Tegan and Sara

ajp    9,244

These twin sisters are from Calgary - and have been around for at least 12 years. They are releasing their 7th indie pop album in January, and this could be the album that breaks them world wide, with the help of Greg Kurstin.

They have a dedicated fan base in Canada, with 3 Gold albums, and have had some commercial success in the US with the last 2 albums charting inside the Top 40. The are currently supporting The Killers on tour.

Here is a video for their new song "Closer", the lead single from their next album "Heartthrob". They are now 32, but they never seem to age - must be the water here in Canada. :)

Gabe.    4,888

i didn't really like 'closer'.. to be honest.

xtina32.

ajp    9,244
i didn't really like 'closer'.. to be honest.

So Jealous is one of my favourite albums of all time. It's so good. cry1

Black Swan    0

Sara's my baby. lana5

I've loved these two for a long time. My favourite song is probably "I was married" and my favourite album is "The Con". And also "So Jealous". Aww. I can't wait for them to release the new album so I can overdose on "Messed up". Seriously, Sara's perf.

Also, this version of "I'm not your hero" is awesome.

ajp    9,244
omg ajp yesss

I LOVEEE these girls. sia4

Body Work/Closer/Feel It In My Bones>>>>

antm1

ajp    9,244

I think this is their first Grammy Nomination ever! Not that they have a chance in hell of winning against M&S, Sade or U2 fall4

Best Long Form Music Video

Big Easy Express

Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros & Old Crow Medicine Show

Emmett Malloy, video director; Bryan Ling, Mike Luba & Tim Lynch, video producers

[s2BN Films]

Bring Me Home - Live 2011

Sade

Sophie Muller, video director; Roger Davies, Grant Jue & Sophie Muller, video producers

[Epic]

Radio Music Society

Esperanza Spalding

Pilar Sanz, video director; Esperanza Spalding, video producer

[Heads Up International]

Get Along

Tegan & Sara

Salazar, video director; Nick Blasko, Piers Henwood, Sara Quin & Tegan Quin, video producers

[Warner Bros.]

From The Sky Down

U2

Davis Guggenheim, video director; Belisa Balaban, Brian Celler, Davis Guggenheim & Ted Skillman, video producers

[uMe/Interscope/UMG/Mercury]

ajp    9,244

They just started their 40 date tour.

Here is a clip and the set list:

Set list:

1. Back In Your Head

2. The Con

3. Goodbye, Goodbye

4. I Was a Fool

5. I'm Not Your Hero

6. Arrow

7. Walking With a Ghost

8. Soil, Soil

9. Burn Your Life Down

10. Where Does the Good Go?

11. Shock to Your System

12. How Come You Don't Want Me

13. Love They Say

14. Not Tonight/I'm On Fire (Bruce Springsteen cover)

15. Nineteen

16. Living Room

17. Alligator

18. Drove Me Wild

19. I Couldn't Be Your Friend

20. Now I'm All Messed Up

21. Closer

22. Dark Come Soon

23. Call It Off

24. Feel it in My Bones

Nino    276

I got my ticket for their concert in Zagreb today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'> cry1cry0cry4.gif' alt='cry3'> antm1oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

I am sooo happy, I could not dream of actually going to one of their shows, its just surreal oprah1oprah2

And my friend got the VIP SO SHE IS GOING TO FUCKING MEET THEM cry7antm1

ajp    9,244

@Nino

Exciting! I was just reading about their Europe Tour!

You are going to have a great time!

Nino    276

@Nino

Exciting! I was just reading about their Europe Tour!

You are going to have a great time!

