Liberated Matt

Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, Americunt said:

Her inspiration list on Wikipedia is the easiest thing to look at. Jeff Buckley, Elvis Presley, Cat Power, Julee Cruise, Janis Joplin, Nina Simone...the list goes on.

Thanks, but I meant to ask for contemporary artists that draw inspiration from similar sources.

3 minutes ago, Mint said:

i bet lana has huge salami nipples

You can imagine that, but we've actually seen the edge of her nips in some poorly photoshopped pics from the GQ shoot. 

8 minutes ago, Rosé. said:

Thanks, but I meant to ask for contemporary artists that draw inspiration from similar sources.

Kind of few and far between. Sky Ferreira sometimes touches on the same topics. Paloma Faith does the same type of nostalgia with a British twist. 

2 hours ago, Mint said:

a lyricist

omg this is actually easily the best one of these that I've seen yet jj4 I remember watching one and I remember there was this one artist that was annotating each line with the same "this means = wanna have fun and kick back n shit! love weed" bullshit and it was just ridic

totally understand where Buddhao's coming from! really resonates w how I'm feeling rn honestly oprah4 

Dua's album has so much filler. Anyone have suggestions for my current tracklist? Struggling with Last Dance dead2 

1. Be the one

2. Genesis

3. Lost in your light

4. Hotter than hell

5. Begging

6. Blow your mind

7. New rules

8. Room for 2

9. Last dance

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

You won't slander AOTY like that in my presence

I forgot the tracklist already but I think I liked Garden, the one with Asap, and the closing track. Will play again in ma sleep xo

1 minute ago, BJORK said:

Can we all agree Tsunami is the only decent song off Katy's album and the rest is terribly underwhelming??????

Tsunami was okay ig? the title track and the singles are all better jj3 idk, I thought it was really bloated and histrionic but it has good production! still, it was a huge disappointment for me

1 minute ago, Hunty Bear said:

Tsunami was okay ig? the title track and the singles are all better jj3 idk, I thought it was really bloated and histrionic but it has good production! still, it was a huge disappointment for me

Tsunami just feels nicely relaxed without being completely boring like ALL the ballads and other trite shite this has to offer.

Just now, BJORK said:

Tsunami just feels nicely relaxed without being completely boring like ALL the ballads and other trite shite this has to offer.

yeah, a lot of it came off as really stale for me, but that's probably because it's so unnecessarily dense jj3 I really wanted to like Save As Draft as well because of the Noonie co-write but it fell really flat for me! I also think the tracklist was poorly organized as well honestly? a lot of the songs sounded the same and they just blended together in the tackiest ways but idk, I haven't listened to it enough and I probably won't either

still perched for that cute Katy collab on Lust for Life though! jj2 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 39.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunty Bear

• Americunt

• Lust

• Andres

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine hating Florida Kilos...

i can say at least that In My Feelings through Heroin are trash