Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Should non-donors be denied organ transplants?

Some people refuse to donate organs to others, so should they receive organs from others when they are in need?

Some argue that everyone has the right to health care and support. +shrug+

I personally believe they should be of less priority (unless they have reasonable reasons) on the lists for donation recipients. If they aren't making a contribution why should they get it from others before others who HAVE contributed? +shrug+

well there are times when people cant donate organs for health reasons.

I'm gonna be slightly hypocritical here and say in this case, it's your body, u can do what u want with it. especially since some belive that after death having an organ removed is wrong spiritually.

I would give up an organ in a heartbeat (no pun intened) for a family member

but if someone wouldnt, why should they be denied something they might need?

Well see this is a very interesting topic to discuss. I know that I am a organ donor, but in order for someone to have my organs they will have to do "extensive" testing on my blood to make sure I am HIV-. Since I am a gay male, and they do not even want my blood when I try to donate it, so what happens to us who want to donate and they don't take it, should we not be allowed the help?

I'm on the organ donor list so that when I die my organs are given up for medical needs. However, as of this moment I am unable to donate as it would require several tests to see if I'm not HIV positive :(. This is why I fight for gay rights btw. What a ridiculous rule!

I'm also on the donor list. When I die, I wouldn't want my organs restricted to those who were also donors. A life is a life. Which is the reason I signed up for it in the first place; to give someone else a chance of living when I'm no longer in need of them.

I'm also on the donor list. When I die, I wouldn't want my organs restricted to those who were also donors. A life is a life. Which is the reason I signed up for it in the first place; to give someone else a chance of living when I'm no longer in need of them.

+bow+

Well put bew

Of course they shouldn't be denied it moo7 What next? If you don't donate blood you should be denied a blood transfusion? moo7

Guest Ain't No Other Man

Denying an organ transplant is murder in my eyes. Is murder right? No. Everyone deserves to live.

Denying an organ transplant is murder in my eyes. Is murder right? No. Everyone deserves to live.

Tell that to a Jehovah's Witness madonna4

I don't think the HIV thing is an example of lack of gay rights, it's a known fact that in the western world the group of people most affected by HIV are gay males +shrug+

I think everyone should be allowed to have donated organs whether you're a donator or not.

Weird. I never thought about it like that tbh shock1

There are methods that they use to prioritize the organ transplant list. Sadly money/status seem to be huge factors in it :( it's really unfair tbh because hospitals basically say that if you can pay more to live then you're more deserving than a poorer person.

I don't think that if you're a non-donor you should be totally blacklisted, but it might not be a bad idea to use that as a criteria to sort the people in need. I mean if you're not going to contribute anything to the system to try and save others' lives then why should your selfish ass be put at the top?

Weird. I never thought about it like that tbh shock1

There are methods that they use to prioritize the organ transplant list. Sadly money/status seem to be huge factors in it :( it's really unfair tbh because hospitals basically say that if you can pay more to live then you're more deserving than a poorer person.

I don't think that if you're a non-donor you should be totally blacklisted, but it might not be a bad idea to use that as a criteria to sort the people in need. I mean if you're not going to contribute anything to the system to try and save others' lives then why should your selfish ass be put at the top?

dead2 exactly

I live in a country where everyone is a donor unless you DENY donating while you're still alive and able to make that decision. Bless this place.

Hell no, i mean everyone has a reason for not donating, yeah a lot don't do it cuz they're selfish bitches but most of them can't because of health reasons or more so no, they shouldn't be denied

Gorl if they need an organ obviously they aren't healthy enough to be a damn organ donor gorl bye

drink_throw-1313612434-1313613884.gif

girl boom, there are 70 somethin organs in the human body don't be dumb lol. ONE of them work, trust me.

OBVIOUSLY they wouldn't choose an unhealthy organ to donate from your body +rolleyes+

girl boom, there are 70 somethin organs in the human body don't be dumb lol. ONE of them work, trust me.

OBVIOUSLY they wouldn't choose you to donate an organ that is unhealthy +rolleyes+

To the people saying "no, because some people can't donate because they have health issues":

The key here is the difference between being willing and being able. For example, if someone is an organ donor and suddenly gets sick and their organs cannot be used, obviously they wouldn't be denied transplants.

However, if someone refuses to donate their organs, which are absolutely no use to them after they die, to save someone else's life it makes absolutely no sense that they would still be as high of a priority on the lists as willing donors.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.