Thanks, yeah I know I will they are amazing. I am so happy, I wish I could afford the VIP but this is more than I could ever imagine so I wont pout

Nino    276

@LeModeleParfait so the concert in Zagreb was amazing. We got there like 4 hours before and it was held in this small club so we went to get a drink inside in the back, before the show and we fucking heard the band practice and them rehearsing and the tune up and stuff and we were already like fucking asdfghj-ing AND then my fucking friend saw Tegan stick her head out from behind the door to check on their drinks and me and my other friend were facing the other way and missed her fall3
So flash forward to the show, my friend got the VIP so she went in to meet and great them while my and my other friend waited for another hour but we got first row so yay.
They were really late tho, and after they finally came out they looked fucking flawless are you fucking kidding my, they are exactly like in pictures, prefect little perfections of a human being cry7
They opened up with Drove Me Wild (one of the songs we heard them rehearsing before) and they sounded fucking prefect omg i cant even, seriously amazing cry0
Anyway the show was amazing, everyone was singing along and they even tweeted afterwards how Zagreb was one of the best on this tour cycle (what they dont tweet for any other concert) so we were really proud. They had some funny stories, they told us about the gay rights and the LGBT community situation that is happening right now and it almost made me cry, Sara was the one saying that and after they told us they are gonna do what everyone does sing one last song and go off and come back :lmfao:
So they closed with Closer and everyone got crazy and it was amazing so they got off then they came back alone without the band and played two more acoustic songs and it was perfection cry7
And Sara got a little naughty when she was introducing the band earlier, the world ejaculate was used fall3 :lmfao:

And here are some photos my friend took oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

13838677.jpg
13838697.jpg
13838700.jpg

Tegan making a face :lmfao:
13838703.jpg
13838705.jpg
13838707.jpg
13838708.jpg
13838712.jpg

oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

They even said that we will see them again next year here so omg I cant wait for part II

Nino    276

not a double post fuck u bitch fall3

@LeModeleParfait so the concert in Zagreb was amazing. We got there like 4 hours before and it was held in this small club so we went to get a drink inside in the back, before the show and we fucking heard the band practice and them rehearsing and the tune up and stuff and we were already like fucking asdfghj-ing AND then my fucking friend saw Tegan stick her head out from behind the door to check on their drinks and me and my other friend were facing the other way and missed her fall3

So flash forward to the show, my friend got the VIP so she went in to meet and great them while my and my other friend waited for another hour but we got first row so yay.

They were really late tho, and after they finally came out they looked fucking flawless are you fucking kidding my, they are exactly like in pictures, prefect little perfections of a human being cry7

They opened up with Drove Me Wild (one of the songs we heard them rehearsing before) and they sounded fucking prefect omg i cant even, seriously amazing cry0

Anyway the show was amazing, everyone was singing along and they even tweeted afterwards how Zagreb was one of the best on this tour cycle (what they dont tweet for any other concert) so we were really proud. They had some funny stories, they told us about the gay rights and the LGBT community situation that is happening right now and it almost made me cry, Sara was the one saying that and after they told us they are gonna do what everyone does sing one last song and go off and come back :lmfao:

So they closed with Closer and everyone got crazy and it was amazing so they got off then they came back alone without the band and played two more acoustic songs and it was perfection cry7

And Sara got a little naughty when she was introducing the band earlier, the world ejaculate was used fall3 :lmfao:

And here are some photos my friend took oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

13838677.jpg

13838697.jpg

13838700.jpg

Tegan making a face :lmfao:

13838703.jpg

13838705.jpg

13838707.jpg

13838708.jpg

13838712.jpg

oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

They even said that we will see them again next year here so omg I cant wait for part II

OMFGGG

omg yeah I actually saw their tweet about Zagreb's show so that reminded me that you were probably at that show cry0

omg I swear I would pay for a ticket just to hear them talk for a couple of hours instead of play music dead6 they're so phucking phunny

how was How Come You Don't Want Me. did you cry cry6 cry6 cry6

thanks for those flawless pics. DEAD at Tegan's face. Are they as tiny irl as people say they are? dead6

ajp    9,244

@Nino

Great that you had such a good time.  Canadian Gurls making me proud cry0

If they are going back to Zagreb next year...did they mention if a new album is coming out?