Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

MarioLuigi

Lady Gaga insists new video is not religious

The eccentric singer has come under fire for her portrayal of Mary Magdalene in the promotional clip which accompanies her new single 'Judas' but she insists she is not mocking Christianity.

She told E!: "I don't view the video as a religious statement. I view it as social statement. I view it as a cultural statement. It's a metaphor. It's not meant to be a biblical lesson."

Meanwhile, DJ White Shadow - who produced the singer's hit 'Born This Way' - has blasted critics of the track who have claimed it is a rip-off of Madonna's 'Express Yourself', arguing the charts are full of artists copying one another and mimicking Gaga's style.

He ranted: "I think it was bulls**t to be honest. I guess there are a hundred songs that you could put a pitch shift and a BPM (beats per minute) change on and loop and make them sound like anything.

"Actually there are five songs out that are exactly the same song, on the radio at the same time. Right now. Why doesn't anyone ever bring that up? That's a f***ing felony.

"How many people have been copying Gaga since she came out? Oh, I have that answer: everyone.

"Have you seen all the lightning bolts painted on faces, or the one hand eye cover-ups during photos?

"How about the fact that there was barely any dance music on the radio until Just Dance came out? Come on motherf***ers, let's keep it real here.

"If we are going to talk about who is chasing who, I think we all know the answer to that."

Source: http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Lady-Gaga-insists-new-video-is-not-religious&nItemID=41014

"Have you seen all the lightning bolts painted on faces, or the one hand eye cover-ups during photos? "

This is the most ******ed thing I've read in a long time. WTF? GaGa wasn't the first to do the one hand eye cover-ups OR the lightning bolt, so he can gtfo

"Have you seen all the lightning bolts painted on faces, or the one hand eye cover-ups during photos? "

This is the most ******ed thing I've read in a long time. WTF? GaGa wasn't the first to do the one hand eye cover-ups OR the lightning bolt, so he can gtfo

I know and when he said "How about the fact that there was barely any dance music on the radio until Just Dance came out? Come on motherf***ers, let's keep it real here.

Yeah alright I would actually say David Guetta's when love takes over is responsible for the popularity in dance not her

Personally before Gaga and a few others, pop music was pop music and dance music was dance music. But in 2008 it started getting mixed with pop music and GaGa was one of the first musicians to popularise this form of music. A lot of musicians now do this... Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Enrique, The Black Eyed Peas, J LO. And I think that at least some of them at some inspiration from the production of Lady Gaga tracks.

But I agree with you about the lightning, that wasn't even her symbol in the first place.

The lightening bolt thing was originally from David Bowie I believe. And while Gaga was one of the artists to help pave the way for mainstream pop dance music, as far as that goes Blackout by Britney could be one of the earliest mainstream forms of electronic sounding dance music that has been so popular in the last 5 years. And she likely isn't the first either. In the music industry I think it's impossible to be completely original.

But back on the Judas thing, I think it's just what Gaga says. Her music style has always been about implied and subliminal messages and if people still aren't willing to do that with her music and quit taking things literally and at face value then they're just never going to get it.

Blackout by Britney Spears or Confessions... by Madonna anyone? Were they soul albums?! +laughcry+

this. gaga may have brought popularity to dance/electro pop music but others have done it before her.

this era is turning into a backlast mess. that Dj Shadow should not have said that shit. And I agree her video isn't much to do with religion, I appreciate the metaphor actually cos we are all attracted to our inner dark side.

+9999999999

And what about Don't Stop The Music & Hot N Cold +shrug+

they are generic pop songs with euro-dance beats. Blackout was an actual original sounding album which embraced real electro and indie vibes.

Personally before Gaga and a few others, pop music was pop music and dance music was dance music. But in 2008 it started getting mixed with pop music and GaGa was one of the first musicians to popularise this form of music. A lot of musicians now do this... Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Enrique, The Black Eyed Peas, J LO. And I think that at least some of them at some inspiration from the production of Lady Gaga tracks.

But I agree with you about the lightning, that wasn't even her symbol in the first place.

Just no. Blackout anyone? Gimme More? Heaps of Dance music, as well as Pop.

I agree with rest of your statement. I know HEAPS of Pop that was dance before 2008...

everything this dj is saying is just so dumb icant +laughcry+

This is such a fail.

this. gaga may have brought popularity to dance/electro pop music but others have done it before her.

This. +dead+

"Have you seen all the lightning bolts painted on faces, or the one hand eye cover-ups during photos?...

This fool... :lmfao:

The lightening bolt thing was originally from David Bowie

Yass Ziggy fuckin Stardust +legend+

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.