Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Harry.

Has American success cost Adele her voice? Singer can't hit high notes on TV show.

adele.jpg

She's currently No.1 in the American charts with her new album 21 having managed the impressive feat of cracking the U.S. market.

But last night British singer Adele was forced to cancel one of her planned performances on Dancing With The Stars because, as she put it, her voice was 'knackered'.

The 23-year-old star, who was pictured out in Beverly Hills the night before, did sing her track Rolling In The Deep.

Losing her voice: Adele performed on Dancing With The Stars last night, but was forced to cancel a second planned song because she couldn't hit the high notes

But fellow guest Delta Goodrem was drafted in at the last minute to perform a cover of the Carole King hit Natural Woman instead.

No doubt Adele's smoking habit would not have helped matters.

The London-born star explained to host Tom Bergeron that she was struggling to hit the high notes on the song, so would only be performing one track.

Source:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1385781/Dancing-With-The-Stars-2011-Has-US-success-cost-Adele-voice.html

She should stop smoking. There are few things more damaging to a singer's voice. :-/

This. I don't want her to lost her gold voice *cough* Whitney ( although different problem ) *cough* :S

I'm not worried. I've stanned for Mariah and Whitney for years and I know the greats are hit and miss cos its a God given gift. I'm not a person who accepts a Christina Aguilera screamfest and thinks its a good vocal. I'm aware that the real greats have technical difficulties cos they want to use their instrument to its full effects. I know Adele will come back with those big notes once she rests.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.