ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen

5 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

She is so quiet right now. I think she just wants to spend her time with her family as the pandemic is not over yet.

She gets quiet when she is about to release something rav3

@ajp The biggest injustice of the present music industry is that the GP chose Taylor Swift as their main female pop artist instead of Carly Rae Jepsen despite the fact that Carly's music is much better than Taylor (note: my account's name was just random, I'm not a Taylor stan). The weakness of Taylor's music is that the production of her songs is incredibly bland / sonically boring.

Taylor is getting and has gotten all the awards and commercial success that Carly should have had. 

That being said, by being a niche artist instead of a major pop star, Carly doesn't have to deal with media scrutiny and internet hatred like Taylor has to. Carly can live a peaceful life while remaining rich by Call Me Maybe's royalties and selling out theaters, so I'm happy for her (despite the injustice thing I mentioned previously of course). Like AJP said, we should just enjoy Carly's music and go to her concerts if we want to support her instead of dwelling too much on numbers.

4 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

@ajp The biggest injustice of the present music industry is that the GP chose Taylor Swift as their main female pop artist instead of Carly Rae Jepsen despite the fact that Carly's music is much better than Taylor (note: my account's name was just random, I'm not a Taylor stan). The weakness of Taylor's music is that the production of her songs is incredibly bland / sonically boring.

Taylor is getting and has gotten all the awards and commercial success that Carly should have had. 

It’s hard to compare female artists. Taylor started out as a young American Country Artist and she did well building a local base of fans, just like CRJ did with Pop Music. When TS started to crossover into pop, she just kept building her fans. I don’t think the GP even knew her until Kanye West got up on stage and took her MTV award away for Beyoncé, that the Public started to acknowledge her. She became a tabloid star overnight, and it just kept going with her string of failed relationships. All music has merit especially if fans continue to support it - just look at BTS for that. Taylor is not Carly’s contemporary…even if they both work in the same musical circles (Jack Antonoff), CRJ is focusing on her own path, not trying to be like anyone else. 

6 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

She has been posting on Instagram a lot recently. Notice that?

That’s a good sign. She gave up control of her Twitter account to her assistant, years ago. So her Tweets are always for promotion whereas she still posts on Instagram herself giving fans hints at what she is up to. 

8 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

Do you know / can you guess why?  Her being too busy? 

It wasn’t that she was busy. I just think Twitter was too distracting for her and she made a decision to just post Music related posts - keep it business like. Even though she gave control up, she does post now and then. You can tell that it’s her versus her assistant.

Funny, fans post all this crap to her Twitter handle, and I would bet she never sees 99% of it. sia2

9 hours ago, taylor1989 said:

She changed her instagram profile picture!

Can you post the photo here? I don’t have an Instagram account and they block their pages unless one signs-up brit12

23 hours ago, ajp said:

It wasn’t that she was busy. I just think Twitter was too distracting for her and she made a decision to just post Music related posts - keep it business like. Even though she gave control up, she does post now and then. You can tell that it’s her versus her assistant.

Funny, fans post all this crap to her Twitter handle, and I would bet she never sees 99% of it. sia2

I agree with you that she doesn't use Twitter except when she announces her music and her tour because reading all the crap on Twitter drives her to distraction. She was born in 1985 in Canada, which meant she spent her whole childhood WITHOUT the internet and her teenage years WITHOUT social media. She is from the generation who experienced life differently from kids today whose lives revolve around social media. 

One advantage of social media is that it makes information more easily accessible though. When she announced new music or new tour, the whole world knew about it. 

14 minutes ago, taylor1989 said:

I agree with you that she doesn't use Twitter except when she announces her music and her tour because reading all the crap on Twitter drives her to distraction. She was born in 1985 in Canada, which meant she spent her whole childhood WITHOUT the internet and her teenage years WITHOUT social media. She is from the generation who experienced life differently from kids today whose lives revolve around social media. 

One advantage of social media is that it makes information more easily accessible though. When she announced new music or new tour, the whole world knew about it. 

True for today’s generation. She still got out there, doing a reality talent competition on TV at 21 and she did have a “MySpace” account. So different 15 years, ago. 

hqdefault.jpg

Also, on a side-note: When CMM hit big worldwide she literally followed everyone on Twitter that sent her a Tweet to follow back. She’s never deleted any of those followers from 2012. It was how she built up free promo.