LÉON

Kate Bush

Let me just spill some tea for you, because I think it's time people started stanning a true legend.

Kate Bush was the first woman to have a UK #1 with a self-penned song, and the first solo female to have a UK #1 album. Aged just 20, she set up her own music publishing company and her own management company. She was the first mainstream artist to use a headset mic. Let's face it, where would our all-singing, all-dancing faves be without it today? brit35

She has produced or co-produced every damn album she has ever released, the last 6. The first 3 she co-produced. She has written every damn song she has ever recorded for her studio albums. She choreographed and directed pretty much all of her own music videos.

She has an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music. That's not just a BRIT or a Grammy gulls, that's an award for songwriting and composing, something most of our faves are unlikely to ever get brit35 She has also influenced swathes of modern musicians, from Florence + The Machine to Goldfrapp, from Bjork to Muse, even OutKast cites her as an influence.

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

Were Wuthering Heights and Running Up That Hill too mainstream to be included in your original post? madonna4

Have you purchased Director's Cut yet Beren? cry1

Edited by ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤
oprah1 I finally need to buy a Kate Bush album.

Start with The Whole Story - it has all her main singles from 1978-1985, and is the best starting point for this unique artist oprah1

Were Wuthering Heights and Running Up That Hill too mainstream to be included in your original post? madonna4

Have you purchased Director's Cut yet Beren? cry1

Is using the default FOTP font too mainstream for you Eoghan? sha1

I was only allowed to use 5 videos, and I figured since RUTH had already been posted by Daniel and Wuthering Heights might scare away the horses I'd pick softer, more accessible songs.

Director's Cut disappointed me greatly. I don't like The Sensual World or The Red Shoes that much anyway, and instead of cutting down songs like Deeper Understanding she extended them.

Plus her voice isn't what it once was.

Guest runaway.
Start with The Whole Story - it has all her main singles from 1978-1985, and is the best starting point for this unique artist oprah1

I'll look for it in some stores tomorrow. oprah1

Guest runaway.
It went Gold in Germany so I expect they'll have it oprah1

I really hope so. oprah1

I've been looking at her CDs for some months now. Never really got to buy one, though.

I really hope so. oprah1

I've been looking at her CDs for some months now. Never really got to buy one, though.

Why not? You need her music in your life cry5

Guest runaway.

I finally bought music of her. cry1 Unfortunately I could not find "The Whole Story" anywhere, so I bought "Hounds of Love" and "The Kick Inside".

And OMG, "Hounds of Love" is like pure gold. cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'> This album really is so damn good!

I finally bought music of her. cry1 Unfortunately I could not find "The Whole Story" anywhere, so I bought "Hounds of Love" and "The Kick Inside".

And OMG, "Hounds of Love" is like pure gold. cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'> This album really is so damn good!

I hope you got the special edition with Burning Bridge and Be King To My Mistakes as bonus tracks antm1 If not, you need to check them out. They shit all over the second half of HoL sass1 As for TKI... a patchy ablum at best. Strange Phenomena, L'amour and the 3 singles are the only tracks I can bare to listen to now.

The gays aside I think we have a generally similar viewpoint when it comes to current affairs from the posts I've seen of yours in the Great Debate section, but regardless I do love and appreciate what you've got to say even when I disagree with it shake2

But here's the cover for the updated Running Up That Hill, which has been described by someone at the video shoot as "funky", so at least it won't be reduced to a glacial pace. I know the Director's Cut got a mixed to negative to meh response but I think this song might benefit from a modern touch: make it more spooky and ethereal.

51Qtw1kSkmL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

(it looks like a Lost poster)

And here's Jude Law filming for the video, uploaded by one of the crew.

AxHn-1cCAAAHmDq.jpg:large

This all potentially leads up to another Greatest Hits album "Revisiting the Whole Story" which, according to a website that tracks upcoming releases and is normally reliable, is a limited double CD/DVD featuring 35 videos that will be released in November; the source was right about the new RUTH single, but they have since taken down the info, so who knows.

