Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Gabe.

FOTP's OWN Metacritic - Rate 'Blackout'

SCORE:

73/100

TOP TRACKS:

E.T, Teenage Dream, Not Like The Movies

REVIEW:

Overall the album was okay. The production on the album was horrifying IMO tho.

• Since when did a plastic bag wanted to start again?

• Rhyming "ahh" and "sky" & "bars" with "boulevard" and "dark" with "menage-a-trois"

• Last Friday Night was good at first but it annoyed me after some listens

• Firework was followed by Peacock. [Mood Change]

• Rhyming "peacock" with "beeyotch"

• Pearl isn't really "something"

• Peacock is not really intelligent. It gets annoying sometimes.

• The production in LFN was horrible IMO

SCORE:

73/100

TOP TRACKS:

E.T, Teenage Dream, Not Like The Movies

REVIEW:

Overall the album was okay. The production on the album was horrifying IMO tho.

• Since when did a plastic bag wanted to start again?

• Rhyming "ahh" and "sky" & "bars" with "boulevard" and "dark" with "menage-a-trois"

• Last Friday Night was good at first but it annoyed me after some listens

• Firework was followed by Peacock. [Mood Change]

• Rhyming "peacock" with "beeyotch"

• Pearl isn't really "something"

• Peacock is not really intelligent. It gets annoying sometimes.

• The production in LFN was horrible IMO

dead1

Teenage Dream

I remember feeling disappointed the first time I heard "California Gurls" because I thought it sounded generic and failed to live up to the likes of "I Kissed A Girl" and "Hot N Cold". My opinion soon changed, however, when the music video for CG was released and I could see an actual vision for this era, I knew that there was so much more to come. And I was right.

Teenage Dream in a way feels like the second coming of Like A Virgin to me; both are simple, easily-dismissible (by the haters) pop albums that stand as proof of what pop magic really is like.

I love every track on the album, and the lead single has actually grown on me so much that it's now one of my favorite Katy singles... I think I have to thank the music video for that! Speaking of which, Katy has done an INCREDIBLE job with her videos this era and this is the reason she has slayed and dragged during the last two years.

While the album features around 7 radio-ready songs, it also invests in providing heartfelt and more personal tracks to keep the whole experience more grounded in reality. Pearl and Not Like The Movies in particular are fantastic tracks that are definitely among the very best that Katy has done so far.

My favorite tracks from the album have to be: Firework, E.T. and Who Am I Living For.

My final verdict is a well-deserved 9.6/10

Teenage Dream

I remember feeling disappointed the first time I heard "California Gurls" because I thought it sounded generic and failed to live up to the likes of "I Kissed A Girl" and "Hot N Cold". My opinion soon changed, however, when the music video for CG was released and I could see an actual vision for this era, I knew that there was so much more to come. And I was right.

Teenage Dream in a way feels like the second coming of Like A Virgin to me; both are simple, easily-dismissible (by the haters) pop albums that stand as proof of what pop magic really is like.

I love every track on the album, and the lead single has actually grown on me so much that it's now one of my favorite Katy singles... I think I have to thank the music video for that! Speaking of which, Katy has done an INCREDIBLE job with her videos this era and this is the reason she has slayed and dragged during the last two years.

While the album features around 7 radio-ready songs, it also invests in providing heartfelt and more personal tracks to keep the whole experience more grounded in reality. Pearl and Not Like The Movies in particular are fantastic tracks that are definitely among the very best that Katy has done so far.

My favorite tracks from the album have to be: Firework, E.T. and Who Am I Living For.

My final verdict is a well-deserved 9.6/10

so 96/100 then? fall1

Guest runaway.
you not a Katy fan? sha1

I do like her, but this album is just so... generic. There are catchy and lovely songs on it but nothing is like massive or incredible imo. +shrug+

Teenage Dream

1. Score 51/100

2. Teenage Dream, E.T and The One that got away

3. I really do enjoy some of the songs on the album. E.T would have to be my favourite just because the song is dark and mysterious, her auto-tuned vocals sound so luscious on it. It's quite the good track. Teenage Dream is a really fun pop song as well, a real earworm, easily my most played Katy Perry song.

