Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Is disciplining your child with violence acceptable?

Vote  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Summertime Sadness
    • California Gurls
    • La Isla Bonita
    • California King Bed
    • Roar
    • Hips Don't Lie

Discuss whether it is right or wrong to a hit a child in order to discipline them. Also - were you hit as a child? Would you hit your children? Is it morally right? Should it be legal?

Spank them hell yeah. Slap them across the face when they get lippy hell yeah. Punch them no. Kick them no.

Sometimes a kid needs a good spanking or slap across the face. Not overly spank them like 3 swats and thats all. Slap the child once on the cheek. As far as I know in Arizona you can spank your children because its not seen as child abuse. I was spanked as a child slapped once but usually got more time outs than the other stuff.

Spank them hell yeah. Slap them across the face when they get lippy hell yeah. Punch them no. Kick them no.

Sometimes a kid needs a good spanking or slap across the face. Not overly spank them like 3 swats and thats all. Slap the child once on the cheek. As far as I know in Arizona you can spank your children because its not seen as child abuse. I was spanked as a child slapped once but usually got more time outs than the other stuff.

If a child is misbehaving then it's most likely because you either haven't taught them properly, or aren't monitoring them efficiently. So slapping or spanking a child for your mistake is simply unjust brit42

occasionally i think its ok tbh +shrug+ I mean, dont hurt them bad or whatever obviously

Based on the fact that I think kids who have been disciplined properly turn out better. I think occasionally is acceptable as long as they're not hurt

Based on the fact that I think kids who have been disciplined properly turn out better. I think occasionally is acceptable as long as they're not hurt

Hitting them will inevitably hurt them though...

x43fhe.gif

Hitting them teaches children that hurting people is okay, which could lead to bullying in schools, abusive relationships and fear of their parents.

I used to get abusec as a little kid. My uncle punched my teeth out before and my aunt broke my PSP on my head cry5

Now when someones swings at me i just freeze up or flinch. jj1

occasionally i think its ok tbh +shrug+ I mean, dont hurt them bad or whatever obviously

this. +shrug+

i can tell some persons here have never been slapped because they've grown up to be some majah cunts. :cheer:

this. +shrug+

i can tell some persons here have never been slapped because they've grown up to be some majah cunts. :cheer:

You must never have been slapped then madonna4

I used to get abusec as a little kid. My uncle punched my teeth out before and my aunt broke my PSP on my head cry5

wow that's unfortunate and wrong.

You must never have been slapped then madonna4

no, i actually said that i agree with a lil' slap here and there.. i've been quite a rude child and my mom's right hand used to temper me a bit.

learn how to read.

Hitting them will inevitably hurt them though...

x43fhe.gif

Hitting them teaches children that hurting people is okay, which could lead to bullying in schools, abusive relationships and fear of their parents.

Occasionally tho. Tbh I would rather just have the children be scared of the act, and therefore behave once the threat is there fall1

It sounds bad but I think it works irl

More importantly tho teacher should be give the Caine back sha1

Slap them niggas if they backtalk or disrespect you. They wont do it again brit42.

My mom slapped me a few times when I deseved it and I stopped whatever it was I was doing. Once she goes for her flip flops I know she means business. Age also comes into the equation. If they're toddlers I woulnt resort to physical discipline because they're just learning. However, as they get older and have more knowledge about their actions and the consequences stemming from them yet they continue doing the wrong thing you best believe my right hand is going to lay the law down.

But dont punch or kick your children repeatedly. :awk: That's mean.

Wow that bad. IMO the only ppl should be able to is ur parents and teachers.

What a waste of money tho breaking the psp. I hope she bought u a new one

Wow that bad. IMO the only ppl should be able to is ur parents and teachers.

What a waste of money tho breaking the psp. I hope she bought u a new one

I sensed he was being sarcastic cheryl1

And someone who doesn't know the child hitting them is even worse then someone who does moo7 If we bring back corporal punishment we might as well bring back the seen-but-not-heard policy as well +rolleyes+

But dont punch or kick your children repeatedly. :awk: That's mean.

+wtf+ Punching or kicking a child even once is abominable +wtf+

+wtf+ Punching or kicking a child even once is abominable +wtf+

Not if they're ugly brit42

I kid :awk:

Not if they're ugly brit42

I kid :awk:

Well, if they're ugly, you might as well do the decent thing and kill it brit42

Don't know why I was spared to be honest sia1

Well, if they're ugly, you might as well do the decent thing and kill it brit42

Don't know why I was spared to be honest sia1

+shrug+ beats me

ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

I sensed he was being sarcastic cheryl1

And someone who doesn't know the child hitting them is even worse then someone who does moo7 If we bring back corporal punishment we might as well bring back the seen-but-not-heard policy as well +rolleyes+

Shure.

Well someones gota sort out the problems in schools today. It's not fair that kids wanting to learn are disadvantaged because of disruptive kids that teachers can't control.

If it came back obviously it would be on much stricter terms than b4 so the problems before are cancelled out. Nothing a good CCTV camera can't resolve.

Teachers are professionals, times have changed. We need to go back

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.