But yeah, I think it's looking likely the new RUTH will be featured in the closing ceremony, but not live. I don't want to get my hopes up, as it will probably just be played in the background, or even more likely, the release has nothing to do with the event and it will limp up to #89 on iTunes before disappearing completely.

antm1 Sending the love and respect right back down the 140 route to you to be honest.

fall3.gif' alt='fall2'> The Lost shade dead1 I would have thought she would have put in the (A Deal With God) part at last, seeing as we live in less easily-offended times now. If it's anything like the snooze-a-thon that was DC then I will have to put the original on repeat until I can drown out the new version...

Jude Law in the video though shock1 Does that mean she's not going to be in it? AGAIN? She needs to make an appearance this time cry5 Why is he dressed up like Genghis Khan or something? fall4

Considering she has risen her profile a lot in the last year or so, she owes it to us to do a live performance! Revisiting The Whole Story sounds amazing oprah2 My next post will be the songs I think should be featured on it.

Edited by Virgo
Guest runaway.
I hope you got the special edition with Burning Bridge and Be King To My Mistakes as bonus tracks antm1 If not, you need to check them out. They shit all over the second half of HoL sass1 As for TKI... a patchy ablum at best. Strange Phenomena, L'amour and the 3 singles are the only tracks I can bare to listen to now.

Unfortunately, no. Seems like I only got the standard edition. I will definately look for these songs on YT! Oh, and I have to agree with you about TKI. I still find it hard to go through the whole album because it ist just a little too... I don't exactly what it is, but it's not really a album I would listen to. gaga4 But yeah, the songs you mentioned are amazing. Especially "Strange Phenomena". :flutter:

My personal preferences:

Revisiting The Whole Story

DISC ONE

01 | Wuthering Heights

02 | The Man With The Child In His Eyes

03 | Hammer Horror

04 | Wow

05 | Them Heavy People (Live)

06 | Breathing

07 | Babooshka

08 | Army Dreamers

09 | Sat In Your Lap

10 | The Dreaming

11 | There Goes A Tenner

12 | Suspended In Gaffa

13 | Running Up That Hill

14 | Cloudbusting

15 | Hounds Of Love

16 | The Big Sky

17 | Experiment IV

DISC TWO

01 | The Sensual World

02 | This Woman's Work

03 | Love & Anger

04 | Rubberband Girl

05 | Eat The Music

06 | Moments Of Pleasure

07 | The Red Shoes

08 | And So Is Love

09 | King Of The Mountain

10 | How To Be Invisible

11 | Deeper Understanding (2011)

12 | Wild Man

13 | Lake Tahoe

BONUS:

14 | December Will Be Magic Again

15 | Don't Give Up (w/ Peter Gabriel)

16 | Be Kind To My Mistakes (from the film Castaway)

17 | Rocket Man

18 | The Man I Love (w/ Larry Adler)

19 | Lyra (from the film The Golden Compass)

antm1

Unfortunately, no. Seems like I only got the standard edition. I will definately look for these songs on YT! Oh, and I have to agree with you about TKI. I still find it hard to go through the whole album because it ist just a little too... I don't exactly what it is, but it's not really a album I would listen to. gaga4 But yeah, the songs you mentioned are amazing. Especially "Strange Phenomena". :flutter:

70s Kate is her at her vocal and musical worst. Someone on another forum once said that Kate only got really good when she discovered how to drive her songs with percussion on The Dreaming, and I'm inclined to agree. The cabaret sound on TKI and Lionheart is just too cloying for my liking.

Kate Bush is fantastic. A true visionary. She has always cared for artistic integrity. That's why her music is so brilliant and timless.

Stan :gaycat:

Faves?

Stan :gaycat:

Faves?

I am not a stan. First I was a big fan of Madonna and pop music. I knew who was Kate Bush, but i didn't pay much attention to her.

But when I started to listen to her, I realized her music is so alive. So magical and surreal, so... It is impossible to describe it.

Her first albums are still a little bit weird for me, but I like almost everthing from The Dreaming till now.

King Of The Mountain is simply amazing.  Red Shoes captures the energy of fairy tales, magic shoes and dance. Nocturnal is celestial and epic.

I have never met anyone  in real life who likes Kate Bush. People should give her a chance and not just listen to Wuthering Hights and say she sounds like a witch.