4. All in all Teenage Dream is a great pop album that has spawned countless hits. Katy plays very safe with the album and to balance the catchy pop songs she has some ballads too. Although I personally find these ballads atrocious and one of the worst I've listened to. For instance her ballads like "Pearl", "Not Like The Movies" are so uncreative and emotionless imo. Not to mention some of the lyrics on her songs are just awful, she needs to stop letting Dr Luke help her write. In conclusion; personally this album is just not for me. I couldn't ever listen to this album fully without skipping a dozen tracks. Although there's some real treasures on the album.

Teenage Dream

1. Score 51/100

2. Teenage Dream, E.T and The One that got away

3. I really do enjoy some of the songs on the album. E.T would have to be my favourite just because the song is dark and mysterious, her auto-tuned vocals sound so luscious on it. It's quite the good track. Teenage Dream is a really fun pop song as well, a real earworm, easily my most played Katy Perry song.

4. All in all Teenage Dream is a great pop album that has spawned countless hits. Katy plays very safe with the album and to balance the catchy pop songs she has some ballads too. Although I personally find these ballads atrocious and one of the worst I've listened to. For instance her ballads like "Pearl", "Not Like The Movies" are so uncreative and emotionless imo. Not to mention some of the lyrics on her songs are just awful, she needs to stop letting Dr Luke help her write. In conclusion; personally this album is just not for me. I couldn't ever listen to this album fully without skipping a dozen tracks. Although there's some real treasures on the album.

tasia1

+troll++queenbitch+

Teenage Dream review

Score: 82/100

Top 3 Tracks: Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Circle the Drain

I only really like the singles (- TOTGA) and Circle the Drain, I can do without her ballads. The score remains kinda high though because of how flawless her first 5 singles are; there's a reason they were all #1 and it doesn't have to do with remixes or price cuts tbh +silly+ The singles are all like sugary delicious morsels of pop goodness and I love snacking on them :flutter:. Plus my album still smells like cotton candy, which automatically gives it a bonus 10 points.

maisy

Teenage Dream review

Score: 82/100

Top 3 Tracks: Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Circle the Drain

I only really like the singles (- TOTGA) and Circle the Drain, I can do without her ballads. The score remains kinda high though because of how flawless her first 5 singles are; there's a reason they were all #1 and it doesn't have to do with remixes or price cuts tbh +silly+ The singles are all like sugary delicious morsels of pop goodness and I love snacking on them :flutter:. Plus my album still smells like cotton candy, which automatically gives it a bonus 10 points.

maisy

cotton candy shock2

I want dat tbh cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>

SCORE:

40/100

TOP TRACKS:

Cali Girls,Firework, and Teenage Dream

REVIEW:

I really only cared for the single. For me the album was messy and no cohesiveness at all. Some of the songs bored me and I never gave them a full listen and I still skip the majority of the songs and have deleted them from iTunes. I regret buying this album based on the first single I really thought the album was going to be amazing and then I buy it take it home and listen and it's complete shit.

SCORE:

40/100

TOP TRACKS:

Cali Girls,Firework, and Teenage Dream

REVIEW:

I really only cared for the single. For me the album was messy and no cohesiveness at all. Some of the songs bored me and I never gave them a full listen and I still skip the majority of the songs and have deleted them from iTunes. I regret buying this album based on the first single I really thought the album was going to be amazing and then I buy it take it home and listen and it's complete shit.

that is not fair, how can you rate an album based on three songs - if you haven't even listened to them all. Its like Rihanna's TTT, I thought WHYB was meh at first but the bridge was amazing ny9 the same happens here, and some songs (NTLM) are growers ny9

not here for these pressed reviews (not yours particularly bew xtina8) when we give TFM fair reviews, and in return we get reviews that suggest they are trying to make sure TFM is the highest rih1

that is not fair, how can you rate an album based on three songs - if you haven't even listened to them all. Its like Rihanna's TTT, I thought WHYB was meh at first but the bridge was amazing ny9 the same happens here, and some songs (NTLM) are growers ny9

not here for these pressed reviews (not yours particularly bew xtina8) when we give TFM fair reviews, and in return we get reviews that suggest they are trying to make sure TFM is the highest rih1

oh wow you really have lots of opinions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.