Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

phugphag

How can she unflop the era?

She can't. It's gonna be worse than Bionic, she's not the same since she sang with GaGa. And seriously, the new song is TERRIBLE, it won't help to sell the album.

Tbh I can see this smashing hard at Urban - its her "Look At Me Now" type record: its just not cut out for Pop fans, but great for her urban folks.

Now she needs a "Yeah x3" type song and then a "Deuces" type cross-format smash.

I think a flop era is good for every artist, because it makes them try harder next time and makes them understand that people will not support everything. Beyonce have had lots of easy success and lots of awards without any major drawbacks, a major flop will do her only good in a longer run.

Tbh I can see this smashing hard at Urban - its her "Look At Me Now" type record: its just not cut out for Pop fans, but great for her urban folks.

Now she needs a "Yeah x3" type song and then a "Deuces" type cross-format smash.

It's 2011 boo. Urban format is about as relevant as Christian Country, Instrumental Bluegrass, Latin Gospel etc. +laughcry+

She's flopping harder than my mum doing a quiz about pop music.

She should move on to single No. 2. If she already has a video for this one, she should release it to raise her profile but leave it as a single. It's a flop.

It's 2011 boo. Urban format is about as relevant as Christian Country, Instrumental Bluegrass, Latin Gospel etc. +laughcry+

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Well...try telling that to Keyshia Cole or Monica :tehe:

But seriously. Urban can still be profitable, in terms of album sales and touring etc. That's why Bey, Rihanna, Chris, etc, basically anyone who can straddle both Urban and Pop, can make big money and score huge hits - its alot easier for a cross-over Bey song to hit 100 million than it is for someone like Britney who has only Pop format behind her.

Things are a hot mess right now with this flopping harder than Not Myself Tonight, Loverboy etc. This is on the levels of a Leann Rimes comeback tbh. She needs to bring her A-game.

Options as of now:

- call this a buzz single and release a decent song.

- promote it hard and release a remix

- fully fledged head-shaving, plate-smashing meltdown

- Do a Christina Aguilera. In other words, do nothing. Sit at home eating Cheetos getting fat.

LOL BIONCI. Option 3 is also appealing, let her do a Britney, perform on VMA's in undies then have a single debut in top 5. Yeah that's good.

I Kid.

Pipi is right. This era is a fucking mess. The song is like #90 on iToons and already losing airplay. It charted lower than No Myself Tonight and NMT was still #65 on iTunes at that time.

- Do a Christina Aguilera. In other words, do nothing. Sit at home eating Cheetos getting fat.

+laughcry+

I think she just needs to release some catchy danceable shit with lyrics about being better and promote it as hell and that's all.

Go figure this was produced by Switch, who also produced the bulk of Bionic +tehe3+

Yeah, and partly written by The-Dream, who was one of the writers/producers on every track on 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'.

I prefer:

OgAAALmMxUeI3HZa0oE2Q_3j5qAgXzjT1reSqyZEw37SH2pjT_qgvu9vsqxy3GuV2XoGIgVueDILFMZm2RANjnVDfb0Am1T1UErdARijhU4hEb9lL1HNY3wDzl0f.jpg

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

+laughcry+ +laughcry+

She and her team will do whatever so she won't flop :cheer:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.