Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Guest Max

Gaga to be Rolling Stone Magazine's "Woman of the Year 2013"

She hasn't done anything all year to be named "Woman of the Year"  :lmfao:

This. It would be rather awkward if she's the woman of the year, because she hasn't done a single thing this year. Even Cake Like Lady Gaga was released back in 2012. 

I hope it's true cause that would mean we'd get a new photoshoot, right?  :excited:

True. 

I have a hard time believing this. As others said, she really hasn't done much this year. laughcry

I think the year they mean is September 2012 to September 2013, and they will list things like the tour and the Born This Way Foundation + other philanthropic work she did while on the road, like Time magazine did when they declared her the new Queen of Pop earlier this year  knit1

The Rolling Stones team are clearly stans as well, she has featured on the cover for them three times already, she's appeared on many of their all time lists over the last couple of years and they loved the last album, so there's a good relationship there; both camps have probably been in contact for a while about featuring her again when she makes her comeback.

Either way, this is just another sign that August is our month; after things have continued being so dead into the end of June, I've been increasingly apathetic about ARTPOP and the chances of a late summer launch, and now this has suddenly sprung up like a sign from above and I'm so hyped now that we know our girl is coming back to us, indeed sooner than we hoped  :wub:

Also, in that time she covered the September issue of Vogue, their largest ever, and released the first ever black liquid perfume (Rolling Stones jizzed themselves when reviewing the Guggenheim launch).

If this is true, I definitely believe that Lady Gaga's team pushed for this to happen as a way to promote the new era and to remind the public that Gaga still exits. It'll also spawn a lot of talk and debate, which may or may not be beneficial, but which will nonetheless help to return Gaga to the public's eye after such a long break. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.