was ready, I had 200 songs to select from. And same with Dedicated. That’s a lot, right?

My publisher says I store songs in my cheeks like a chipmunk. But it was really hard to select [which ones to put on the album], because there were a lot of different places that I experimented with. ... I always kind of knew that I wanted Dedicated to be a two-part album.

I once said when I was done with this album, “Would it be weird to release, like, a 50-song deluxe [edition]?” Like, yeah, that’s weird. No one does that. Okay. We’ll start with 17 and then we’ll get to the rest later. And it’s kind of fun to do it on the one-year anniversary. I’m kind of making a tradition with that.

Nate Sloan

You’re not alone in hoarding songs. The songwriter Irving Berlin [the grandfather of the American Songbook] had what he called his trunk songs, which was literally a trunk filled with hundreds of songs that had never been published. Occasionally, he would pull one out. For example, “God Bless America” was a song that sat in his trunk for 30 years. And then he was like, “Let’s try this.” The song almost became the national anthem.

Carly Rae Jepsen

That’s amazing. I call them albums that I’ve buried in my backyard. I have an entire album called Disco Sweat that no one will ever hear. It was really fun to make, though. “Cut to the Feeling” is a good example of that. It was never going to come out. And then I did a voiceover for the cartoon film Ballerina, and they were like, “Do you have any tunes?” And I’m like, “Well, this one’s very theatrical. I think it could work.” So that’s sort of how I roll. [The song made the year-end best lists on Billboard, Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, and Vanity Fair.]

Nate Sloan

You have hundreds of songs buried in your backyard — how do you choose which ones go on the album?

Carly Rae Jepsen

I go a little crazy. That’s when I turn to my friends and my family. We have these listening parties at my house where I feed everyone and give them copious amounts of wine hoping that they’ll have opinions about the music. And then they all send in their votes to me, including my bandmates, my manager, and girlfriend Alex — she sends me notes in the night. There starts to be at least six to eight common songs that are all resonating with people. Then I pick the rest myself from my favorites and fill in the blanks of what’s missing from the album.

I take the album quite seriously as a whole body of work that I really, really want to get right. I’ll rate the songs for energy level, and if there’s too many fives, then I’ll think, what’s a two? Where do we put the one? And I also rate the songs on subject matter. I’ll give each song a word — like “In My Room” was sex — and I’ll look for all the different emotions.

Nate Sloan

Is there color-coding involved?

Carly Rae Jepson

I could show you the boards. They’re embarrassing.

Nate Sloan

There’s a board? Like you’re trying to catch a serial killer or something?

Carly Rae Jepsen

Yeah. It’s like A Beautiful Mind. Actually, it’s embarrassing, because I have them out about my house and I forget. Then if I ever have somebody come over, beforehand, I would be like, “Don’t look at that, I promise.”

Charlie Harding 

What are some of the other themes that people are going to hear on this Dedicated Side Brecord?

Carly Rae Jepsen

I tried to explore a lot of different things. The opening track, “This Love Isn’t Crazy,” only ended up making the album at the last minute and is now my favorite track. I wanted to open with something really theatrical. With “Julien,” the opening song on Dedicated, I went really subtle. So I wanted to flip the switch and just be like, “Welcome to love, everyone! We’re going to have a party! Stop cleaning your house!” 

I also wanted to acknowledge the loneliness that some people might be going through. So I slipped in a song called “Solo” for that very reason. It’s a song that sort of hooks on to, like, “So what? You’re not in love? We’re going to shine bright on yourself dancing solo!” I was looking for motivational, uplifting sort of feelings.

Nate Sloan

You described yourself as an overwriter, perhaps a workaholic in some ways. Which suggests that even though you’re just putting out this record, you’re still writing. What are you working on right now?

Carly Rae Jepsen

Tavish [Crowe, Jepsen’s main songwriting partner] and I have already made an entire quarantine album. And it’s very different. It’s kind of fun. We have to do it from Zoom. It’s been a challenge, but a really fun one. You write differently that way. You have more time to have space in between the decisions you’re making, and more time to be away from the song for a minute. So I find it to be a whole new style of writing. I really like it.

Charlie Harding 

Well, that’s really encouraging for us, because we’re vibing off this Dedicated Side B record, and we are excited to see what continues to emerge. 

Carly Rae Jepsen

Thank you. I mean, maybe a little of the joint Disco Sweat in the backyard. We’ll see.

Nate Sloan

Carly, this has been so much fun. Thank you for joining us and thank you for giving us a reason to talk about pop music every week for the last five years. This is all your fault.

Carly Rae Jepsen

Well, I’m very sorry, but thank you so much.

Highlights I picked from reddit:

EY9IDpSWoAA4WXY?format=jpg&name=large

1 minute ago, TMCSC said:

Thanks but I wanted the cover art without the pink japanese banner to use it for Dedicated Side B.

Sorry, I wish I could have helped. I didn’t buy this edition from Japan. gaga12