Jump to content

Lana Del Rey

Recommended Posts

Hunty Bear 11,956
1 hour ago, Andres said:

did you at least hate-listen to Lover? you'll definitely like at least a few songs gag1

I did gag1 there are some songs I actually sorta enjoyed ( sorry1 ) but a lot of it was generic af imo, I just don't think I'll ever like her musically or personally  gag1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunty Bear 11,956
55 minutes ago, edwinfg said:

Its beautiful bebe1

from one OG Lana sectioner to another, I've been waiting for your validation king gag1 yas2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunty Bear 11,956

if anyone missed it! gag1 in short:

  • Norman Fucking Rockwell and Mariners Apartment Complex (the "heart of the record") are her two favorite songs from the album
  • some of her "faves" like Shades of Cool, Cherry, Pretty When You Cry and California will be performed on tour
  • Venice Bitch was the hardest song to write because she loved the melody but didn't she didn't know if she wanted it to be a "jam" or a really "big" song
  • she reworked TNBAR because she loves that song but didn't think it fit on Lust for Life
  • the lines that she's the most proud of are the "hello it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad / calling from beyond the grave I just wanna say "hi dad" lines from hope, because it's "impactful for [her] only"
  • she knew that the album was starting to cohere once she finished hope, which was finished early on in the songwriting/recording process
  • regardless of the hate campaign, shockingly enough, she actually loves her sister! oprah10 
  • the 3 part video that Chuck shot is the Bartender x Happiness is a Butterfly x Norman Fucking Rockwell video, so let's hope it sees the light of day eventually!
  • California's subject lives in London, so it's effectively about Barrie? or not idk brit9
  • she is NOT a furry
  • she won't put her lyrics on the album booklets because she's "lazy"
  • "don't vape" *whispers* "but I'm going to" dead1 
  • she vapes peach-flavored vapes
  • ANNOUNCEMENT: she IS wearing stone lipliner
  • she read two poems and they were quite pretty tbh!
  • livestream tonight at 6:30 hopefully with Jack so that they can sing a song for us live!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Americunt 16,342
1 minute ago, Hunty Bear said:

if anyone missed it! gag1 in short:

  • Norman Fucking Rockwell and Mariners Apartment Complex (the "heart of the record") are her two favorite songs from the album
  • some of her "faves" like Shades of Cool, Cherry, Pretty When You Cry and California will be performed
  • Venice Bitch was the hardest song to write because she loved the melody but didn't she didn't know if she wanted it to be a "jam" or a really "big" song
  • she reworked TNBAR because she loves that song but didn't think it fit on Lust for Life
  • the lines that she's the most proud of are the "hello it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad / calling from beyond the grave I just wanna say "hi dad" lines from hope, because it's "impactful for [her] only"
  • she knew that the album was starting to cohere once she finished hope, which was finished early on in the songwriting/recording process
  • regardless of the hate campaign, shockingly enough, she actually loves her sister! oprah10 
  • the 3 part video that Chuck shot is the Bartender x Happiness is a Butterfly x Norman Fucking Rockwell video, so let's hope it sees the light of day eventually!
  • California's subject lives in London, so it's effectively about Barrie? or not idk brit9
  • she is NOT a furry
  • she won't put her lyrics on the album booklets because she's "lazy"
  • "don't vape" *whispers* "but I'm going to" dead1 
  • she vapes peach-flavored vapes
  • ANNOUNCEMENT: she IS wearing stone lipliner
  • she read two poems and they were quite pretty tbh!
  • livestream tonight at 6:30 hopefully with Jack so that they can sing a song for us live!

You forgot the most important part: "I'm not a furry, you guys are gross". jj2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunty Bear 11,956
3 minutes ago, Americunt said:

You forgot the most important part: "I'm not a furry, you guys are gross". jj2 

included that! but I missed that "you guys are gross" bit jj2 I noticed that the same "fan" who asked her if she was a furry tried getting her to say "Nick Gurr" on her livestream too ... truly a literal Reycist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Americunt 16,342
45 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

included that! but I missed that "you guys are gross" bit jj2 I noticed that the same "fan" who asked her if she was a furry tried getting her to say "Nick Gurr" on her livestream too ... truly a literal Reycist!

The "you guys are gross" part is necessary for context, tbh! jj2 And yikes, didn't see that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunty Bear 11,956

it's honestly so surreal seeing all the critical acclaim for Norman Fucking Rockwell? I never thought I'd see the day when critics actually fully came around and admitted that Lana is a living legend with their chests gag1 obviously she isn't hitting strides with this album commercially but it's really dominated all of the conversations about music rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
edwinfg 8,161
8 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

from one OG Lana sectioner to another, I've been waiting for your validation king gag1 yas2

brit15 Yes please spread my word as gospel. What are y'all favourite songs btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
edwinfg 8,161
5 hours ago, Americunt said:

You forgot the most important part: "I'm not a furry, you guys are gross". jj2 

this is the most important part of the livestream considering that today was also the day that a furry dipped his hands on dry ice and slept through the night so that he could be amputated and have paws instead jj2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mint 5,998
5 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

it's honestly so surreal seeing all the critical acclaim for Norman Fucking Rockwell? I never thought I'd see the day when critics actually fully came around and admitted that Lana is a living legend with their chests gag1 obviously she isn't hitting strides with this album commercially but it's really dominated all of the conversations about music rn

Cant believe it took pitchfork 8 years to realise shes the greatest songwriter of all time ellie1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mint 5,998

My feelings toward california coincide exactly with raja and ravens feelings about violet chachkis headpiece on the green runway on season 7: an afterthought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunty Bear 11,956
2 hours ago, edwinfg said:

brit15 Yes please spread my word as gospel. What are y'all favourite songs btw?

probably most of the singles alongside the title track, How to Disappear, Bartender and Cinnamon Girl jj2orangu1 AKA.zip the whole tracklist! there isn't a song less than great on here, just comparative lowlights ig!

1 hour ago, Mint said:

My feelings toward california coincide exactly with raja and ravens feelings about violet chachkis headpiece on the green runway on season 7: an afterthought

TNBAR* but California remains a bottom 2 track ellie1 

36 minutes ago, Andres said:

 

gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1gag1

since AKA* even, but power to him for compromising gag1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake 16,761

I love stanning the most lyrically gorgeous fave on the site gag1 

Literally WHO compares gag1  WHO gag1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunty Bear 11,956
1 minute ago, Jake said:

I love stanning the most lyrically gorgeous fave on the site gag1 

Literally WHO compares gag1  WHO gag1 

the other g0rls can be great lyricists, but as per the words of a nameless wise woman: "I win" gag1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×