Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | E•MO•TION | June 24, 2015

Details on the next album:

Carly Rae Jepsen is known as the ‘poppiest’ of the pop artists and it looks like that trend will continue in her upcoming album. But Carly Rae warns listeners to not just expect more of the same. While there will certainly be similarities to the hit album that contained the likes of Call Me Maybe and Good Time, Carly Rae is also looking to switch things up a bit. As she recently explained to Billboard,  she’s currently in the midst of working on “a pop album, but… an album that is my own version of pop.”

So, what is Carly Rae’s version of pop? The singer lists Kimbra, Dragonette and La Roux as her current musical inspirations, so perhaps we’ll hear a little of their influence on the next album. She says she admires these three artists because “they don’t do just your regular kind of pop songs. There’s some stuff to hold onto and dig into.”

Fans can also expect Carly Rae Jepsen to hear a bit of folk in Carly Rae Jepsen’s future work.  Just think of it as the Canadian re-emerging from the pop singer’s soul. “I think I have a folky side in my blood from what I used to listen to with my parents, and it’ll be fun to incorporate of that more in the verses of the pop songs, a little something deeper to the verses.”

More Album News:

CRJ confirms her new album is in the works. However, Jepsen says in a recent interview with Billboard that the album won't come anytime soon as she still works to make it better than its predecessor, 2012's "Kiss".

"I think 'Kiss' was a bit of a rush," the 27-year-old Canadian singer admits. "So I think I'll be kind of taking my time to make sure what I'm putting out there next feels like the strongest thing I can make."

When asked about the writing process for her upcoming new album, the 'Call Me Maybe' singer says that it began "the day 'Kiss' was turned in." She also confesses that she already has three songs in the bag.

In addition to working with previous collaborators Ryan Stewart and Josh Ramsay on the project, Jepsen will enlist the musical help of "a lot of younger guys who are all Canadians and just really creative and have a lot going on."

Work on the album has been pushed back due to her Summer Tour which she extended into September. The last day is next week, on the 20th, in Washington state.

Scooter Braun tweeted out on Wednesday that she is about to go back into the studio after this last show.

So, I would expect the album to be early 2014 now.

@ @DanKing2604

Album #1 Tug of War - 2008 (originally released in Canada only but has since been released as a "low-key import" worldwide 2-3 months ago by her CDN label 604 Records) - the sound is a bit "Folky Pop". A good debut for a 22 year-old.

EP #1 Curiosity - 2012 (was expected to be album #2 in Canada only, but was shortened to a 6 track EP, once she signed to Interscope US) - too bad cause I loved all 10 tracks that were previewed on iTunes Canada just before they altered it.

Album #2 Kiss - 2012

Album #3 TBD - 2014

So she is really working on her 4th studio album - but it will be her 3rd "Official" album release.

I know :( The video was so odd lols, all those doors and watching random people kissing, she looked absolutely gorgeous though :wub:

At the time, it was just a Canadian release, and the video is typical of cheap Canadian production values. fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

After she had shot the video, Call Me Maybe took off worldwide - and I think it was held back so as not to make her image look too sexy.

Too bad, cause I think this image works for her - not the teen Candies image she has now.

At the time, it was just a Canadian release, and the video is typical of cheap Canadian production values. fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

After she had shot the video, Call Me Maybe took off worldwide - and I think it was held back so as not to make her image look too sexy.

Too bad, cause I think this image works for her - not the teen Candies image she has now.

Totally agree, she can pull of sexy if she wants to and I've seen a lot of comments elsewhere saying she acts too young for how old she actually is so it would be a good idea to remarket her this era, but obvs with the same flawless music :worship:

Kevvy Mental Tweet:

Gonna do a little jammin with @carlyraejepsen today! About. Time.

2:15pm - 25 Oct 13

Interesting... He co-wrote "Turn Me Up" on Kiss, with CRJ and Bonnie McKee.

Another piece of the new album puzzle.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.