Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

xDEWx

just wondering..why is Xtina a fucking flop?

Because her biggest strength is her voice and in the music industry you need more than that. In fact you can be successful in the music industry without having much of a voice at all.

fortunately there are some successful pop girls with big voice: Adele, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys. just to mention some. Xtina doesn't have X Factor or something i see oprah1

fortunately there are some successful pop girls with big voice: Adele, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys. just to mention some. Xtina doesn't have X Factor or something i see oprah1

Adele is one of the few who has found success simply for her voice. Beyonce is also a good entertainer and can dance so she has more than just a voice. And Alicia Keys is also a musician so she has more than just a voice.

Because nobody can classify one specific image or sound with her outside the fact she can sing.

Her debut - bubblegum pop and Mariah Carey esque pop songs and ballads.

Stripped - probably her most "Christina" work and image but a variety of sound that really Fighter and Beautiful only stand as her "true" sound

Back to Basics - throwback vintage image and sound. The Xtina vocals are there but was a very different image from Stripped

Bionic - Electronic/dance image that no one cared for because it was stale, she took too long of a break, and Gaga comparisons killed it.

basically she never had a set image. Re-invention is great. Worked for Madonna and Rihanna very well but they never stray too far away from their sound or if they do they stick to the same or similar image.

Christina goes rapidly from image to image she loses identity as an artist they only reason she stuck around was because she was an amazing singer. She also waited too long between transitions.

I always said for her to succeed again she needs to stop acting like some big creative visionary and revolutionary artist because the only thing standing in between her and basic are her pipes. She's a pop singer and needs to sing pop music. This summer I said she needed a safe pop hit (Your Body), a Beautiful/Hurt esque ballad or two, maybe an anthemic song like Fighter, and another sing a long pop hit or two (Come On Over, Ain't No Other Man) and she'll have a great comeback

Seeing as YB is underperforming she's either just gaining steam or she's fucked herself over. In about two months we'll see.

Because nobody can classify one specific image or sound with her outside the fact she can sing.

Her debut - bubblegum pop and Mariah Carey esque pop songs and ballads.

Stripped - probably her most "Christina" work and image but a variety of sound that really Fighter and Beautiful only stand as her "true" sound

Back to Basics - throwback vintage image and sound. The Xtina vocals are there but was a very different image from Stripped

Bionic - Electronic/dance image that no one cared for because it was stale, she took too long of a break, and Gaga comparisons killed it.

basically she never had a set image. Re-invention is great. Worked for Madonna and Rihanna very well but they never stray too far away from their sound or if they do they stick to the same or similar image.

Christina goes rapidly from image to image she loses identity as an artist they only reason she stuck around was because she was an amazing singer. She also waited too long between transitions.

I always said for her to succeed again she needs to stop acting like some big creative visionary and revolutionary artist because the only thing standing in between her and basic are her pipes. She's a pop singer and needs to sing pop music. This summer I said she needed a safe pop hit (Your Body), a Beautiful/Hurt esque ballad or two, maybe an anthemic song like Fighter, and another sing a long pop hit or two (Come On Over, Ain't No Other Man) and she'll have a great comeback

Seeing as YB is underperforming she's either just gaining steam or she's fucked herself over. In about two days we'll see.

I hope your ready gurl.

brit24brit24brit24brit24brit24brit24brit24

Because they see no potential in her.

That's business, they invested in people who are safe players like Pink and Kesha. xtina9

Because they became freaking fools and don't let her make music the way, she wants too.

Pink and Kesha are not on the same level as Xtina in voice and songs.

it isn't really that she's a flop

its that her deluded stans have RAISED the bar SO HIGH and always feel the need to compare her to britney, rihanna, katy perry and other stars of that level...... & in the end, it was just shown that she ISN'T that legendary and relevant as her stans try to make her out to be.

it isn't really that she's a flop

its that her deluded stans have RAISED the bar SO HIGH and always feel the need to compare her to britney, rihanna, katy perry and other stars of that level...... & in the end, it was just shown that she ISN'T that legendary and relevant as her stans try to make her out to be.

tumblr_lzkrjgL5s91qip43j.gif

Basically. I agree that Stripped was really her and most personal out of all albums. But yeah, she goes way too far away from her sound in the process of reinventing herself. Also I would add that she never had that "thing" that would make the public adore her like Brit has. As cliche as it sounds, it's true, she never had that "x factor".

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.