Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lion's Den

Katy Perry | Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) | 5th Single

Tik Tok went to #1 on radio Bad Romance never did and Tik Tok sold like 610k downloads in a week so it was digitally doing better.

I know. moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

I'm just saying there was a week when that happened. It was when BR was #3 & Tik Tok was #2.

Well congrats are in order I suppose. It is a great accomplishment, even if it was seedy how they did it. The sad thing is I think this was going to #1 next week if they hadn't released the remix, so they pulled out the cheap label tactics for nothing when this could have gotten there on its own like it should have.

If she tied his record without Kanye on ET and Missy on LFN then I'd be proud. She just milking the album and cutting corners to get success. Still love Katy though.

Kanye had nothing to do with E.T.'s success, imo. I remember the original version of ET was outselling the Kanye one before the vid got released. Also I've heard the original one on the radio much more than the remix. I agree that LFN's #1 feels undeserved this week though, but I think it was heading there next week anyways.

Remix or not, five #1s from one album is nothing to scoff at. She didn't even re-release or promo-whore the songs, and it's not like any of them were flopping and scored a cheap #1 off the back of a remix...all of her digital and airplay figures are insane. The songs are hits, #1 hits, and haters WILL deal.

Do you guys think that she should release another single from the album and see if it goes #1, or play it safe and continue the #1 streak later with brand new single from her third album (which almost certainly goes to #1)?

Do you guys think that she should release another single from the album and see if it goes #1, or play it safe and continue the #1 streak later with brand new single from her third album (which almost certainly goes to #1)?

She said "TD era is not over". It can only mean:

1. New single

2. Re-release

about the new single, it's probably going to be Peacock because it already sold 400K. There's a rumor that Katy wanted Peacock as the third single, but Capitol decided to use E.T. so Katy wants Peacock now.

I think they should try to break the record.

I wonder if she would have gotten a #1 week without the remix anyway, since she was #1 this week on the Hot 100 and the remix was not in the iTunes top 100 anymore. Oh well.

Speaking of the remix, it's grown on me quite a bit. I love the way Missy says "T.G.I.F", so ghettofied +tehe3+

I wonder if she would have gotten a #1 week without the remix anyway, since she was #1 this week on the Hot 100 and the remix was not in the iTunes top 100 anymore. Oh well.

I was wondering the same thing actually. I mean w/o the remix, it still might've gotten its 1st week at #1 this week. +shrug+

I was wondering the same thing actually. I mean w/o the remix, it still might've gotten its 1st week at #1 this week. +shrug+

Yeah, although you could also argue that the hype around matching an epic record helped Katy to stay steady for a second week. Either way, promoting the damn song instead of a remix would have been much better, now she'll get crap for being an illegitimate record-tier for the rest of her career (unless she pulls another 5 of course).

Yeah, although you could also argue that the hype around matching an epic record helped Katy to stay steady for a second week. Either way, promoting the damn song instead of a remix would have been much better, now she'll get crap for being an illegitimate record-tier for the rest of her career (unless she pulls another 5 of course).

Yeah..... I don't think she'll make that feat again though..... seems impossible to accomplish twice.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.